Theology Club: Did the Body of Christ Began at Acts 9?

DAN P

Please quote the verses which prove that what you said is true.

No one has yet answered the fact that Paul himself spoke of other men who were in Christ before him:

"Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me" (Ro.16:7).​

Paul also says that if anyone be "in Christ" then he is a new creation:

"So if any one be in Christ, there is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" (2 Cor.5:17; J. N. Darby Translation).

Hi and read Gal 3:28 for it also answers those who were " in Christ before Paul as Rom 16:7 says !!

#1 , First , those in Christ were not in the Body of Christ and THEIR was not yet a Body of Christ and most say REDEMPTIVELY they were in Christ !!

You would have to say that all saved Jews were then in the Body of Christ and would have to PUT all Jews are in the Body , BUT Gal 3:28 TRUMPS that , for there are no JEWS in the Body !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and read Gal 3:28 for it also answers those who were " in Christ before Paul as Rom 16:7 says !!

#1 , First , those in Christ were not in the Body of Christ and THEIR was not yet a Body of Christ and most say REDEMPTIVELY they were in Christ !!

You would have to say that all saved Jews were then in the Body of Christ and would have to PUT all Jews are in the Body , BUT Gal 3:28 TRUMPS that , for there are no JEWS in the Body !!

dan p

The concept of their being in Christ before Paul is one he often touches on and its idea is always the same - its the idea of the Cross' Two-Fold Redemption - Prophecy and Mystery.

Theirs is Acts 3, Pre-Romans 11 (BEFORE Israel's Fall), and the Body's is Romans 3, Post-Romans 11 (AFTER Israel's Fall).

Just as the Body's PHYSICAL Redemption is Romans 11:25, followed by theirs per Romans 11:26 at some point AFTER the Body's.

Both Spiritual redemptions and both Physical redemptions are made possible IN what Christ accomplished BY the Cross, Acts 3 and Romans 5.

SaulToPaul 2

Please quote the verses which prove that what you said is true.

No one has yet answered the fact that Paul himself spoke of other men who were in Christ before him:

"Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me" (Ro.16:7).​

Paul also says that if anyone be "in Christ" then he is a new creation:

"So if any one be in Christ, there is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" (2 Cor.5:17; J. N. Darby Translation).
Is the Vine from the four gospels the Body of Christ?

SaulToPaul 2

It says sins against the son of Man are forgiven and the reason there is blaspheme against the Holy Spirit is because of an unclean spirit. I doubt Paul had a unclean spirit in him after being baptized in Christ.

Saul rejected the Son of Man, spoke against him.
Saul rejected the Holy Ghost, spoke against him.
There was no hope for old Saul.

Until Acts 9...the appearing

2 Timothy 4:8 (KJV)

musterion

You silly, silly MADs.

If you would only drop all this divisive man-made dispensationalism and quit majoring on the minors, and realize that the Bible merely contains the word of God but isnt the Word of God, and stop worshipping Paul, Jesus will come back and unite us all in one big happy church so we can go put and kick some heathen butt for the glory of God.

Quit blocking God's bridges, as a wise man once said!

SaulToPaul 2

You silly, silly MADs.

If you would only drop all this divisive man-made dispensationalism and quit majoring on the minors, and realize that the Bible merely contains the word of God but isnt the Word of God, Jesus will come back and unite us all in one big happy church so we can go put and kick some heathen butt for the glory of God.

Quit blocking God's bridges, as a wise man once said!

I know, we should be more ecumenical.

SaulToPaul 2

Yes you should. You need to get your head out of those epistles and get back to the parts of the New Testament that Jesus wrote!

They've always scared me, because I know I cannot follow the red letters. Even as an unlearned child, I knew I could not follow them.

musterion

And learning the gift of tongues wouldn't hurt you any either. Would help ya follow them words that Jesus wrote.

achduke

Saul rejected the Son of Man, spoke against him.
Saul rejected the Holy Ghost, spoke against him.
There was no hope for old Saul.

Until Acts 9...the appearing

2 Timothy 4:8 (KJV)

What does 2 Timothy 4:8 Have anything to do when Paul was saved? What Day do you think Paul was talking about when he receives his crown? Also at what point of time do you think Paul received the Holy Spirit?

8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

SaulToPaul 2

What does 2 Timothy 4:8 Have anything to do when Paul was saved? What Day do you think Paul was talking about when he receives his crown? Also at what point of time do you think Paul received the Holy Spirit?

It could refer to his appearing(s) to Paul.

Acts 26
16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee

achduke

Acts 26
16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee

I think the day referred to in 2 Timothy 4:8 is the Last Day spoken about throughout the bible. This would be mean from 2 Timothy 4:8 that Paul has not received his crown yet.

SaulToPaul 2

Acts 26

2 Tim 1
10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

2 Tim 4
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

DAN P

Hi and there are many verse that prove whrn Paul was saved !!

#1 , One is Acts 9:6 !

#2 , The connecting verse is 1 Cor 12 3 !

#3 , Rom 1:1 , when he was SEPARATED / APHROZIA !

#4 , Gal 1:15 ! Separated from the womb !

#5 , 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 PROTO / FIRST !

#6 , 1 Cor 15:8 , WHEN he was ABORTED !!

There is no such thing as MID-ACTS nor can any dispensatioalist prove it as it is MAN MADE !!

Just to mentiona Few !!

achduke

Hi and there are many verse that prove whrn Paul was saved !!

#1 , One is Acts 9:6 !

#2 , The connecting verse is 1 Cor 12 3 !

#3 , Rom 1:1 , when he was SEPARATED / APHROZIA !

#4 , Gal 1:15 ! Separated from the womb !

#5 , 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 PROTO / FIRST !

#6 , 1 Cor 15:8 , WHEN he was ABORTED !!

There is no such thing as MID-ACTS nor can any dispensatioalist prove it as it is MAN MADE !!

Just to mentiona Few !!
Here is where he was saved at.

Acts 9:17-18 And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."

Acts 9:18 Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.

If Paul had the Holy Spirit then he was not condemn and was certainly saved.

DAN P

Here is where he was saved at.

Acts 9:17-18 And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."

Acts 9:18 Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.

If Paul had the Holy Spirit then he was not condemn and was certainly saved.

Hi and read 1 Cor 12:3 and it has 4 verb tenses that explain that Paul had HOLY SPIRIT POWER !!

I could explain but PENTECOSTALS will not understand , do they ??

dan p

achduke

Hi and read 1 Cor 12:3 and it has 4 verb tenses that explain that Paul had HOLY SPIRIT POWER !!

I could explain but PENTECOSTALS will not understand , do they ??

dan p
I do not know any pentecostals. Are you a pentecostal?