Theology Club: Grace Revealed - From Grace Ambassadors Ministry Update -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Patrick, why didn't you answer my question?

Do you believe that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved until they believed and did works?

In other words, do you agree with this that is said on the Grace Ambassadors website concerning salvation under the law?:

"Salvation and the law; justification by faith in Jesus as the Messiah accompanied by necessary works."

i highlighted the only thing that matters. belief or unbelief - consider this question answered and don't ever say i didn't answer it. that's your MO. then you follow with a question. state your views/beliefs and stop seeking agreement to dumb/trick questions - :patrol:

Jerry Shugart

i highlighted the only thing that matters. belief or unbelief - consider this question answered and don't ever say i didn't answer it. that's your MO. then you follow with a question. state your views/beliefs and stop seeking agreement to dumb/trick questions -

Then you must think that this from the Grace Ambassadors site is in error:

"Salvation and the law; justification by faith in Jesus as the Messiah accompanied by necessary works."

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

prove it -

From what you said earlier I can only conclude that you think that the Jews who lived under thelaw to be saved was "faith" and faith alone. Here is what you said:

i highlighted the only thing that matters. belief or unbelief - consider this question answered and don't ever say i didn't answer it. that's your MO. then you follow with a question. state your views/beliefs and stop seeking agreement to dumb/trick questions -

Since you say that the only thing that matters is "belief or unbelief" then you obviously do not believe that it took faith and works, as the Grace Ambassadors folks teach:

Since you say that the ONLY thing that matter is belief or unbelief then common sense dictates that you do not believe that the Jews who lived under the law were saved when they believed and then did works.

You can't have it both ways.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
From what you said earlier I can only conclude that you think that the Jews who lived under thelaw to be saved was "faith" and faith alone. Here is what you said:

Since you say that the only thing that matters is "belief or unbelief" then you obviously do not believe that it took faith and works, as the Grace Ambassadors folks teach:

Since you say that the ONLY thing that matter is belief or unbelief then common sense dictates that you do not believe that the Jews who lived under the law were saved when they believed and then did works.

You can't have it both ways.

prove that Grace Ambassadors teaches Faith AND works for salvation. you lied, stop it -

BESIDES, I SAID AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD THAT THESE ARE NOT NECESSARILY MY VIEWS, I ALSO REPEATED THAT AGAIN IN THE THREAD THAT I STARTED ABOUT GRACE AMABASSADORS. it's not my writing or assertments -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
GRACE AMBASSADORS MINISTRY UPDATE
by Justin Johnson

August 29th, 2015
Changing Your Mind

Repentance is a change of mind.

It often follows feelings of guilt or regret over being or doing wrong. Changing your mind when you are wrong is good.

The book of Romans is intended to change your mind. It begins by explaining how our minds became reprobate (Rom 1:28), and ends with a renewed mind (Rom 12:2), fully persuaded (Rom 14:5), that is like-minded in giving glory to God (Rom 15:5-6).

Repentance, being a change of mind, does not include any sort of work from you. It is a result of hearing the word of God, and letting it work in you. When a soul hears the word of God, it repents.

Romans 1-3 changes your mind about sin, and the need for salvation.

Romans 3-5 changes your mind about salvation, and God's righteousness in Christ.

Romans 5-8 changes your mind about who you are in Christ, and how to walk therein.

There is not a single thing you do anywhere in Romans 1-8 that does not concern changing your mind. By the end of eight chapters you are saved, sure, sealed, and ready to serve and there has not been one meritorious work on your part for any of it.

Paul preached repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21). Repentance is not a work; it is not turning from your sins, confession, self-sacrifice, or living a good life. It is a change of mind.

You find Paul preaching this change of mind in all his epistles, but clearly in Romans 1-8.

For His glory,

Justin "Repent!" Johnson
Promise in Christ or in a Covenant?

How very different trusting the finished payment of Christ is from trusting a future promise. Christ and a covenant are different. Christ is a person who made a payment. A covenant is a promise that has not yet been provided. If the promise has been delivered, rip up the mortgage!

