Theology Club: Not all Gentiles of Old circumcised

heir

TOL Subscriber
I don't believe all Gentiles of OT had to be circumcised . If they wanted to be partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree, yes, but not all Gentiles had to be circumcised. They were in the promise, they had a hope if they sought a blessing through Israel; blessed the seed of Abraham; blessed Israel.

Genesis 12:1-3 KJV Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Of the 2 examples of Gentiles in the so called NT, before the Body of Christ began in Acts 9, I see no circumcision required of these two (one was a woman) for a blessing, but rather them going through the proper channels of recognizing their place and/or blessing Israel.

Luke 7:1-2 KJV Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum. 2 And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

proper channel:

Luke 7:3 KJV And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

Why would this Gentile's request even be heard? Was it because he was circumcised? NO!

Luke 7:4-5 KJV And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:5 For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

And the Gentile woman?

Mark 7:25-27 KJV For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet: 26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter. 27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.

She recognized Him as Lord and understood her position

Mark 7:28 KJV And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.

Even Cornelius (not in the Body either), was a blesser. Just look at the description of him.

Acts 10:1-2 KJV There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, 2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

You couldn't say that about Gentiles like us. There is no Israel to bless today. There is no Israel to align ourselves with which to be blessed. And even if there were, here was our condition in time past Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV. We had no hope in time past. Well, that is unless God had a mystery concerning us...

SaulToPaul 2

You couldn't say that about Gentiles like us. There is no Israel to bless today. There is no Israel to align ourselves with which to be blessed. And even if there were, here was our condition in time past Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV. We had no hope in time past. Well, that is unless God had a mystery concerning us...

:up: