Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open View and Monophysitism

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    FYI,

    Lighthouse needs to take a little time and do some study before he can add anything of value to this conversation.

    Lighthouse, there is nothing wrong with taking a little time to get grounded in sound doctrine, there is everything wrong with pretending that it doesn't matter and continuing to advocate heresy here, or anywhere.

    Do yourself and others a favor and get clear on what you believe about Christ.

    The following is from this discussion:
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...07#post4031707

    Originally posted by Lighthouse
    Did I deny His humanity?
    Are you serious?

    You categorically denied the Humanity of Christ in post #7 of this thread.
    Originally posted by Lighthouse
    Jesus is God, and Jesus is Man. Jesus is not human.
    I've highlighted your heresy.



    Now you say:
    Originally posted by Lighthouse
    Jesus is human. What of it?




    Do you have a different Christology every week?

    Seriously, you contradict yourself on essential Christian doctrine every three days now?

    Why don't you figure out what you actually believe and then you will have something to contribute of theological substance.

    Until then, all you are doing is breeding confusion for yourself and for others.
    αξιον εστιν το αρνιον
    Worthy is the Lamb

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Dialogos View Post
      FYI,

      Lighthouse needs to take a little time and do some study before he can add anything of value to this conversation.

      Lighthouse, there is nothing wrong with taking a little time to get grounded in sound doctrine, there is everything wrong with pretending that it doesn't matter and continuing to advocate heresy here, or anywhere.

      Do yourself and others a favor and get clear on what you believe about Christ.

      The following is from this discussion:
      http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...07#post4031707


      Are you serious?

      You categorically denied the Humanity of Christ in post #7 of this thread.

      I've highlighted your heresy.



      Now you say:






      Do you have a different Christology every week?

      Seriously, you contradict yourself on essential Christian doctrine every three days now?

      Why don't you figure out what you actually believe and then you will have something to contribute of theological substance.

      Until then, all you are doing is breeding confusion for yourself and for others.
      You need to learn to pay attention to what is going on around you. Partially I corrected an error, and partially I'm playing games with you. I've already basically told you this and yet you still don't get it. What is wrong with your brain that you keep missing this?
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
        You need to learn to pay attention to what is going on around you. Partially I corrected an error,
        Corrected an error?

        Refusing to accept the humanity of Christ is not like missing the capital of a state on a geography test. Monophysitism is a heresy!

        You correct errors, you repent from heresy.

        Are you admitting that you held to a heretical position and are now repenting of that heresy?

        Originally posted by Lighthouse
        and partially I'm playing games with you.
        Oh, now I get it....



        Lighthouse the clown was just having fun with Christology.



        I, for one, don't think it is amusing to clown around with the nature of Jesus Christ and if you think that heresy is funny then I have serious concerns for you.

        Originally posted by Lighthouse
        What is wrong with your brain that you keep missing this?
        What is wrong with you that you think heresy is funny?
        αξιον εστιν το αρνιον
        Worthy is the Lamb

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Dialogos View Post
          Corrected an error?

          Refusing to accept the humanity of Christ is not like missing the capital of a state on a geography test. Monophysitism is a heresy!

          You correct errors, you repent from heresy.

          Are you admitting that you held to a heretical position and are now repenting of that heresy?


          Oh, now I get it....



          Lighthouse the clown was just having fun with Christology.



          I, for one, don't think it is amusing to clown around with the nature of Jesus Christ and if you think that heresy is funny then I have serious concerns for you.


          What is wrong with you that you think heresy is funny?
          I never said that I thought it was funny.

          And denying the deity of Christ is heresy. Misunderstanding the meaning of "human" to mean "having a human nature" is not. After all, you're guilty of that.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
            I never said that I thought it was funny.

            And denying the deity of Christ is heresy.
            Yes it is the Arian Heresy.

            Originally posted by Lighthouse
            Misunderstanding the meaning of "human" to mean "having a human nature" is not.
            That's not a misunderstanding, its biblical anthropology. In addition to being common sense.

            If a being does not have a human nature, they aren't human.

            That you would continue to dispute this makes you profoundly obstinate, profoundly confused, or profoundly ignorant and perhaps it is all three.

            Arguing that being human does not necessitate a human nature is perhaps one of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever encountered on TOL.

            The "nature" of a being is its very essence. It is what makes a duck a duck, a dog a dog, a bird a bird, a fish a fish and a lamb a lamb.

            The "nature" of a being is the very essence of that being. When God created Adam, the characteristics that set Adam apart from the rest of creation constituted Adam's human nature.

            So, if you are going to argue that Jesus didn't have a human nature, then you are going to have to argue that there was at least one human characteristic that Adam had the moment after God created Adam that Jesus did not have the moment after He was born.

            So what is that human characteristic?

            Second, it is clear that Jesus possessed a human nature because God is not limited to physical form. God is invisible (Col 1:15; 1 Tim 1:17), God is not limited to a specific geographic location (1 Kings 8:27; Jeremiah 23:24). The Man Jesus Christ, on the other hand, could be contained by the temple and was in fact inside the temple on multiple occasions. Jesus, the Man, did not fill the entire earth. Furthermore, Jesus is not invisible and could be seen by everyone.

            Thirdly, the human nature of Jesus is essential to the Resurrection.
            Jesus, the man, had a human spirit (Luke 23:46). It departed from His human body when He died. Jesus' human body was buried and was resurrected (the reunification of Jesus' human soul with His glorified body which ascended into heaven in Acts 1.)

            During those three days when the body of Christ was in the grave, the divinity of the Second Person of the Trinity was not incomplete, was it? The Divine Nature of God the Son was not dead in any sense , Christ was not dead, in any respect, in regard to His divine nature, for t is not part of the divine nature to dwell bodily.

            But the humanity of Jesus Christ, the Son of God was incomplete. The human nature of Jesus Christ was dead, for Jesus soul was separated from His body, and it is part of the human nature to dwell in the body.


            Now, if He Jesus did not have a human nature, then Jesus had no need of that physical body. God doesn't need a body, its not part of His nature to exist in physical form. But the Man Jesus Christ had a human nature and part of our human nature is to exist in physical form and we are, in some sense, incomplete until we are reunited with our bodies in the resurrection.
            αξιον εστιν το αρνιον
            Worthy is the Lamb

            Comment


            • #21
              There is a reason I had you on ignore; it is your obstinate nature of arrogance and stubborn refusal to be open to the possibility you might be wrong. Because of those your beliefs cannot be challenged and therefore cannot be tested so as to possibly be made stronger when you are right or corrected when you are wrong.

              Goodbye.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                There is a reason I had you on ignore; it is your obstinate nature of arrogance and stubborn refusal to be open to the possibility you might be wrong. Because of those your beliefs cannot be challenged and therefore cannot be tested so as to possibly be made stronger when you are right or corrected when you are wrong.

                Goodbye.
                Hasta.

                If you refuse to listen to reason, you can stay a heretic.
                αξιον εστιν το αρνιον
                Worthy is the Lamb

                Comment

                Working...
                X