I, me, patrick jane didn't write this -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

September 5th, 2015
Ask Right Questions

"There is no such thing as a stupid question."

The person who truly believes this either has a high view of humanity, has never worked with children, or has a stupid question to ask.

Having asked, answered, and received many questions, I can tell you stupid questions exist. I've heard them. I've asked some.

The sentiment that everyone should ask questions is right on. Just last month this update encouraged asking questions, and allotting time for questions to be asked at church meetings.

But not every question is the right one. Not every question is equal. Not every question matters. Not every question has an answer, or is worth our time to answer.

How do we know what the right questions are? Now, that is a good question.

Sometimes people spout the oversimplification, "The Bible has all the answers."

Well, that's not true either. Thinking the Bible can answer every question would require God to answer a lot of stupid questions.

The Bible has the answers to the right questions - the most important questions.

This means if you want to know the right questions to ask, read the answers the Bible provides.

God provided what we need to know from him (not always what we want to know). The answers he provides to make the man of God perfect are answers to the most important questions.

If all of your questions about God and the Bible do not have clear answers in the Bible, perhaps you have been asking the wrong questions.

If you have questions, ask them. Questions help you learn. Sometimes what you learn is that you asked the wrong question. Try again.

If you want right answers, ask right questions.

For His glory,

Justin "are we there yet?" Johnson
Spiritual Discipline

Discipline is forming a habit to live by what you know. When you make the choice to operate based on what you know then you will succeed in this life. When what you know is Christ in you then, you will succeed in this life and the next.

Danoh

Good post...

You can often tell the intelligence of a person as much by the questions he or she does not ask, as by the ones he or she does.

And a great question might be "what might be a better question to ask?"

In the end, questions are... the answer.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
View attachment 20151

Five Words Better Than Tongue Speaking

Paul says to Corinthian believers that he would rather "speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue."

1 Corinthians 14:19 KJV -

while there is no place or purpose for the supernatural power of tongues any longer in this dispensation, there remains those who confuse the rest of us with their speaking in tongues. here is a list of five word phrases that Paul spoke that are more beneficial than tongue talk -

1. Just shall live by faith - Romans 1:17 KJV -
2. None righteous, no not one - Romans 3:10 KJV -
3. For there is no difference - Romans 3:22 KJV -
4. Justified freely by his grace - Romans 3:24 KJV -
5. Through faith in His blood - Romans 3:25 KJV -
6. At this time His righteousness - Romans 3:26 KJV -
7. Man is justified by faith - Romans 3:28 KJV -
8. Was delivered for our offences - Romans 4:25 KJV -
9. Raised again for our justification - Romans 4:25 KJV -
10. Therefore being justified by faith - Romans 5:1 KJV -
11. While we were yet sinners - Romans 5:8 KJV -
12. By one man sin entered - Romans 5:12 KJV -
13. Sin shall not have dominion - Romans 6:14 KJV -
14. Wages of sin is death - Romans 6:23 KJV -
15. The apostle of the Gentiles - Romans 11:13 KJV -
16. I magnify mine office Romans 11:13 KJV - (4 words ) *
17. Secret since the world began - Romans 16:25 KJV -
18. By grace ye are saved - Ephesians 2:8 KJV -
19.Christ died for our sins 1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV -
20. And that He was buried - 1 Corinthians 15:4 KJV -
21. And that He rose again - 1 Corinthians 15:4 KJV -
22. The third day according to the scriptures - 1 Corinthians 15:4 KJV (6 words) *

we could go on all day with 5 word phrases (some 4, some 6) LOL

all praise and glory to God -

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
View attachment 20153

Five Words Better Than Tongue Speaking

Paul says to Corinthian believers that he would rather "speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue."

