Theology Club: The Lord's supper and 1 Corinthians 11

themuzicman

A MAD view in favor of the Lord's Supper much like my own:

http://graceambassadors.com/tradition/how-we-eat-the-lords-supper

LOL... your link COMPLETELY IGNORES Paul's statement that the cup is the cup "of the New Covenant."

25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

So, on the fundamental issue of whether this is the cup of the NEW COVENANT, your link fails.

Danoh

So, do you want to address the fact that Paul refers to the cup they drink from as being "of the New Covenant"?

Romans 15:

27. It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

I have no problem with the Body's pausing to remember the shed Blood and broken Body (the Lord's) by which Israel's New Covenant promise: the same Spirit we have been made partaker's of; was paid for.

In this, "do this in remembrance of Me" would also involve not allowing oneself to have a problem with those who see that differently.

"Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind" Rom. 14:5, as to this issue, would also be "do this in remembrance of Me."

Would also be... discerning the Lord's Body...

glorydaz

Romans 15:

27. It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

I have no problem with the Body's pausing to remember the shed Blood and broken Body (the Lord's) by which Israel's New Covenant promise: the same Spirit we have been made partaker's of; was paid for.

In this, "do this in remembrance of Me" would also involve not allowing oneself to have a problem with those who see that differently.

"Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind" Rom. 14:5, as to this issue, would also be "do this in remembrance of Me."

That's the way I see it. Just as I have no problem if someone wants to be water baptized. We do have liberty in Christ Jesus, after all.

themuzicman

Romans 15:

Um... the "spiritual things" the Gentiles have partaken are in the New Covenant. There aren't any other "spiritual things" Israel partakes in.

Paul is telling us that Gentiles are partaking in the New Covenant, just like he does in Romans 9:22-24.

Last edited: