Theology Club: Grace Revealed - From Grace Ambassadors Ministry Update -

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I can agree with nearly all of that except confessing daily. Confess to the God that knows our hearts and thoughts ? We sin without knowing, we can't possibly confess, we can be more aware.

That's the benefit of grace living, when we confess our sin we aren't telling God what we did, we are rather, agreeing with God calling it sin and when we confess those sins we are aware of He promises to cleanse us from all unrighteousness from the sins we forget about every day.

We are commanded in the law of Christ to not go to bed before we have forgiven others. That's why grosnik has insomnia.

We live in grace by giving grace by forgiving others each day and by confession to God our daily living is led by the Spirit.

Right Divider

Body part
Obviously your opinion is based on your logic and not scripture.
How come David was under grace while living in the dispensation of the Law?

Why did Adam receive grace before Paul?
So I guess that a "dictionary theology" is all that we need, eh?

David was "under grace"? Really? So he was under law and under grace?

When speaking about Israel, Paul said this:
Rom 11:5-7 KJV Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. (6) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. (7) What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Just because some find grace with God does NOT mean the same thing as "not under the law, but under grace".
Rom 6:14-15 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
So I guess that a "dictionary theology" is all that we need, eh?

David was "under grace"? Really? So he was under law and under grace?

When speaking about Israel, Paul said this:
Rom 11:5-7 KJV Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. (6) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. (7) What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Just because some find grace with God does NOT mean the same thing as "not under the law, but under grace".
Rom 6:14-15 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Are you antinomian?

I'm under the law of Christ and in the grace of Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's the benefit of grace living, when we confess our sin we aren't telling God what we did, we are rather, agreeing with God calling it sin and when we confess those sins we are aware of He promises to cleanse us from all unrighteousness from the sins we forget about every day.

We are commanded in the law of Christ to not go to bed before we have forgiven others. That's why grosnik has insomnia.

We live in grace by giving grace by forgiving others each day and by confession to God our daily living is led by the Spirit.

I'm not being silent - you have a sporadic schedule; pell mell.

but you're exactly right - led by the Spirit -

Romans 8:26 KJV - Romans 8:27 KJV -

Arsenios

How come David was under grace
while living in the dispensation of the Law?

Why did Adam receive grace before Paul?

God said: "I will have Mercy on whomsoever I WILL have mercy."

The Mercy of God is Grace...

The difference between David and Paul is not a matter of the presence or absence of Grace in either of them...

Paul was Baptized into Christ (by Ananias)...

David was not...

Both had the Holy Spirit, David perhaps more than Paul...

Yet Christ said that the least in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than the greatest of the Prophets...

The difference is not a matter of how much of God they carried within them...

Arsenios

Arsenios

We are commanded in the law of Christ
to not go to bed before we have forgiven others.
That's why grosnik has insomnia.

That has got to be the funniest indictment of gm ever!

Let me guess, IJ...

You are part Cherokee??

Arsenios

JonahofAkron

Of course, not.

"Not under the law, but under grace" does not mean "anything goes".

That was EXACTLY the charge that they tried to lay on Paul.
Romans 6:15
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
That's good.

Agreed. Nicely put.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
GRACE AMBASSADORS MINISTRY UPDATE

November 7th, 2015
The Greatest Division in the Bible

Everyone divides the Bible.

No honest student of the scripture, taking it literally, thinks all of the Bible is for their participation. The important issue, then, is right division.

The most common division in scripture is between the old and new testaments. It is right to divide the old and new covenants given to Israel, but this is not the greatest division.

The most important division in the Bible is between what God said he would do through the prophets since the world began, and what God is now doing described in the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began.

If you want to see this division clearly start by comparing Acts 3:21 and Romans 16:25.

Peter preached in Acts 3:21 what "God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began."

Later, Paul preached in Romans 16:25 that "which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest..."

This is why it is right to divide Peter from Paul: they taught something different. Even if it is hard to see all that they taught differently, we know that they taught something different about what God was doing.

Rightly dividing prophecy from mystery will eventually make the gospel, doctrine, pattern, walk, identity, and ministry of the church abundantly clear for you.

If you are new to right division and are overwhelmed, then start here.

See this difference between prophecy and mystery, and watch your spiritual understanding grow (Eph 3:9-10).

For His glory,

Justin "make all men see" Johnson
Written in Their Hearts

Does this new covenant get fulfilled in the church in 2 Corinthians 3:3-6? Do the Gentiles saved according to the revelation of the mystery partake of the prophesied covenant in Jeremiah 31? We think not. It was the same Spirit writing a different thing.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

November 21st, 2015
Perfect Preservation

God promised to perfectly preserve his words.

