Theology Club: Did God place Adam in the garden for him to fail?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I said God can choose to limit or not limit. I believe He as the Firstborn/Word limited himself so as to make viable true relationship with man and true interaction. Surprise, pleasure, joy, desire for love and vice versa. not that God needs those but that He desires.

As the Father who is Spirit He knows all (period).
The Son has access to The Fathers knowledge but has limited his own knowledge to enable relationship and free will response of love, desire, passion and worship.

1 cor 2:10-11 for the Spirit ((searches)) all things, (even) the depths of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? (Even so) the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God
God tells us, in the Bible, the limits of existence and how His knowledge relates.

I said. I think that is a mute point. Anything that can exist is known. And God is both capable of creating anything as well as knows everything.
Moot, not mute. Just an FYI.

Certainly all that exists is knowable. That does not mean it is definitely known. God is capable of being ignorant if He so chooses in regard to that which exists.

And His ability to create that which He so desires is moot in this conversation as the issue is what actually exists vs. what does not.

Word based mystic

God tells us, in the Bible, the limits of existence and how His knowledge relates.

Moot, not mute. Just an FYI.

Certainly all that exists is knowable. That does not mean it is definitely known. God is capable of being ignorant if He so chooses in regard to that which exists.

And His ability to create that which He so desires is moot in this conversation as the issue is what actually exists vs. what does not.

i agree with what you say. And very few would entertain these thoughts and usually label you as blasphemous.

mute/moot lol been a long time since i mispelled. lol i meant misspelled.
I was listening to mutemath band so. jk.

God is capable of choosing ignorance of a subject for whatever purposes He has.

please elaborate on your quote below

Word based mystic

lucifers rebellion in the universe and His wickedness need to not only be judged but also judged and corrected as a standard by mans obedience and right relationship with God

thus man will end up judging even angels.
Standard.
overcoming.
Loving response to the creator
and more.

Cross Reference

lucifers rebellion in the universe and His wickedness need to not only be judged but also judged and corrected as a standard by mans obedience and right relationship with God

I probably would use the word "rectified" instead of "corrected" because God's creation was subjected to futility and futility [by man's will] won out. It sealed man's disposition to it without an advocate. It was not sin he was sealed to but rather the power of sin that easy access to his soul. Jesus "rectified" that situation with His Life and death. It is called "Redemption".

The lesson to be learned is that God cannot not go against the will of man for His purpose, set in Himself, to be a satisfaction to Him and to the Angels watching. Man must willingly overcome that which is against God in his personal life, i.e., the issue of vanity.. The power of God that assists him can only be of a relationship between him and God. This love relationship comes by the new birth imputed through the choosing by Jesus Christ that the one chosen might see the government of God to desire it, to sell all and "buy" it.

Warfare is realized in this that only strengthens as progress is made by that one who understands, has counted the cost and who advances his life towards the "Brotherhood" of Jesus Christ set in the Godhead. These are those who will judge in that day.

thus man will end up judging even angels.

Exactly!

Standard.
overcoming.
Loving response to the creator
and more.

?????? Unless you mean these three things to be the normal Christian life to which I again, agree.

Word based mystic

I probably would use the word "rectified" instead of "corrected" because God's creation was subjected to futility and futility [by man's will] won out. It sealed man's disposition to it without an advocate. It was not sin he was sealed to but rather the power of sin that easy access to his soul. Jesus "rectified" that situation with His Life and death. It is called "Redemption".

The lesson to be learned is that God cannot not go against the will of man for His purpose, set in Himself, to be a satisfaction to Him and to the Angels watching. Man must willingly overcome that which is against God in his personal life, i.e., the issue of vanity.. The power of God that assists him can only be of a relationship between him and God. This love relationship comes by the new birth imputed through the choosing by Jesus Christ that the one chosen might see the government of God to desire it, to sell all and "buy" it.

Warfare is realized in this that only strengthens as progress is made by that one who understands, has counted the cost and who advances his life towards the "Brotherhood" of Jesus Christ set in the Godhead. These are those who will judge in that day.

Exactly!

?????? Unless you mean these three things to be the normal Christian life to which I again, agree.

I was thinking those issues of
a righteous standard
an overcoming of sin
loving response to the creator

is some of the way God will use man as a standard to judge the fallen angels.

they having full knowledge and awareness of God and still chose evil
man having little knowledge and no sight still pursued God through Christs empowerment and Gift.

Cross Reference

I was thinking those issues of
a righteous standard
an overcoming of sin
loving response to the creator

is some of the way God will use man as a standard to judge the fallen angels.

they having full knowledge and awareness of God and still chose evil
man having little knowledge and no sight still pursued God through Christs empowerment and Gift.

Sorry but, that is all a bit too "mystical" for me to grasp.

Word based mystic

Sorry but, that is all a bit too "mystical" for me to grasp.

probably

lol

I was just considering what the standard that will be applied that will allow us to judge angels.

As always i am open to correction or scripture.

It seems to me that fruits of the Spirit shall last and are gold and silver.

rebellion and selfishness, carnality will be burned up at the judgement.

Love will remain all other things will be judged by whether it is agape love based action.

Word based mystic

but back on target as to garden of eden'

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust

Cross Reference

but back on target as to garden of eden'

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust

But God allows for temptation by Satan, to happen.

Where are you going with this??

Word based mystic

But God allows for temptation by Satan, to happen.

Where are you going with this??

the key is vs 14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust.

shows a free will response
and an (opportunity) to fail (or) possibly be trustworthy if man chose relationship/love (rather) than the law/tree of knowledge of good and evil.

man thought the knowledge of good and evil put man in charge of his own blessings
and destiny.

So man failed.
Man chose his own self and pride.

rather than be wrapped up in relational love.
if you are in love and respond in love you will act to please and benefit the other person. Man chose his own self and pride.

Cross Reference

the key is vs 14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust.

shows a free will response
and an (opportunity) to fail (or) possibly be trustworthy if man chose relationship/love (rather) than the law/tree of knowledge of good and evil.

man thought the knowledge of good and evil put man in charge of his own blessings
and destiny.

So man failed.
Man chose his own self and pride.

rather than be wrapped up in relational love.
if you are in love and respond in love you will act to please and benefit the other person. Man chose his own self and pride.

So when redeemed man begins to understand to make progress away from self unto a relationship as a son, what method does God use to to prove him?

Word based mystic

So when redeemed man begins to understand to make progress away from self unto a relationship as a son, what method does God use to to prove him?

in the garden it was the tree of knowledge of good and evil

which i believe is similar to the (law) still have yet to assess this in depth

The awareness of the law is a method to prove man.
james 4:17 Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.

mans conscience may be another method.

romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

nature combined with conscience seems to be another.

romans 1:20 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

Satan is used both as a test and a sharpener of character to the believer.
matthew 4 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
It seems that the devil tempts very often is the legalism of the law
pursuing or acting so men can acquire blessings.
rather than relationship.

Cross Reference

in the garden it was the tree of knowledge of good and evil

which i believe is similar to the (law) still have yet to assess this in depth

The awareness of the law is a method to prove man.
james 4:17 Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.

mans conscience may be another method.

romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

nature combined with conscience seems to be another.

romans 1:20 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

Satan is used both as a test and a sharpener of character to the believer.
matthew 4 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
It seems that the devil tempts very often is the legalism of the law
pursuing or acting so men can acquire blessings.
rather than relationship.

Can't buy that as being what Jesus experienced.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
please elaborate on your quote below
The Bible is clear on the fact that the future is not yet [e.g. does not exist] and God does not know it because it does not exist and therefore cannot be known.

There are many instances of God doing something to find out what would happen, and the text even states that specifically.

If you don't know I have no intertest in further discussion.
You've never had interest in discussion you conceited blowhard.

Cross Reference

The Bible is clear on the fact that the future is not yet [e.g. does not exist] and God does not know it because it does not exist and therefore cannot be known.

There are many instances of God doing something to find out what would happen, and the text even states that specifically.

You've never had interest in discussion you conceited blowhard.

Another "badge of honor". Thank you.