Theology Club: Did the Body of Christ Began at Acts 9?

DAN P

Tell me why you think that the Body of Christ began with Paul.

Thanks!

Hi Jerry and did the message of Grace begin with a MAN ( Paul ) or did Christ just throw it out there HOPING someone would pick it up and Preach it ??>

It began with a man called Paul in Acts 9:6 and proved by 1 Cor 12:3 IF you know what 1 Cor 12: 3 really means !!

You seem to lean to much Pentecostal to understand 1 Cor 12:3 is saying !!

dan p

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Tell me why you think that the Body of Christ began with Paul.

Thanks!
Moses was the spokesman for the church in the wilderness (Exodus 4:12 KJV, Acts 7:37-38 KJV).

Peter was for the "My church" (Matthew 16:18 KJV, Acts 1:15 KJV)

Paul was a pattern (first" 1 Timothy 1:15-16 KJV) for the church which is His (Christ's) body (Colossians 1:24 KJV)

SaulToPaul 2

Moses was the spokesman for the church in the wilderness (Exodus 4:12 KJV, Acts 7:37-38 KJV).

Peter was for the "My church" (Matthew 16:18 KJV, Acts 1:15 KJV)

Paul was a pattern (first" 1 Timothy 1:15-16 KJV) for the church which is His (Christ's) body (Colossians 1:24 KJV)

:up:

1. Earthly inheritance
2. Holy City inheritance
3. Heavenly inheritance

The Kingdom of God, the Whole Household of God.

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and did the message of Grace begin with a MAN ( Paul ) or did Christ just throw it out there HOPING someone would pick it up and Preach it ??>

Hi Dan. Throughout history all men were saved by grace apart from works.

But this fact was not made known until Paul was converted and given the commission to preach the gospel of grace.

Jerry Shugart

Because Paul says that HE is the PATTERN for those that should HEREAFTER believe on Him to life everlasting.

It's just so simple Jerry.

The word "pattern" is in regard to " longsuffering" and has nothing to do with Paul being the first person baptized into the Body of Christ.

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting" (1 Tim.1:15-16).​

Paul is saying that we should look at his own life "first" as an example that demonstrates just how far the grace of the Lord reaches. Paul sees himself as being not worthy to be an apostle because he "persecuted the church of God" (1 Cor.15:9) and describes himself as "chief" or "first in rank" among all sinners. Paul is saying that if the Lord can reach down in grace to save him then anyone can be saved.

It was in that way whereby Paul was a pattern to those who would later believe.

achduke

Indeed, when we realize that Paul could not get into the church that already existed at that time, he had to be the first into something else.

Why could Paul not get into the church that the disciples and apostles belonged to?

SaulToPaul 2

Scripture?

Acts 26
9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

He spoke against the Son of Man, and then he spoke against the Holy Ghost.

Last edited by a moderator:

DAN P

Why could Paul not get into the church that the disciples and apostles belonged to?

Hi , because that EKKLESIA was all Jewish and we can not follow the earthly Jesus as 2 Cor 5:16 has revealed !!

All so it never preached the Revelation of the MYSTERY of Rom 16:25 , did it !!

dan p

achduke

Acts 26
9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

He spoke against the Son of Man, and then he spoke against the Holy Ghost.

Mark 3:28-30 28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: 30Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

It says sins against the son of Man are forgiven and the reason there is blaspheme against the Holy Spirit is because of an unclean spirit. I doubt Paul had a unclean spirit in him after being baptized in Christ.

Jerry Shugart

Indeed, when we realize that Paul could not get into the church that already existed at that time, he had to be the first into something else.

Please quote the verses which prove that what you said is true.

No one has yet answered the fact that Paul himself spoke of other men who were in Christ before him:

"Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me" (Ro.16:7).​

Paul also says that if anyone be "in Christ" then he is a new creation:

"So if any one be in Christ, there is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" (2 Cor.5:17; J. N. Darby Translation).

Right Divider

Body part

No one has yet answered the fact that Paul himself spoke of other men who were in Christ before him:
"Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me" (Ro.16:7).​

"So if any one be in Christ, there is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" (2 Cor.5:17; J. N. Darby Translation).
Jerry, sometimes you're a big fan of context and other times you just ignore it. What is the CONTEXT of 2 Cor 5:17?
2Co 5:16-21 KJV Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. (17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; (19) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. (20) Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. (21) For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
The THEREFORE is there for some reason Jerry.

As we've told you before (but you conveniently ignore), there is a difference between the generic IN CHRIST and being IN the BODY of Christ (which IS the new creature).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

He only said they were in Christ, not in the BOC