Theology Club: the first and second sending of Paul

Danoh

Classic Danoh.

You should give us the 'Danoh Bible" so that we can study properly.

Hah, you wanted a short answer; you got one.

Only to victimize yourself into allowing yourself to conclude so much from so little once more :chuckle:

Lol, the Almost 28ers reveal their hand once more - that theirs is the same, surface level, first impression, reading into things of their close cousins, the 28ers, ha, ha, ha, and ha!

I highlighted the Almost so as not to throw heir off again; she's missed it each time :rotfl:

To quote precious Tambora "this is fun!"

Right Divider

Body part

Only to victimize yourself into allowing yourself to conclude so much from so little once more :chuckle:

Lol, the Almost 28ers reveal their hand once more - that theirs is the same, surface level, first impression, reading into things of their close cousins, the 28ers, ha, ha, ha, and ha!

I highlighted the Almost so as not to throw heir off again; she's missed it each time :rotfl:

To quote Dan Marino "You're a weird guy Ace".

heir

TOL Subscriber
But nah, it must be the mind readers are right; it must be that those who voice a different view fear persecution :rotfl:
Consider that you might be simply looking at that from what you concluded too soon about what others are actually talking about.

glorydaz

Thanks for that one, GD :)

But nah, it must be the mind readers are right; it must be that those who voice a different view fear persecution :rotfl:

Some sure need to get over themselves :chuckle:

Yep, some do, and sometimes I hear you admitting you do the same. Other times....like now, apparently, you can't see that you're doing the very thing you accuse them of doing. Go figure.

Now, I think your point to RD was in error. Those verses you cited don't even come close to saying the same thing. If that's your "short" answer, then I'd think you could do better than that. I read them backwards, forwards and upside down and could not see what you claim.

glorydaz

Actually, what Tam does is nothing like what you just did. Nice try, though. :chuckle:

Danoh

I wonder if they've ever considered that it wasn't until one of the last (if not the last) epistles Paul wrote where he told Timothy to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV! If this was just about rightly dividing God's word (as so many wrongly say), why didn't Paul say it in the beginning of his ministry?

Who says he didn't? Oh, that's right; you and yours, lol

Danoh

Actually, what Tam does is nothing like what you just did. Nice try, though. :chuckle:

Thanks, for that, I was beginning to worry I was perhaps seeking the comfort of just emulating others that I might be spared their persecution, lol

glorydaz

I think that you need to read that verse more closely.
Rom 16:25-27 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: (27) To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
To be fully established, we have to understand both prophecy and mystery.

Again, I think this is a very good point. Nothing to do with the gifts that I can see. In order to understand the obedience of faith, we must understand both ...prophecy and mystery. Thank you for sharing, Right Divider. It could also be why Paul wanted to establish those in Romans 1 by preaching the Gospel. They knew the prophecies...it was the mystery they were in need of....which Paul proceeded to elaborate on throughout Romans. Please feel free to correct me where I am wrong. :)

Danoh

:doh:

That's one of those back handed smacks. Not even cleverly hidden by the fake laugh. Just in case you wanted to know....

See, I've noted you guys have problems seeing distinctions between things that differ.

While I'm at it; what is it with you that yours can make all the backhanded remarks they make with not much from from you. But I am supposed to toll your/their line?

That was rhetorical question. I know its answer.

The best to you all the same, GD.

Danoh

What? Are you suddenly not my friend? I told you because your posts are where I saw both pride and "humor". I'm not here to police, only to comment on what I see.

Nope; I'm a friend to all on here; even when that is a one way street.

Yours has been less that than others have been.

heir

TOL Subscriber
See, I've noted you guys have problems seeing distinctions between things that differ.
Let's see who's having a problem seeing things that differ.

Were these Gentiles at one time different?

Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

heir

TOL Subscriber
How about "these things" and "those things", are they different?

Acts 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

glorydaz

Really? That seems to be the same complaint they have about you. Most times I can't see much difference between what you all are saying. I think I've said this before. So, maybe it's just people like me who have problems seeing distinctions. You guys....you and yours..... are always seeing distinctions. :doh:

While I'm at it; what is it with you that yours can make all the backhanded remarks they make with not much from from you. But I am supposed to toll your/their line?

That was rhetorical question. I know its answer.

The best to you all the same, GD.

Go ahead and make generalizations if it makes you feel better. I just responded to Heir in a way that caused you to thank me. If I don't say much to others it's because I don't see them trying to make a joke out of a backhanded smack. They seem to just say it out clear and to the point. In other words.....your comments are quite blatant and are very hard to miss.