1 Corinthians 14:19 KJV -

while there is no place or purpose for the supernatural power of tongues any longer in this dispensation, there remains those who confuse the rest of us with their speaking in tongues. here is a list of five word phrases that Paul spoke that are more beneficial than tongue talk -

1. Just shall live by faith - Romans 1:17 KJV -
2. None righteous, no not one - Romans 3:10 KJV -
3. For there is no difference - Romans 3:22 KJV -
4. Justified freely by his grace - Romans 3:24 KJV -
5. Through faith in His blood - Romans 3:25 KJV -
6. At this time His righteousness - Romans 3:26 KJV -
7. Man is justified by faith - Romans 3:28 KJV -
8. Was delivered for our offences - Romans 4:25 KJV -
9. Raised again for our justification - Romans 4:25 KJV -
10. Therefore being justified by faith - Romans 5:1 KJV -
11. While we were yet sinners - Romans 5:8 KJV -
12. By one man sin entered - Romans 5:12 KJV -
13. Sin shall not have dominion - Romans 6:14 KJV -
14. Wages of sin is death - Romans 6:23 KJV -
15. The apostle of the Gentiles - Romans 11:13 KJV -
16. I magnify mine office Romans 11:13 KJV - (4 words ) *
17. Secret since the world began - Romans 16:25 KJV -
18. By grace ye are saved - Ephesians 2:8 KJV -
19.Christ died for our sins 1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV -
20. And that He was buried - 1 Corinthians 15:4 KJV -
21. And that He rose again - 1 Corinthians 15:4 KJV -
22. The third day according to the scriptures - 1 Corinthians 15:4 KJV (6 words) *

there it is - 110 words we can understand and read -

Last edited:

Arsenios

It's obvious that Paul preached a different gospel.

He preached the Gospel of Grace...

Which IS the Gospel of Jesus Christ...

Which IS the Gospel of Christ Crucified...

Which IS the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven...

These Paul preached...

So did every other Apostle...

Arsenios

PS -

A Kingdom is a Nation where the King is obeyed...

The Kingdom of Heaven is the Christian Nation...

In it we are living in Christ in Spirit and Truth...

Even as our feet walk this fallen earth...

PPS

Paul forbade any preaching of a different Gospel...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So did every other Apostle...

Arsenios

PS -

Paul forbade any preaching of a different Gospel...

eventually every other apostle likely did. can you really say EVERY ? are you saying EVERY other apostle preached the same things as Paul simultaneously ?

and yes, i know what Paul said about preaching another gospel other than his -

Galatians 1:8 KJV and Galatians 1:9 KJV - Galatians 2:11-12 KJV and 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24 KJV -

2 Corinthians 11:4 KJV -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
update from grace ambassadors justin johnson weekly email to me

update from grace ambassadors justin johnson weekly email to me

September 12th, 2015
Read the Bible, Not the Blogs

When a third of the world dies, you won't need a blog to tell you.

When a third part of the trees are burned up, you won't need a blog to tell you (Rev 9:18).

When lightning shines from the east to the west, you won't need a blog to tell you (Matt 24:27).

When all of these prophecies are fulfilled, you won't be here if you are part of the church.

There is no reason to look for signs in the headlines. God has revealed the signs of his prophetic return in inspired scripture.

Neither the Wall Street Journal nor Youtube.com are inspired scripture.

When the Lord returns to Israel, people will know because all will see him, not because they read it first on a blog.

When the Lord returns for his church, none will see him, and only the saints will hear him. God will not sound his trump through Youtube.

News headlines and blog feeds do not tell you what God is doing.

Want to know what God is doing today? Read the Bible rightly divided instead of the internet blogs.

For His glory,

Justin "unsubscribe" Johnson

Is September the End of the World

Many are predicting the end of the world to begin in September. These folks are confused about the relationship between prophecy and mystery. The church is a heavenly body that was never given prophetic times and signs.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Grace Ambassadors via
Sep 19 (2 days ago)

to me PJ from:

September 19th, 2015
The Good Samaritan Gospel

"Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD. " - Leviticus 18:5

This perfectly describes the Lord's earthly ministry to Israel. He was the LORD, and he taught the law for life.

When a lawyer asked Jesus how to inherit eternal life, Jesus taught him the law of love toward God (Deut 6:5) and neighbor (Lev 19:18).

"And [Jesus] said unto him ... this do, and thou shalt live." - Luke 10:28

Jesus continued to give an example of loving your neighbor in an account of a beaten man ignored by a priest and a Levite, but helped by a Samaritan.