"God promised to" - This speaks to God's obligation and integrity. God will do it by His power and through His agency.

"perfectly" - Speaks to the accuracy of the process. Meaning is conveyed with words. Changing words and letters can change the meaning. To preserve meaning requires the very words be preserved complete and without error.

"preserve his words" - This means the words that were inspired by God will be kept throughout time.

Where do we find such a promise in the Bible? Consider what Jesus said...

Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
- Matthew 5:18 KJV

"God promised to" - Jesus was God.

"perfectly" - He promised not one jot nor one tittle would pass.

"preserve his words" - At the time of Jesus' earthly ministry the law had been preserved for 1500 years already. By saying "till heaven and earth pass" and "till all be fulfilled" he verified both the past and future preservation of the law.

Before comparing Bible translations, first we must agree that God promised to perfectly preserve his words.

If you get stuck at God preserving his words through translation stop and consider what a jot and tittle are and you will find he already has.

God's promise to perfectly preserve his words means we can believe every word of the Bible in our hands today to the praise and glory of God.

The Bible in my hands is a King James Bible. What are you holding?

For His glory,

Justin "God's words in my hand" Johnson
The Author of Confusion

We've all been confused by things, and in the Bible God purposely confounds some people. So, then why does Paul say God is not the author of confusion? Learn the meaning of 1 Corinthians 14:33 KJV and how it was not God, but people in the church that confused when they did not heed Paul's instructions.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I forgot the Nov 14th update

November 14th, 2015
What Men Fail to See

Surely there was someone at sometime that knew what Christ told Paul.

Not according to what it says in Colossians 1:26 KJV

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints"

'Ages' is a word that refers to periods of time. (A dispensation is not a period of time Col 1:25 KJV

'Generations' is a word that refers to all the people in time.

Apparently, the mystery given to Paul was hidden from all time [ages] and all people [generations] since the world began Col 1:26 KJV

When men fail to see that Moses, David, Isaiah, and Peter did not know what was given by Christ to Paul, then confusion ensues by attributing to those godly men what they did not know.

Much of the confusion, denominational division, and Bible contradictions in Christianity result from a failure to see what was hid.

This is why the greatest commission God gives the church is through Paul to "make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God Eph 3:9 KJV.

For His glory,

Justin "Eph 3:9" Johnson
What is the Gift of God

It is the gift of God! But what is it? Is the gift of God faith? Learn what is the amazing gift of God, and why it is important to get it right.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

November 28th, 2015
The Churches of Family and Friends

We should love our family and our friends.

Does this mean we love them so much that we support their misbehavior, quietly endorse their doctrinal errors, and choose a church based on relationships?

Certainly this is a recipe for spiritual and doctrinal disaster.

We ought to love the Lord more than this.

We love our family and friends, does this mean we eat exactly how they eat? No, of course not.

We love our family and friends, does this mean we dress exactly like them? No.

We love our family and friends, but do we choose a doctor, career, college, or house simply because it is the same one they choose? Ridiculous.

Then why would we go to church simply because our friends and family are there? Church is not a family reunion.

Yet, this is the main reason why people excuse themselves for going to churches that teach error: their friends and family are there.

Whatever happened to our beloved Mother's advice about not jumping off a bridge just because your friends are doing it?

"If my family comes to my church, am I socially obligated to go to theirs in return?"

Of course not!

Just because your drunk uncle spends a sober dinner with your family, does that mean you are obligated to spend a night sloshed with him? Nonsense.

We love our family and friends. We should love them enough not to support their churches that teach doctrinal error.

In loving them this way we are speaking the truth in love (Eph 4:15), and loving the Lord more in the process.

Choose a church based on right doctrine and support it. This is how you communicate truth to your family and friends. Avoid their churches that teach error.

Love your family and friends without compromise and deceit.

For His glory,

Justin "family man" Johnson

Why Paul Named Hymenaeus and Destroyed His Ministry

If someone teaches doctrinal error is it acceptable to name them? If the Bible is our pattern then it is not only acceptable, but something that needs to happen more often. Learn why Paul named Hymenaeus and destroyed his ministry in his letter to Timothy.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

December 19th, 2015
Making Verse Lists

Teaching your kids to make a list of things they want for Christmas is not helpful.

Teaching them and yourself to make a list of verses is one of the greatest things you can do to help understand the Bible.

Drawing connections between different passages in scripture is where you take Bible study to another level.

1. Start with a question or topic.
2. Write it at the top of a paper or computer file.
3. Read through Paul's epistles with this topic in mind.
4. Record every verse that speaks directly or indirectly to the topic.

This will give you a synopsis of what Paul says about it. Perhaps start with making a verse list about the mystery, or Paul's unique message.

You will be surprised by the number of verses that talk about it.

