Theology Club: Did the Body of Christ Began at Acts 9?

Danoh

Hi and read 1 Cor 12:3 and it has 4 verb tenses that explain that Paul had HOLY SPIRIT POWER !!

I could explain but PENTECOSTALS will not understand , do they ??

dan p

What that verse is referring to is to how that Body members who view/call other Body members accursed would basically be saying that Jesus is accursed - because all are members of His Body.

That if such have the Spirit (1st class conditional) meaning all did have the Spirit, then none of them had any business calling the Lord LORD in one breath, only to call Him accursed with their next breath, by their calling one another accursed and or their neglect of one another over one difference or another.

The balance of the chapter then breaks all that down, as elswhere in the Epistle - how that they are all one, but were not discerning the Lord's Body in one another, but were instead allowing themselves to be led by their own, fleshly viewpoint and its emotions.

They'd replaced one emotion based idol, with another...

DAN P

I do not know any pentecostals. Are you a pentecostal?

Hi and I will say it again , that I am aN Acts 9:6 Dispemsationalists like Payl and teach the Revelation of the MYSTERY written in Rom 16:25 !!

All others aprear to me Acts 2 Pentecostals , or Covenant theology , so which are you ?

dan p

achduke

Hi and I will say it again , that I am aN Acts 9:6 Dispemsationalists like Payl and teach the Revelation of the MYSTERY written in Rom 16:25 !!

All others aprear to me Acts 2 Pentecostals , or Covenant theology , so which are you ?

dan p
Not sure I am either. Maybe covenant although I have not studied either. I have been reading the Bible since I was young.

DAN P

Not sure I am either. Maybe covenant although I have not studied either. I have been reading the Bible since I was young.

Hi and Covenant Thelogy is worst and remeber that Pentecostalism begins with a Jewish Feast Day and what are you going to believe about the 613 Laws that governed Israel along with it's SACRIFICES ??

DAN P

Last edited:

achduke

Hi and Covenant Thelogy is worst and remeber that Pentecostalism begins with a Jewish Feast Day and what are you going to believe about the 613 Laws that governed Israel along with it's SACRIFICES ??

DAN P
Romans 7:12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.

Danoh

dan p

Lets see... Acts has 28 chapters. Mid-Acts would be a blank space between chapters 14 and 15.

Acts 9 would be "A Third Acts."

There ya go DP. Problem solved - some are Mid-Acts, some are Almost Acts 28, and you are A Third Acts.

Nah, wait; how many verses into Acts 9 was that?

Darn it, back to the drawing board.

Hmm, Acts 9 has 43 verses... so, if we divide 43 into...

Danoh

Romans 7:12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.

That is Paul speaking to those who'd failed to see the dominion of sin under the Law using himself as an example of the failure the Law had been meant to bring about given the Law's intent through said failure - see the end of Romans 5, see Romans 7, and the end of Galatians 3.

Then, get out of Romans 7 and into Romans 8 and Galatians 5 :)

achduke

That is Paul speaking to those who'd failed to see the dominion of sin under the Law using himself as an example of the failure the Law had been meant to bring about given the Law's intent through said failure - see the end of Romans 5, see Romans 7, and the end of Galatians 3.

Is there really a Romans 8 and Galatians 5? Were these not letters? Did Paul really number them like they are or were they meant to be in the same context throughout the whole letter?

glorydaz

I think Romans 7 should be understood, not gotten out of...but it is better to leave it behind than it is to use it to excuse an inability to do that which we'd like to do (as so many have). ;)

Danoh

Is there really a Romans 8 and Galatians 5? Were these not letters? Did Paul really number them like they are or were they meant to be in the same context throughout the whole letter?

Didn't seem to be an issue when you quoted Romans "7:12" and Romans "7:22."

In short; what's your point?

Danoh

I think Romans 7 should be understood, not gotten out of...but it is better to leave it behind than it is to use it to excuse an inability to do that which we'd like to do (as so many have). ;)

Get out of 7 and into 8 is exactly Paul's point.

Leaving 7 behind that one might live out 8 is the very mark of the high calling that Paul himself would many years later still be relating was his mark.

7 is "mine own righteousness which is of the law."

8 is that righteousness "which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith."

That's the point - you get out of 7 and into 8 and you find yourself "knowing him and (that is to say,) the power of his resurrection," etc.