This account of the good Samaritan is one of the most popular passages in scripture. It was spoken while Christ was teaching eternal life through keeping the law.

That the good Samaritan is known more than Paul's conversion tells us that Christianity is oriented towards law keeping and not grace preaching.

The good Samaritan gospel is not the gospel of grace. Eternal life cannot come from keeping the law, it is a gift of God given by grace to sinners without the good deeds of the law (Rom 4:25; 6:23). This was yet a mystery in Luke 10 when Christ ministered to Israel.

The good Samaritan was an example of keeping the law to the circumcised audience in Israel (Rom 15:8).

Paul is the pattern set by Christ of a sinner saved by God's grace alone. Christ gave the dispensation of grace, and the mystery of this gospel first to Paul (Eph 3:1-2).

How do we get eternal life? Trust what Christ did on the cross for your salvation by grace, not what Christ taught Israel under the law.

For His glory,

Justin "not a Samaritan" Johnson
A Better Hope than Healing

While there are claims of healing miracles the truth remains that the majority of people that need a healing fail to get one. Is this God's only hope? Is this his best hope? Of course not. Learn the better hope than healing that God has revealed through our apostle.

Danoh

"How do we get eternal life? Trust what Christ did on the cross for your salvation by grace, not what Christ taught Israel under the law."

Nice!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

September 26th, 2015

People Who Cannot Read

Not everyone can read. Others cannot read well. For those who don't read they might as well not know how.

Paul exhorts us to study to show ourselves approved unto God, but for some, study seems impossible. They failed grade school, and never went to college. How can they possibly understand the Bible.

A Ph.D is not required for Bible comprehension.

Bible Christianity has always been a driving force for greater literacy and comprehension.

If they cannot read, use the Bible to teach them. Learning to read Romans 4:5 is much more important than seeing Spot run.

If they cannot comprehend or study, the church should be teaching these basic principles. Church should be a place that emphasizes Bible study, learning, literacy, and study.

Until they learn, provide the Bible on mp3 or on tape so they can recognize scripture. Encourage them to listen to Bible believing grace preachers.

We need preachers and teachers who are well read, and can rightly divide the word of truth, because some people depend on them, until they learn to read the Bible.

Illiteracy is exactly the reason why we should be sensitive to teachers who get doctrine wrong. A minor mistake left uncorrected can lead an illiterate mass astray.

For His glory,

Justin "sound it out" Johnson

Pope Jorge Comes to America

The nation was in a tizzy this week over a man speaking to Congress who thinks he can turn crackers into human flesh. The one thing that was missing from this religious man's speech was the one thing this country needs: the Lord Jesus Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

September 26th, 2015

People Who Cannot Read

Not everyone can read. Others cannot read well. For those who don't read they might as well not know how.

Paul exhorts us to study to show ourselves approved unto God, but for some, study seems impossible. They failed grade school, and never went to college. How can they possibly understand the Bible.

A Ph.D is not required for Bible comprehension.

Bible Christianity has always been a driving force for greater literacy and comprehension.

If they cannot read, use the Bible to teach them. Learning to read Romans 4:5 is much more important than seeing Spot run.

If they cannot comprehend or study, the church should be teaching these basic principles. Church should be a place that emphasizes Bible study, learning, literacy, and study.

Until they learn, provide the Bible on mp3 or on tape so they can recognize scripture. Encourage them to listen to Bible believing grace preachers.

We need preachers and teachers who are well read, and can rightly divide the word of truth, because some people depend on them, until they learn to read the Bible.

Illiteracy is exactly the reason why we should be sensitive to teachers who get doctrine wrong. A minor mistake left uncorrected can lead an illiterate mass astray.

For His glory,

Justin "sound it out" Johnson

Pope Jorge Comes to America

The nation was in a tizzy this week over a man speaking to Congress who thinks he can turn crackers into human flesh. The one thing that was missing from this religious man's speech was the one thing this country needs: the Lord Jesus Christ.

bump - cuz it's that good !!