Keeping these lists as you read through the Bible will help you formulate what the Bible says about a number of things.

Once your list grows, make sure you rightly divide the prophetic passages from the mystery passages.

For His glory,

Justin "making a list" Johnson

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

December 26th, 2015
Jesus and Paul

When trying to communicate the Bible rightly divided a frequent obstacle for people is recognizing that Jesus and Paul taught different things.

This immediately communicates their unfamiliarity with the Biblical material. Mid-Acts dispensationalists are not alone in acknowledging these significant differences.

Christian theologians have been trying to reconcile the teachings of Jesus and Paul for quite a long time. The dilemma is ignored by many Christians, perhaps, because they are unfamiliar with the Bible.

Oxford theologian David Wenham said about the ongoing issue:

"It is taken for granted by many Christians that Jesus and Paul preached essentially the same gospel. However, it does not take a very sharp mind to observe that there are, on the surface at least, quite significant differences between Jesus and Paul."

Wenham is not a mid-Acts dispensationalist, but his is a common assessment from those who simply acknowledge the Biblical facts.

Academic opinion is not our final authority, but we learn a few things from this:

1. Everyone must deal with the same Biblical data.
2. Dealing with it first requires familiarity with it.
2. A Bible believing mid-Acts Pauline dispensational perspective answers problems that are left unanswered by academia.

Before you can show someone how to rightly divide you will have to educate them on the ongoing Biblical dilemma of Jesus and Paul.

For His glory,

Justin "solving age old problems" Johnson

Stephen, Zechariah, and Israel's Fall

Stephen's message was a prophetic message that echoed prophets before him since the world began (Acts 3:21). His stoning should remind us of the message, rejection, and stoning of Zechariah in 2 Chronicles.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

January 2nd, 2016
100 Years Missing Right Division

The Complete Bible Commentary by George Williams has been recommended and endorsed by men such as Billy Graham for nearly a century.

Neither Graham nor Williams are mid-Acts dispensationalists, nor am I an evangelical, but in William's notes on Acts 2 he writes:

"The popular belief that this chapter records the birth of the church revealed to the apostle Paul is erroneous."

His commentary became more popular after his death, but his true statements about Acts and the Pauline church were ignored precipitating the rise of Pentecostal charismaticism in almost every denomination.

We do not follow men, nor the flow of popular ideas, but the scriptural teaching of the mystery of Christ revealed first to Paul is not new.

It was in black and white on pastor's library shelves, but has been missed for a hundred years.

Williams was was right about Pentecost not being the birthday of the church. The church of today is not found anywhere before Paul. Believe me, I've looked, and so should you.

For nearly five months, our church has been looking for the mystery church in the early chapters of the Acts of the Apostles. It was not there. This fact should not be missed. It leads to mid-Acts Pauline dispensationalism.

Listen to our verse by verse lessons through Acts 1-8 here, and learn from the mistakes of popular Bible teachers for hundred years.

For His glory,

Justin "learning from the past" Johnson

Paul's Stewardship of the Mysteries

Paul talks about the Lord Jesus Christ more than any other writer of scripture. He also mentions the “mystery” more than any other. This is because he was a faithful steward of the mystery of Christ. We are all stewards of that which was given to Paul.

Danoh

A thought...

Hand in hand with all the study into what began where or what have you, that each is responsible to, there is the equal responsibility of the need to study out how to grow in grace such that where differences in understandings arise, there is ever a willingness to explore them, even if on our own, absent of animosity not only towards those one differs with, but when theirs is animosity toward us.

Some of the Pastors appear to get that into their own studies. Some do not. Likewise within the ranks of some of their respective followers.

What is the point of all "this Mystery truth" if is then turned by its subscriber into a means of persecuting those who do not yet see what we supposedly do?

The point of the Mystery is manifesting the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

Our pattern in this?

Romans 5's:

7. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

That is to be our pattern when we find others do not see eye to ey with us.

To remember that "when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly" v. 6.

You see, we don't need for others to abide by our standard of acceptance in order for us to be happy.

Nor do we need for them to say things to us in just the right soft voice, or what have you.

All we each need is to ask 'okay, I don't like this. Still, the Scripture teaches me what I am to be instructed in as to how to handle this or that that has just been thrown my way (or that I have perceived as such). Let me see, what does the Scripture say....

Okay, here's something - in' Philippians 4:

11. Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
12. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

'That's it; that is what I will do - these things here in this passage. I can do those things - through Christ which strengtheneth me.'

Then, whether the other person does likewise or not, it matters not.

Because Christ is not only all but is then actually all where He is, wants to be, and can be - "in you that believe" in Him.

Doing this, we find ourselves in Romans 8: 28.

"... we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

We find that the nonsense of another, as well as when the nonsense is actually our own mis-perception - we find that all things - both what we encounter and how we choose to look at it, can now work together for good if we'll just exercise our will and decide to follow the Spirit's take on things as laid out by Him in His Word - we find they can work together for good.

That is to say, they work together, both the problem and our Word based focus, to conform us just a bit more to the image of the Son, just as God had pre-destinated would be the case, through this very process in the child of God who decides to walk by its same rule.

29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Think of it. What if sometimes unavoidable differences and their animosities could be turned into a means of in-ward man revival?

What if our response during such uncomfortable moments was 'thanks for that; I can apply the doctrine to it and by that allow the Spirit to conform me just a bit more through His Word, to the image of the Son!"

Its no wonder Paul often related his having been able to rejoice in tribulations of all sorts.

He had determined to view it all as a chisel woodworking his in-ward man through the Word to conform him that much more to the image of the Son.

Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 4 come to mind:

13. We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
14. Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
15. For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
16. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18. While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
2 Corinthians 4:16 KJV - Yes, the in-ward man is renewed everyday even as the outward man perishes.

Philippians 4:11 KJV - When I began to be content about my life, my study, my abilities and my future and past, I became at peace with myself and my relationship with God. Good post Danoooh

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

January 9th, 2016
Keep Your Doctrine Sound

Owning a house is an important responsibility. Just as important is regular maintenance to make sure the structure is sound.

Paul is the only one in the Bible that speaks about "sound doctrine" (1 Tim 1:10; 2 Tim 4:3; Titus 1:9; Titus 2:1).

It was important not only for Paul to communicate this doctrine, but for it to be maintained and tested. It must remain sound.

If any part of this message is corrupted or decayed then the teaching of salvation in the church would suffer and could be lost to decay.

Paul specifically calls elders to lead in this responsibility, because they have lived long enough to see what happens when doctrine starts to crack and the floors start to warp (Titus 2:2).

Knowing right doctrine is important. Just as important is periodically tapping the pillars, and checking the foundation, to make sure our doctrine is sound and secure.

Speak thou the things which become sound doctrine" - Titus 2:1

For His glory,

Justin "just checking" Johnson

A Response to Ryrie's Challenge

In his most popular book, Dr. Charles Ryrie, provides a challenge to Pauline dispensationalists, whom he calls “ultradispensationalists”. What a great opportunity from one of the most esteemed living dispensational theologians to consider the Biblical evidence for mid-Acts Pauline dispensational right division!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

January 16th, 2016
Start with the Most Important

You are studying the Bible on your own, right? Good.

Here is an exercise for you that are spiritual and have some experience in personal Bible study.

Make a list of the 50 most important things someone should learn from the Bible.

Make sure you prioritize. The list should include only the most important things (not necessarily the most fun, popular, or personal favorite). You may have to list more than 50 to find the most important.

Imagine you are making the list for someone who is a Biblical blank slate and you have the task of teaching them. Pretend, they only know what you tell them.

Get a paper and start writing, the first dozen or so will come easy.

Another dozen will come when you think about the things you have taken for granted. Consider important people, events, virtues, godly attributes, instructions, Christian fundamentals, etc.

The rest may take some thinking, but you know them, because you have been learning from the Bible right? Surely, you've learned 50 things, and can discern if they are the most important in the Bible.

The list will not be novel or revolutionary. Christians have been creating lists like this for centuries.

Once you are done, you have a list of Bible study topics you can teach once a week for a year to your family, friends, or in your new grace assembly.

Go back through your list, and write 3-5 things about each item that make it important. If it is truly important, this should be easy.

Now, you have lessons for up to five years in your group. By that point you will have added more to the list, or can go back and repeat some old lessons for new people.

While there is a time to cover the less important material, the majority of the teaching in the church should be on the most important things.

Your response toward controversial, popular, and confusing doctrines should always be: "where does this fit in or affect the items on the list of most important doctrines." If it does not, then your attention is better spent elsewhere.

We need more people teaching the most important things. This will ground more people in the basics of the Bible, prevent heresies, and produce stronger saints.

This practice is what missionaries, elders, pastors, and teachers do should do.

You should already know what is on my list through the content on my website. If you can't find something on the site, then it could be it is not on the list. I would love to see your list.

If you are struggling making the list, perhaps you need to do more personal Bible study, or consider our 2013 Ambassdors Seminar for some quick ideas:

The Most Important Things to Learn from the Bible

For His glory,

Justin "start at the top" Johnson
What is Missing from the Apostles' Creed

The earliest creed in historical Christianity is the Apostles' Creed, but there is something clearly missing: the gospel! Learn about where this creed comes from and why it is not complete.