Theology Club: HANDLE THIS ??

DAN P

Hi to all and since MID-ACTS is all man made , have anyone considered this THEORY ?

#1 . In Gal 1:15 Paul was saved !

#2 , Saved from his mother's WOMB !

#3 , This means , that Gal 1:15 Paul was saved by GRACE !

#4 , This also means that Paul was saved in his mother's WOMB 2 years after Jesus BIRTH !!

#5 , So , does this mean that the Body of Christ began in Gal 1:15 ?

#6 , Or maybe in Matthew ??

MID-ACTS was man-made so that Acts 2 , 9 , 11 , 13 and 28 could worship together in the 1940's !!

#7 , What I written I believe to be true , BUT since I am a strict Acts 9:6 I can destroy this position with one verse !!

dan p

Last edited:

DAN P

How'd that work out?

Hi and have you seen anyone prove a MID-ACTS position with a verse ??

I have not and we have that position in our by-laws and to me that is dis-honest and do not have the guts or know why it in rhere and I have stood up and opposed it in our assembly and and it was voted down , but the Elder board has brought up again in 2016 !!

dan p

DAN P

Not that I recall, anymore than anyone ever proved the Jew/Gentile Body of Christ began at Pentecost.

Hi and many Grace assemblies have this in there Constitution " that we are a MID-ACTS Assembly clearly and Planily " and are dis-honest to say we are Acts 9 !!

dan p

musterion

So what you're saying is (correct me if I'm wrong), don't say "we're Acts chapter __," just say "Mid-Acts" instead?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Hi to all and since MID-ACTS is all man made , have anyone considered this THEORY ?

#1 . In Gal 1:15 Paul was saved !

#2 , Saved from his motehr's WOMB !

#3 , This means , that Gal 1:15 Paul was saved by GRACE !

#4 , This also means that Paul was saved in his mother's WOMB 2 years after Jesus BIRTH !!

#5 , So , does this mean that the Body of Christ began in Gal 1:15 ?

#6 , Or maybe in Matthew ??

MID-ACTS was man-made so that Actys 2 , 9 , 11 , 13 and 28 could worship together in the 1940's !!

#7 , What I written I believe to be true , BUT since I am a strict Acts 9:6 I can destroy this position with one verse !!

dan p
Acts 2 is the birth of the churchie

DAN P

So what you're saying is (correct me if I'm wrong), don't say "we're Acts chapter __," just say "Mid-Acts" instead?

Hi and as far as I know I am the only one saying that Mid-Acts is man made an I am A STRICT Acts 9:6 .

One Mid-Acts proponent said that Mid-Acts is to get as many under a dispensational umbrella !!

All I am doing is letting all know that Mid-Acts is man made and not scriptural whatsoever , so BELIEVE it OR NOT !!

DAN P

DAN P

Acts 2 is the birth of the churchie

Hi and you are still alive , so there is still HOPE for all , before the BEMA SEAT , don't you see !!

If you really are Acts 2 , where do you take sacrifice , ask Danoh , maybe he can help you !!

dan p

musterion

Hi and as far as I know I am the only one saying that Mid-Acts is man made an I am A STRICT Acts 9:6 .

One Mid-Acts proponent said that Mid-Acts is to get as many under a dispensational umbrella !!

All I am doing is letting all know that Mid-Acts is man made and not scriptural whatsoever , so BELIEVE it OR NOT !!

DAN P

Who said that? Pretty much all who hear of MAD hate it.

DAN P

Hi one higher up in the Grace Movement !! Sorry , as I am always in trouble !!

Most say it bagan with Paul when Paul wrote his first epistle !!

What epistle was that ?

dan p

Danoh

This notion of DP's "Mid-Acts is to get as many under a dispensational umbrella !!"

I once heard Richard Jordan say something along that line - along that line that is, when his words are misunderstood, whether intentionally, or out of plain old sloppiness in one's careful observation of details.

His words were more along the line of how that the Mid-Acts label was the result of an attempt between Acts 9 and Acts 13 leaders to allow each their respective differences in understanding, out of their collective agreement that each individual was where he was in his particular understanding given each's time, talents, etc., in the Word.

It was an attempt between those who were neither Acts 2 nor 28 to allow their different understanding, Acts 9, or 13, or what have you, seeing as it did not compromise all they held in common.

And they were ever willing to explore their different understandings as to what began where, etc. Each did not need the other to agree with them on the minors, or else.

Many of them are still agreeable.

Thus, why one still hears or reads of the label, Mid-Acts.

And then you have the legalists and their “my way or the highway.”

They talk Paul this, Grace that, and “that’s not for us,” til the cows come home.

