Theology Club: A28D

Danoh

:idea: You could try actually addressing the person you are quoting, but no, you bring in "you and yours" (and more than a few times) because you are jealous or maybe the better term is obsessed that there are some here who 1 Corinthians 1:10 KJV.

That lightbulb appears a bit dim.

That explains your "through a glass; darkly" conclusion about my actual intent :chuckle:

We may differ in understanding on some things but I am glad you and yours have one another.

SaulToPaul 2

Gomer was a covenant theologian who enjoyed "high church" and singing robed in the choir.

Goober was an independent with a bent toward a dispensational approach. He did not believe a church was a building or an organization. He usually read scripture and talked doctrine at Wally's on Thursday evenings.

They had fellowship together over their belief of 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV), and rejoiced in being kinfolk, but that's about all they agreed about.

Danoh

:idea: You could try actually addressing the person you are quoting, but no, you bring in "you and yours" (and more than a few times) because you are jealous or maybe the better term is obsessed that there are some here who 1 Corinthians 1:10 KJV.

Right; I'm "obssessed" - I'm the one holding to Romans 16:17 in an extreme that rivals the 28ers own extreme of that passage :chuckle:

Poor lil ol me and Justin Johnson, and Terrence McKlean, and R. Jordan, and, and C.R. Stam, and Charles Baker, and J.C. O'Hair all failed to make your off-base 3% club - I'm really broken up about it :rotfl:

Ten to one you and yours started out in your error before you and yours - all 3% of you, lol - had learned how to properly study a thing out according to sound study principles; they are ever missing in your various statements of this view of yours.

Rom. 16:17 :rotfl: and I had thought that Jerry had been a bit of an extremist...

Admit it; you're STP's hitwoman; aren't you :chuckle:

Danoh

Does it bother you that heir and I "speak the same things" consistently?

Nope; no more than my strongly disagreeing with Interplanner and then asking him how his online store is doing.

No more than my strongly disagreeing with GT, and then siding with her when she is correct on some point.

Animosity is both blinding, and a useless waste of spiritual energy.

Come on STP; you should be able to note these distinctions within my patterns :)

Danoh

Danoh, did anything significant happen with the close of Acts?
Are things in the ministry just as they were from Acts 9-28?

I look at Acts through Paul's writings; not the other way around.

The other way around is how the 28ers approach these issues - you must know that.

Danoh

Danoh, did anything significant happen with the close of Acts?
Are things in the ministry just as they were from Acts 9-28?

Still good questions.

Nope. Nothing significant. Paul always writes about such moments; especially where his beloved nation is concerned - but he writes nothing about any of that it; neither does Luke.

One would think Paul would have written about such a significant moment; but he doesn't.

SaulToPaul 2

Nope. Nothing significant. Paul always writes about such moments; especially where his beloved nation is concerned - but he writes nothing about any of that it; neither does Luke.

One would think Paul would have written about such a significant moment; but he doesn't.

So, the ministry is identical to that of Acts 9-28?

To the Jew first? Sign gifts?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Right; I'm "obssessed" - I'm the one holding to Romans 16:17 in an extreme that rivals the 28ers own extreme of that passage :chuckle:

Poor lil ol me and Justin Johnson, and Terrence McKlean, and R. Jordan, and, and C.R. Stam, and Charles Baker, and J.C. O'Hair all failed to make your off-base 3% club - I'm really broken up about it :rotfl:
godrulz' argument that those of the minority are in error because of the numbers. :yawn:

An interesting side note: Terrence Mclean is not in agreement with Richard Jordan.
Ten to one you and yours started out in your error before you and yours - all 3% of you, lol - had learned how to properly study a thing out according to sound study principles; they are ever missing in your various statements of this view of yours.
:dizzy: This doesn't even make sense. It's what I've come to expect from you: a lot of words that say nothing.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Right; I'm "obssessed"
You brought SaulToPaul's name and mine up in a thread where the OP had nothing to do with us. You are obsessed alright.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-the-Mystery&p=4669566&viewfull=1#post4669566

And then when I responded to the OP (which had nothing to do with you), you responded as if I were talking to you, but I wasn't. Why does everything have to revolve around you?

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-the-Mystery&p=4669580&viewfull=1#post4669580

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-the-Mystery&p=4669595&viewfull=1#post4669595

Danoh

Terrence and Richard are in agreement on much - the Mystery; the KJV; etc.

Terrence went his own way out of his disagreement with some understandings; but mainly, out of his massive narcissism.

One barely ever hears a peep from GSB in their own defense when maligned by one supposed sole "truth holder" or another; they just walk on in Grace towards one and all, while the so called "Grace" experts of the movement continue to make their loud noise about how anyone who is not with them falls under Rom. 16:17.

My thoughts on all that being...

:chuckle:

Danoh

The Acts 28 Position:

"THE MYSTERY was not hid in the scriptures of the prophets like the mystery of Romans 16:25-26. It didn't exist anywhere until after Acts 28:28. Almost everything in Paul's last 7 epistles make up THE MYSTERY."