a chosen generation,
a Royal Priesthood,
an holy nation,
a peculiar people;

That ye should shew forth the praises of Him
Who hath called you out of darkness
into His marvellous Light:

Does this apply to modern Christianity?

What do priests, the members of the priesthood, DO?

What is the meaning of priestly actions?

What is so peculiar about Christians?

Arsenios

Last edited:

Arsenios

Hi and most do not see Ex 19:6 that Israel was to be a Kingdom of Priests in the Millennium and also Rev 1:6 is way different than the Body of Christ !!

dan p

So do you believe that Christians are not the Children of Israel, the Body of Christ, according to the Promise?

Do you think that Rev was written only for Jews?
Do you think it was written prior to 70AD?

Arsenios

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
1Peter 2:9

But ye are
a chosen generation,
a Royal Priesthood,
an holy nation,
a peculiar people;

Arsenios

Who do you think that was written to ? Who is a peculiar people ? Haven't we heard that elsewhere in the Bible ?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Deuteronomy 14:2 KJV - Deuteronomy 26:18 KJV -

Titus 2:14 KJV -

Christians are a peculiar people -

pe·cu·liar
pəˈkyo͞olyər/Submit
adjective
strange or odd; unusual.
"his accent was a peculiar mixture of Cockney and Irish"
synonyms: strange, unusual, odd, funny, curious, bizarre, weird, queer, unexpected, unfamiliar, abnormal, atypical, anomalous, out of the ordinary; More
belonging exclusively to.
"the air hung with an antiseptic aroma peculiar to hospitals"
synonyms: characteristic of, typical of, representative of, indicative of, suggestive of, exclusive to, unique to
"mannerisms peculiar to the islanders"
nounBRITISH
a parish or church exempt from the jurisdiction of the diocese in which it lies, through being subject to the jurisdiction of the monarch or an archbishop.

Arsenios

Who do you think that was written to?

It was written to the followers of Christ in the first century, and passed on from them to you-ward...

Who is a peculiar people? Haven't we heard that elsewhere in the Bible ?

I was just wondering what this word 'peculiar' meant when it was written here to the first century Christians...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Deuteronomy 14:2 KJV - Deuteronomy 26:18 KJV -

Titus 2:14 KJV -

Christians are a peculiar people -

pe·cu·liar
pəˈkyo͞olyər/Submit
adjective
strange or odd; unusual.
"his accent was a peculiar mixture of Cockney and Irish"
synonyms: strange, unusual, odd, funny, curious, bizarre, weird, queer, unexpected, unfamiliar, abnormal, atypical, anomalous, out of the ordinary; More
belonging exclusively to.
"the air hung with an antiseptic aroma peculiar to hospitals"
synonyms: characteristic of, typical of, representative of, indicative of, suggestive of, exclusive to, unique to
"mannerisms peculiar to the islanders"
nounBRITISH
a parish or church exempt from the jurisdiction of the diocese in which it lies, through being subject to the jurisdiction of the monarch or an archbishop.

OK - So what traits of specifically Christian peoples would make them odd, unusual, weird, unique, etc...??

Arsenios

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where is Israel called the BoC?

Hos 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Mat 2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

LA

DAN P

So do you believe that Christians are not the Children of Israel, the Body of Christ, according to the Promise?

Do you think that Rev was written only for Jews?
Do you think it was written prior to 70AD?

Arsenios

Hi and Revelation is about the PURGING of all Jews in the Great Tribulation and all Jews who do NOT accept the #666 will be Kings and Priests to Christ in the Millennium and no Gentiles are accepted !!

In the end there are 2 groups left Israel , who are an Earthly Kingdom and the Body of Christ who are a Heavenly people !!

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber

But ye are
a chosen generation,
a Royal Priesthood,
an holy nation,
a peculiar people;

Arsenios
When God chose a priesthood, an holy nation in the past, they would be above all people.

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

So will be in the future for Israel,

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

but that is not the case for us as SaulToPaul already pointed out

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Those who pose as priests today are 2 Timothy 11:13-15 KJV!

musterion

When God chose a priesthood, an holy nation in the past, they would be above all people.

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

That's why all professing Christians who believe they are Israel are so arrogant. LA for example, tho there are many others here.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Christians have been chosen/called "out of darkness."

There is darkness today, so this applies today.

Priests offer sacrifices.

Priestly actions cleanse people.

Christians are in "His marvelous light;" "a Royal Priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people." We are peculiar because we are in "His marvelous light." Everybody else is in darkness.

But ye are
a chosen generation,
a Royal Priesthood,
an holy nation,
a peculiar people;

Arsenios

Arsenios

In the end there are 2 groups left

Israel,

who are an Earthly Kingdom
and

the Body of Christ

who are a Heavenly people !!

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them,
"Verily I say unto you,
That ye which have followed me,
in the regeneration
when the Son of man shall sit
in the throne of his glory,
ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones,
judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Are we to disregard all Christ said that was not to the Gentiles?

Or is the Kingdom of Heaven Christ's?

And is His Body those reborn into Him?

Arsenios