Attempt to voice difference in your understanding; see how much Grace they truly understand, let alone, practice.

There is no exploring anything with such. They only project their own agenda into it, catch said projection’s reflection shining back at them, and only conclude it’s actually the other side that is up to no good.

Paul himself was often the target of such hypocrisy from his own.

Given this dynamic between the two, the best thing to do is to leave such to their dissimulation.

Not mad, just MAD :)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Hi and now show how PENTECOAT a Jewish Feast Day is connected to the BODY of CHRIST !!

dan p

1. The Birth of the Church The Feast of Weeks is specifically fulfilled by the birth of the Church (Acts 2:1-4). It is no accident that the Church was born on the Feast of Weeks or the Feast of Pentecost. It was on this occasion that the Holy Spirit began a new ministry. Some have taught that this is the first appearance of the Holy Spirit, but that is simply not so. The activity of the Holy Spirit is seen throughout the pages of the Old Testament and the Gospels. What was new in Acts 2 was not the coming of the Holy Spirit as such, but rather, a new ministry of the Holy Spirit: the ministry of Spirit baptism. No one was ever baptized by the Holy Spirit throughout the pages of the Old Testament; neither was anyone ever baptized by the Spirit in the Gospels. The first time the Holy Spirit began to do His work of baptism was in Acts 2. It is a unique ministry that concerns the Church and the Church alone. This occasion, the birth of the Church, was the fulfillment of the Feast of Weeks.

That Spirit baptism and the birth of the Church are intertwined is obvious from several lines of evidence. First, it is stated in Colossians 1:18 that the Church is the Body of the Messiah. Secondly, it is stated in Ephesians 2:11-16 that this Body, the Church, is composed of Jewish and Gentile believers united into one Body. Thirdly, it is stated that entrance into this Body is by Spirit baptism in I Corinthians 12:13: For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free; and were all made to drink of one Spirit. If the Church is the Body of the Messiah, and it is; and if the Body is composed of Jewish and Gentile believers, and it is; and if the entrance into the Body is by means of Spirit baptism, and it is; that in itself means two more things. First, it means that no one could be part of the Body until Acts 2, because only then did Spirit baptism begin. Spirit baptism is absolutely essential for the membership and growth of the Body. Secondly, it means that every believer is baptized by the Spirit. That is why Paul makes this so clear in I Corinthians 12:13: For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body. The coming of the Holy Spirit in Acts 2 began His work of Spirit baptism giving birth to the Church, the Body of the Messiah. Because every believer is a member of the Body of the Messiah, every believer, at the moment he believes, is baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of the Messiah. Therefore, the Feast of Weeks was fulfilled by the birthday of the Church.

2. The Two Loaves The second element by way of messianic significance is to remember that there were to be two loaves offered on a single sheet in the biblical practice of this feast. These two loaves represent two types of people in the Church: Jews and Gentiles, united into one Body (Eph. 2:11-16; 3:5-6). Furthermore, these loaves were to be leavened. Since leaven is a symbol of sin, this means that Jewish and Gentile sinners are brought into the Church, the Body of the Messiah.

3. The Application It was pointed out that the Feast of Weeks is also called the “Day of Firstfruits” because it marked the firstfruits of the summer harvest. The application is that the firstfruits were Jewish believers. For example, the firstfruits of the Church are the three thousand Jews who were saved on that occasion according to Acts 2:41-42. They comprised the Church of that day. Furthermore, James, who wrote specifically to Jewish believers (Jas. 1:1-2), called these Jewish believers “firstfruits” in James 1:18.

The Feast of Weeks is fulfilled by the birthday of the Church that is constituted of Jewish and Gentile believers into one Body. The firstfruits aspect is fulfilled by virtue of the fact that Jewish believers were the first ones in this Body during the first century.

DAN P

This notion of DP's "Mid-Acts is to get as many under a dispensational umbrella !!"
issimulation.

Not mad, just MAD :)

Hi and this is my ANALYSIS and confirmed by the GGF !!

This goes back to the days when STAM and the College where battling and you never noticed the PATTERN ??

dan p

Danoh

Hi and many at a Grace assembly would WALK out when the Lord's supper was given on any given Sunday !!

At one time we had Acts 2 , 9 , 13 and 28 and the Acts 28 are trying to come back in !!

dan p

You've missed my point.

The best to you in your need for these things.

musterion

Dan, you lost me this time. Just on the issue of water baptism ALONE, there is no one outside of "ultradispensationalism" who ever wanted anything to do with it on that basis alone, at least as far as fellowship is concerned. Add on top of that when the Body started, how to apply the NT, etc etc etc, and no one wants anything to do with anyone who goes 1 inch beyond Acts 2.