ARCHIVE:The 16 commandments at TheologyOnLine (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
10 just isn't enough here ;)

Breaking one of these commandments MAY cause you to be banned from our forum.

1. Thou SHALL NOT use profanity or insinuated profanity on this forum. Crass potty humor is also discouraged here at TOL.
2. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to upload profane images to our website or post links to profane material on our website. Profane avatars and profile images are also illegal and will result in instant banishment.
3. Thou SHALL NOT be intentionally blasphemous or unnecessarily disruptive. We will ban you if you are presenting yourself as an unneeded distraction (yes this is subjective - live with it).
4. Thou SHALL NOT call other TOL members names without cause. Appropriately identifying the wicked is not only allowed but encouraged.
5. Thou SHALL NOT post in ALL CAPS. That's rude, considered shouting and also hard to read.
6. Thou SHALL NOT hijack threads (intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the threads purpose).
7. Thou SHALL NOT spam (unless its by our design and even then please be creative and keep spamming to a minimum. Do not make it your obsession or you will be banned).
8. Thou SHALL NOT post copyrighted material on our website
(without prior approval). Generally you shouldn't post any material on TOL that is not your own creation without giving credit to the source. If you do post material from another source... please only post a small excerpt from your source and then provide a link or other note of source.
9. Thou SHALL NOT submit posts of extreme length
(anything over 6 short paragraphs may be considered too long. Don't attempt to make your whole argument in one post. Battle Royale's are exempt from this rule.)
10. Thou SHALL NOT copy and paste your previous papers and writings (like high school or college papers) without prior approval. TheologyOnLine is for dialogue.
11. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to redirect members to another forum. (Profile and signature links may be allowed with administrator approval.) Using our PM system to redirect members to other forums is also a banable offense.
12. Thou SHALL NOT discuss the banning of other TOL members publicly if any TOL mod or admin has asked you to not discuss such matters.
13. Thou SHALL NOT mistreat TOL moderators and admins. (if you are asked by TOL moderator to alter your post, signature, avatar or other input at TOL please respect their request).
14. Thou SHALL NOT disrespect the decisions and or warnings of the TOL moderators and administrators.
15. Thou SHALL NOT advocate any criminal activity or vigilantism against another TOL member or anyone else. For instance, one might rightfully say... "The government should execute murderers" but someone should not advocate executing anyone personally or outside the criminal justice system.
16. Thou SHALL NOT break any other agreed upon rules.

Most (if not all) of the above commandments are subjective in nature. The owners and operators of TheologyOnLine reserve the right to enforce the rules of this website as they deem necessary.

TheologyOnLine is private property and all participants participate at the pleasure of this websites owners.

TOL is biased towards the truth - learn to deal with it. :)

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I cleaned out this thread so we could start a new discussion about the TOL rules if anyone has any questions.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I made some minor alterations. I will highlight them in red.

1. Thou shall not use profanity or insinuated profanity on this forum. Crass potty humor is also discouraged here at TOL.
2. Thou shall not attempt to upload profane images to our website or post links to profane material on our website. Profane avatars and profile images are also illegal and will result in instant banishment.
3. Thou shall not be intentionally blasphemous or unnecessarily disruptive. Emphasis on "unnecessarily disruptive" we will ban you if you are presenting yourself as an unneeded distraction (yes this is subjective - live with it).
4. Thou shall not call other TOL members names without cause. Appropriately identifying the wicked is not only allowed but encouraged.
5. Thou shall not post in ALL CAPS.
6. Thou shall not hijack threads (intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the threads purpose).
7. Thou shall not spam (unless its by our design and even then please be creative and keep spamming to a minimum. Do not make it your obsession or you will be banned).
8. Thou shall not post copyrighted material on our website
(without prior approval).
9. Thou shall not submit posts of extreme length
(anything over 6 short paragraphs may be considered too long. Don't attempt to make your whole argument in one post. Battle Royale's are exempt from this rule.)
10. Thou shall not copy and paste your previous papers and writings (like high school or college papers) without prior approval. TheologyOnLine is for dialogue.
11. Thou shall not attempt to redirect members to another forum. (Profile and signature links may be allowed with administrator approval.) Using our PM system to redirect members to other forums is also a banable offense.
12. Thou SHALL NOT discuss the banning of other TOL members publicly if any TOL mod or admin has asked you to not discuss such matters.
13. Thou SHALL treat TOL moderators and admins with respect (if you are asked by TOL moderator to alter your post, signature, avatar or other imput at TOL please respect their request).
14. Thou SHALL respect the decisions and or warnings of the TOL moderators and administrators.
15. Thou shall not break any other agreed upon rules.