You find "no condemnation...to them who walk after the Spirit" - in others words, who walk in the truth of these things this side of Grace that the Spirit inspired Paul to lay out in, in Romans 8.

achduke

DAN P
I believe God's law is holy but not all 613 commandments are applicable today. We should do as in Romans. Be in the spirit and let the Spirit guide us through the law. Anything else is applying our own righteousness and not the righteousness of God.

DAN P

I believe God's law is holy but not all 613 commandments are applicable today. We should do as in Romans. Be in the spirit and let the Spirit guide us through the law. Anything else is applying our own righteousness and not the righteousness of God.

Hi and Rom 7:22 , LAW /NOMOS is a translaiterated word with many means and here does not MEAN the Law of Moses !!

Is verse 22 is talking about the INNER MAN since we are in the Body of Christ !!

dan p

Danoh

Actually, Paul is illustrating the need to leave behind those things that are past - in this case, the Law given that its Performance Based Acceptance Before God was meant to point out to man through his failure under the Law through the Law man's utter hopelessness for acceptance by God under the Law - Romans 7's "I had not known sin but by the Law" v. 7.

Paul is illustrating the need to leave that system behind "...for ye are NOT under the Law, BUT UNDER Grace," 6:14, that leaving that system of Performance Based acceptance, you move on to the Liberty (from the flesh) to serve ACCORDING TO AND UNDER GRACE via walking "AFTER the Spirit," Rom.8:1.

Fact is that "if ye be led OF THE SPIRIT, ye are NOT under the Law" Gal. 5:18.

"For ye have NOT the spirit OF BONDAGE AGAIN to fear; BUT ye HAVE RECEIVED the Spirit OF ADOPTION, whereby ye cry, Abba," (in other words) "Father." Rom. 8:15.

The Spirit would never lead the Believer to put him or her self back under that yoke of bondage the Law had been as the Law's means of making one's bondage obvious by setting it off in him or her through its system of Thou Shalt/Thou Shalt Not.

The Law is Performance Based Acceptance - calls for righteousness from the person wanting righteousness. Problem: The Law is not able to give that acceptance in that it is unable to empower one, in that It is weak through the flesh.

God set this up that way so that when the Savior showed up, man could know from centuries of failure under the Law that man is utterly helpless to meet the Law's demand and thus utterly hopeless of ever receiving the Law's promise of righteousness based on performance.

Fact is that "IF righteousness is by the Law, THEN CHRIST IS DEAD IN VAIN" Gal. 2:21.

In short, God makes the Believer "the righteousness of God in Him" (in His Son) 2 Cor. 5:21, that (purpose or intent) the Believer THEN be able to walk in righteousness because that is who he or she now is.

He has made the Believer the righteousness, or perfect standard of acceptance before God, that the Law promised would be given "to them who by patient CONTINUANCE in well doing SEEK FOR glory and honour and immortality" Rom.2:7.

He has made the Believer the righteousness of God in Christ.

The Believer HAS righteousness - IN Him.

The job is yours, no experience needed, no years toiling away needed first, for the qualifier is built in, because the Qualifier has FULLY met the standard in your stead - you - CAN NOT - be - fired - now just go and be who you are in Christ.

And when you screw up, that just shows why the Son ALONE deserved and deserves ALL the glory. Look at the screw up for what it is, focus on its fact as proof the Cross was needed, and allow that - the Cross - to motivate your faith by Its great love wherewith He loved you. Loved you such that He gave Himself for you, Gal. 2:20. Look at it in this way, and deal with in this way - get back to walking in Him.

In short...

"What shall we say THEN? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? GOD FORBID. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer there in?" Rom. 6:1,2.

Last edited:

DAN P

Hi , and then you are believing that the Mosica Law is still ineffect ??

When Jesus said in John 19:30 " IT IS FINISHED " when FINISHED is in the Greek Perfect Tense , Jesus PAID for all sins EVEN for the 1600 years where Israel sacrificed animals and Jesus paid for all those SINS and Heb 9:15 says so , case closed !!

dan p

achduke

Hi , and then you are believing that the Mosica Law is still ineffect ??

When Jesus said in John 19:30 " IT IS FINISHED " when FINISHED is in the Greek Perfect Tense , Jesus PAID for all sins EVEN for the 1600 years where Israel sacrificed animals and Jesus paid for all those SINS and Heb 9:15 says so , case closed !!

dan p

1 Timothy 1:8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,

1 Timothy 1:9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

The righteous are led by the Spirit and they follow the Spirit of God. What ever the Spirit commands we should do.

Last edited: