Theology Club: SaulToPaul and His Nightmare Exegegesis

Jerry Shugart

First of all, I did not correctly spell "exegesis" so my apologies.

SaulToPaul is so confused that he actually thinks that Paul addressed these words to unsaved people:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).​

STP says that at the time Paul wrote these words to the church at Rome all those in the church were unsaved.

Somewhere down the line SaulToPaul's mind was derailed in regard to theology and he lost all touch with reality. He clings to the irrational idea that Paul would tell the unsaved that they are "joint-heirs with Christ" and they will be glorified together with Christ.

Not only that but there is more than one comrade of his on this forum who shares his view, proving that people like this will always be around:

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim.4:2-4).​

At this point I have concluded that all I can do to help these poor souls is to pray to the Lord to give them an understanding of the truth.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Oh gee, another post by Jerry about Bro. SaulToPaul. What a shocker from the stalker.

:angrymob:

The other threads you've opened about the same are not going so good for you, huh?

he's going for sensational tabloid style headlines, it's disgusting - :angrymob:

Jerry Shugart

Oh gee, another post by Jerry about Bro. SaulToPaul. What a shocker from the stalker.

Why would you call me a "stalker"? Do you have something against discussing controversial subjects?

Or do you think that there are some respected Christian commentators who teach like STP does when he says that those in the Roman church were not saved when Paul wrote his epistles to them?

Jerry Shugart

Gerry (with a G), how can we believe anything you say when you obviously can't read or spell -

Do you believe that those in the church at Rome were unsaved when Paul wrote his epistle to them?

Or are you going to decline to answer because you are ashamed of your answer?

Jerry Shugart

That sounds like a good plan. Turn it over to the LORD, and harass someone else.

Can I not hope to have a serious debate on this controversial subjects without being accused of harassing you?

Just look at all the posts on this thread and not one of them actually address the subject of this thread. And once again, you do not even attempt to defend your ideas.

Why is that?

Jerry Shugart

Nightmare On Jerry's Exegegesisis St.

So you agree with STP and his idea that those in the church at Rome were not saved when he wrote these words to them?:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe that those in the church at Rome were unsaved when Paul wrote his epistle to them?

Or are you going to decline to answer because you are ashamed of your answer?

anyone that believed that Jesus is the Christ and died for their sins on the cross, was buried and rose the third day, all according to the scriptures in the OT, they are saved. even if they only just believed.

Paul wanted them to know more about the gospel of our salvation; Paul desired to impart more to the churches in Rome

Romans 1:11-12 KJV -

bye Gerry

SaulToPaul 2

Once again,

Romans 15
19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

22 For which cause also I have been much hindered from coming to you.

23 But now having no more place in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come unto you;

24 Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be somewhat filled with your company.

25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.

26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

27 It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

28 When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain.

29 And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.

Jerry Shugart

anyone that believed that Jesus is the Christ and died for their sins on the cross, was buried and rose the third day, all according to the scriptures in the OT, they are saved. even if they only just believed.

Paul wanted them to know more about the gospel of our salvation; Paul desired to impart more to the churches in Rome

Romans 1:11-12 KJV -

According to STP none of those in the church at Rome had yet belived the gospelwhich brings salvation. Do you agree with him?

Danoh

First of all, I did not correctly spell "exegesis" so my apologies.

SaulToPaul is so confused that he actually thinks that Paul addressed these words to unsaved people:

STP says that at the time Paul wrote these words to the church at Rome all those in the church were unsaved.

Somewhere down the line SaulToPaul's mind was derailed in regard to theology and he lost all touch with reality. He clings to the irrational idea that Paul would tell the unsaved that they are "joint-heirs with Christ" and they will be glorified together with Christ.

Not only that but there is more than one comrade of his on this forum who shares his view, proving that people like this will always be around:

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim.4:2-4).​

At this point I have concluded that all I can do to help these poor souls is to pray to the Lord to give them an understanding of the truth.

There, fixed it for ya; made it nice an yellow.

Now, of Jerry can just get Jerry to get on and stay on Jerry about Jerry not doing what Jerry says there that Jerry (supposedly) realizes is all that Jerry can do.