Theology Club: Other than glorification, what is the need for the Holy Spirit in the open view?

TIPlatypus

Unregenerate man.

Fine

Is that how Jesus did it?

I'll make an exception. :)

Heredity does not play a part in blamelessness. Paul was blameless until the law revealed/made alive, sin..

I was not being clear. Sorry. I mean sin is hereditary, not blamelessness.

Mistakes are correctable. Sin isn't. I must be canceled out. In the eternal of things, by the Will of man and purifying love in Christ that by Gods Grace, empowers man to perform it, is the WAY. See Gal 2:20 KJV. KJV ONLY HERE

I don't draw a clear line between mistakes and sin. Generally, mistakes happen by accident, and sin happens on purpose. But not always. After all, sinning on purpose may have unintended repercussions afterwards.

Cross Reference

I was not being clear. Sorry. I mean sin is hereditary, not blamelessness.

Sin is a choice between Satan or Self and God. [Thinking of the normal child] __ When the Law is introduced to his sensibilities, he is given to make a choice. That is the absolute on this. Any violation up to that point in time is of an innocent conscience. This time frame however, is a variable, and dependent upon the mind of the child. Mentality challenged kids should quickly come to mind as a reason for furthering the time frame. Hence it is the power of sin, the propensity for sinning, that is hereditarilly passed on as the penalty for Adam's transgression. Even God said He would do that in certain incoincidences, i.e., "The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation." Numbers 14:18 (KJV)

Notice it doesn't say "sin" passed on [iniquity=lawlessness] and it doesn't mention the mother. There are reasons that we might discuss. ll good stuff to remember.

"or avown, aw-vone'; (2 Kings 7:9; Psa. 51:5 [77]), from <H5753> (`avah); perversity, i.e. (moral) evil :- fault, iniquity, mischief, punishment (of iniquity), sin."

Though sin is an absolute: Try seeing inquity as a variable that can take on different personalities __ all sin mind you. Ps 51:5, I believe, illustrates this.

I don't draw a clear line between mistakes and sin. Generally, mistakes happen by accident, and sin happens on purpose. But not always. After all, sinning on purpose may have unintended repercussions afterwards.

As you state mistakes don't reveal intention whereas sin, by its 'substance', will. We best witness it as being the obvious, "what goes around, comes around". Thus the admonishion, "don't return evil for evil", and avoid the penalty for doing so, correct? Hope this helps and thanks, TIPlatypus.

TIPlatypus

Sin is a choice between Satan or Self and God. [Thinking of the normal child] __ When the Law is introduced to his sensibilities, he is ... the third and fourth generation."[/I] Numbers 14:18 (KJV)

Honestly, I do not know what you are talking about here. But anyways, I mean sin is hereditary because all children get taught the difference between right and wrong. They are generally taught what is wrong when they do wrong and are told it is wrong. Once they no the difference, then they are more adult than before, and more guilty every time they sin. There is no way of never sinning.

Notice it doesn't say "sin" passed on [iniquity=lawlessness] and it doesn't mention the mother. There are reasons that we might discuss. ll good stuff to remember.

"or avown, aw-vone'; (2 Kings 7:9; Psa. 51:5 [77]), from <H5753> (`avah); perversity, i.e. (moral) evil :- fault, iniquity, mischief, punishment (of iniquity), sin."

Though sin is an absolute: Try seeing inquity as a variable that can take on different personalities __ all sin mind you. Ps 51:5, I believe, illustrates this.

And I have no idea what you are saying here either.

As you state mistakes don't reveal intention whereas sin, by its 'substance', will. We best witness it as being the obvious, "what goes around, comes around". Thus the admonishion, "don't return evil for evil", and avoid the penalty for doing so, correct? Hope this helps and thanks, TIPlatypus.

When I say there is no clear boundary, you could tease someone about something, and next night they have committed suicide. This is an example of deliberately sinning but you would not have done it if you knew what was going to happen.