Theology Club: SaulToPaul and His Nightmare Exegegesis

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have given those who agree with STP multiple chances to contribute their view.
No you haven't, Jerry.
You dictate to everyone what questions should be answered (which are only YOUR questions, by the way).

Then you have the arrogant gall to start a thread with a title putting down STP.
Not just this thread title, but 3 others as well.
There was no need whatsoever to start a thread with the titles as you did. The content in these 4 threads were already being discussed. You could have kept up with the discussion. But instead, you chose to make 4 more threads about the same thing, but titling them in a way that was a call out thread to STP personally.

That kind of behavior is not welcome in this forum, Jerry.

Jerry Shugart

No you haven't, Jerry.
You dictate to everyone what questions should be answered (which are only YOUR questions, by the way).

I started this thread and the subject of this thread cannot be intelligently discussed unless at some point the meaning of Romans 8:15-18 is actually addressed.

And no one, including you, has addressed that passage.

Romans 8:15-18 is the "elephant in the room," the obvious problem for STP and his comrades which no one wants to discuss.

Why are you unwilling to address those verses?

That kind of behavior is not welcome in this forum, Jerry.-

Maybe not welcome by you but I think that an honest discussion about anyone's belief is fair game.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I started this thread
You started this thread, with the title you did, as a put down to STP.
The subject was already being discussed in another thread. It just wasn't going in accordance with your canned script.

Danoh

The subject was already being discussed in another thread. It just wasn't going in accordance with your canned script.

Tam, Jerry is right. So let's discuss it - Jerry's way, of course.

Am I to understand that you assert that Jerry wants to dictate another's belief. Do you agree with me on this about Jerry?

Oh, so you do agree with me this about Jerry that Jerry does not want to discuss anything? That he just wants to dictate his way.

In other words, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that this is correct.

Thank you!

For seeing things in Jerry's own way about his own way.

How about that a Jerry like discussion all by myself.

Do you agree with me about that?

:rotfl:

Jerry Shugart

Tam, Jerry is right. So let's discuss it - Jerry's way, of course.

Of course you want to discuss the subject of this thread while ignoring the Scriptures which are an integral part of the subject of this thread.

That is why you refuse to say why anyone with an open mind would actually believe that Paul wrote these words to unsaved people:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).​

Your method of debating this subject is to say, "Just take our word for it because we know that the Apostle Paul would tell unsaved people that they are joint-heirs with Christ and that they will be glorified together."

Frankly, I do not think that will convince anyone! If that is the best you can do you might as well go back and continue to talk about all my shortcomings.

Jerry Shugart

If STP is right about what he asserts then how could this thread put him down in anyway?

I have had my name and beliefs as the subject of more than one thread and I have welcomed the chance to defend my ideas.

Why would STP be any different?

I think that you are just looking for excuses to explain why you will not answer whether or not the words at Romans 8:15-18 are written to the unsaved.

You never seem hesitant to express your opinion on just about anything so I cannot understand why you will not answer if Paul addressed the words found at Romans 8:15-18 to the unsaved or not!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
SaulToPaul is so confused that he actually thinks that Paul addressed these words to unsaved people:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).​
Where did STP say that?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If STP is right about what he asserts then how could this thread put him down in anyway?

I have had my name and beliefs as the subject of more than one thread and I have welcomed the chance to defend my ideas.

Why would STP be any different?

I think that you are just looking for excuses to explain why you will not answer whether or not the words at Romans 8:15-18 are written to the unsaved.

You never seem hesitant to express your opinion on just about anything so I cannot understand why you will not answer if Paul addressed the words found at Romans 8:15-18 to the unsaved or not!
I don't care how many other folks have made a thread calling you out in other forums.

I'm asking YOU if YOU actually think
SaulToPaul and His Nightmare Exegegesis is an appropriate title for THIS FORUM?
Do you?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
First of all, I did not correctly spell "exegesis" so my apologies.

SaulToPaul is so confused that he actually thinks that Paul addressed these words to unsaved people:

STP says that at the time Paul wrote these words to the church at Rome all those in the church were unsaved.

evidence? Link to where he did this?

Ive seen you make claims before that people said something they never said at ALL.

Jerry Shugart

Where did STP say that?

SaulToPaul said that at the time Paul wrote his epistle to the Romans those in that church were not saved and neither were they members of the Body of Christ.

Go to the thread titled "Acts 28 Teaching?" the go to page 4 and post #51.

I'm asking YOU if YOU actually think
SaulToPaul and His Nightmare Exegegesis is an appropriate title for THIS FORUM?
Do you?

Yes, I do.

Anyone who would insist that the following words were addressed to the unsaved needs to be called out using the harshest terms possible:

On this forum we read:

"Open rebuke is better than love carefully concealed."

I believe that as well.

What I can't understand is why you refuse to make your opinion known about whether or not Paul was writing to the unsaved at Romans 8:15-18.

Jerry Shugart

evidence? Link to where he did this?

SaulToPaul said that at the time Paul wrote his epistle to the Romans those in that church were not saved and neither were they members of the Body of Christ.

Do you agree with him?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

I can come to none other conclusion having read, and believed, chapter 1.

Doesnt look like he said what you claimed at all.

Jerry Shugart

Doesnt look like he said what you claimed at all.

I asked SaulToPaul the following question:

So according to your ideas the people who made up the church at Rome were not saved when Paul wrote his epistle to them and at that time they were not in the Body of Christ.

Is that right?

STP answered by saying:

I can come to none other conclusion having read, and believed, chapter 1.

If you will read the posts of STP on this thread you will see that he continued to insist that Paul's epistle to the church at Rome was addressed to the unsaved so he continued to insist that the following words were addressed to the unsaved:

Do you agree with SaulToPaul that these words were addressed to the unsaved?

SaulToPaul 2

That kind of behavior is not welcome in this forum, Jerry.

Jerry's threads do not bother me.

It just shows that some things I've said really got under his craw and he is desperate to discount them, so he can remain assured that he is right (always).

I've proposed many things that he cannot answer, so he continues to bulldog through his script with an intent to brow beat me into submission.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

It just shows that some things I've said really got under his craw and he is desperate to discount them, so he can remain assured that he is right (always).

I've proposed many things that he cannot answer, so he continues to bulldog through his script with an intent to brow beat me into submission.

you have a glass chin -

just kiddin' - i do

Danoh

Maybe I'm not paying him enough? :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

just admit it, he beat you down fair & square, he pummeled you. he handed you your butt and you had no recourse. i'll never forget this moment - (you know i'm kiddin' STP), but man did he whoop ya ! -

SaulToPaul 2

just admit it, he beat you down fair & square, he pummeled you. he handed you your butt and you had no recourse. i'll never forget this moment - (you know i'm kiddin' STP), but man did he whoop ya ! -

Yes, I have been pummeled.

But he must have felt threatened to have started so many threads about me. I took my shot at the title against the only living member of the holy trinity of Original MAD, the great Jerry Shugart... only to fall woefully short.

SaulToPaul 2

I hope I will live long enough to see the images of Andersen, O'Hair, and Shugart carved into a great mountain. Mount MADmore, if you will...