Mr. 5020

1. Thou shall not use profanity or insinuated profanity on this forum. Crass potty humor is also discouraged here at TOL.
Just my 2 cents...

This one needs to be enforced more often.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
Just my 2 cents...

This one needs to be enforced more often.
I agree, and we have decided that we are going to start deleting more posts that are of that nature.

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
I agree, and we have decided that we are going to start deleting more posts that are of that nature.
I see that my shout was the guinea pig.... :chuckle:

I'm really happy with that decision. It was to the point where I was embarrassed to invite people here. :(

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
I see that my shout was the guinea pig.... :chuckle:

I'm really happy with that decision. It was to the point where I was embarrassed to invite people here. :(
So then... why would you post something like that in the ShoutBox? :think:

no avatar

Could you change your "SHALL"s to "SHALT"s? It would fit into the whole Ten Commandments thing better.

(I know that is picky, but I am really anal.)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
I didn't realize it fell into the category of a cuss word. My apologies...
Well... it was just a thinly veiled substitute wasn't it?

Not really a big deal to me at all.

I just figured I would delete so that it didn't become the norm - know what I mean?

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
Well... it was just a thinly veiled substitute wasn't it?

Not really a big deal to me at all.

I just figured I would delete so that it didn't become the norm - know what I mean?
:thumb:

I know exactly what you mean, and, like I said before, am extremely happy with the decision.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I've always considered freaking a relative of freak, freaky, freak out, &c. "This exam that is freaking me out." ...said another, simpler way... "This freaking exam."

Mr. 5020

Lucky said:
I've always considered freaking a relative of freak, freaky, freak out, &c. "This exam that is freaking me out." ...said another, simpler way... "This freaking exam."
I agree, I never looked at it as a substitute, but that is because I do not cuss. I do understand Knight's decision though...it was a good one.

Redfin

<a name="7"></a>7. Thou SHALL NOT spam (unless its by our design and even then please be creative and keep spamming to a minimum. Do not make it your obsession or you will be banned).

Is there already a comprehensive definition of "spam" as it applies here on TOL?

I recently got "infracted" for it, and want to be sure what I did wrong.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I would like some clarity of name calling; while cuss words are self evident peccadilloes and derogatory words directed at someone is an obvious offense, what about common descriptors, which are less than derogatory?

Such as calling someone who keeps dogging one about a subject she or he feels has been addressed, can I call them a pest?

My definition of a pest is beguine, meaning an annoyance.

What about goof or goofball?

My definition of these terms applies to anyone who I think is acting inappropriate in a silly way.

The same with monkying around or any derivate of monkey behavior, never is it intended to mean anything to do with evolution, or degeneracy
Also nutty, as in “your are really being nutty now” means the same as crazy.

My definition of crazy and nutty is a subjective perception of inappropriate bizarre behavior.

This covers all I say that might be out of bounds; I never had problems with it before and my guess it that it should be fine here.

I do think calling someone ignorant or stupid is uncalled for and is hostile speech, more so, bad manners.

No need to respond, I know you are busy, so I will take a non-response as meaning things are copasetic

Status
Not open for further replies.