Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hid From Them, By Them...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Danoh View Post
    Remember this one - she dusted him good, lol

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3LVthzm88g
    I never saw that one, but I know what it feels like to be a deer in the head lights when Jerry starts demanding I answer him. Things just fly right out of my brain. I spent at least 15 minutes trying to think of what it was Jerry was wanting from the verse in John 3. That we would be with the Lord on this earth like the Jews....that the Jews had to include works to be saved or to live on this earth later. He wants something very badly. Look how he asks the same question over and over again and no answer is good enough. That's kinda creepy.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Tambora View Post
      You can go all the way back to the beginning.

      Adam was naked both before and after he ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
      But he wasn't ashamed of it until he knew good and evil.
      There was no need to cover him before.

      One could consider that avoiding the tree of knowledge of good and evil was the first law.
      When there was no law, Adam needn't be covered, because where there is no law, sin is not imputed.
      Romans 5 KJV
      (13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.


      Just a thought.
      It's nice not to have to worry about sin. Sin becomes an obsession for some people....especially the "sins" others must be committing.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
        It's nice not to have to worry about sin. Sin becomes an obsession for some people....especially the "sins" others must be committing.
        Yeah, a friend of mine has just "gone on a 30 day fast, to get closer to God."

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Danoh View Post
          Yeah, a friend of mine has just "gone on a 30 day fast, to get closer to God."
          How many miles per day?


          We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
          They already know monsters exist.
          We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Danoh View Post
            Yeah, a friend of mine has just "gone on a 30 day fast, to get closer to God."
            a true fast ?

            or one of those new fangled fasts ?

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
              It's nice not to have to worry about sin. Sin becomes an obsession for some people....especially the "sins" others must be committing.
              true, focusing on sins leads to bitterness, comparing, judging and more sin -

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                I never saw that one, but I know what it feels like to be a deer in the head lights when Jerry starts demanding I answer him. Things just fly right out of my brain. I spent at least 15 minutes trying to think of what it was Jerry was wanting from the verse in John 3. That we would be with the Lord on this earth like the Jews....that the Jews had to include works to be saved or to live on this earth later. He wants something very badly. Look how he asks the same question over and over again and no answer is good enough. That's kinda creepy.
                i know what he wants and i tend to agree -

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                  Poor Jerry.

                  1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

                  1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; ...

                  Galatians 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
                  I take that you are answering "no" to the following question:
                  Have you sinned since you became saved?

                  Do you think that it is impossible for Christians to sin?

                  I never saw that one, but I know what it feels like to be a deer in the head lights when Jerry starts demanding I answer him. Things just fly right out of my brain. I spent at least 15 minutes trying to think of what it was Jerry was wanting from the verse in John 3.
                  All you have to do is to give your interpretation of the meaning of John 3:16.

                  I spent at least 15 minutes trying to think of what it was Jerry was wanting from the verse in John 3. That we would be with the Lord on this earth like the Jews....that the Jews had to include works to be saved or to live on this earth later. He wants something very badly. Look how he asks the same question over and over again and no answer is good enough. That's kinda creepy.
                  I just want your opinion on the meaning of those words at John 3:16. What is creepy about that?

                  Are you ready now to give your interpretation of the meaning of that verse? If not, just say "no." I don't want you to feel pressured.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                    i know what he wants and i tend to agree -
                    What do you think that I want, Patrick?

                    true, focusing on sins leads to bitterness, comparing, judging and more sin -
                    Don't you think that when we do sin we should acknowledge that sin and judge ourselves?:
                    "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world" (1 Cor.11:31-32).

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                      I take that you are answering "no" to the following question:
                      Have you sinned since you became saved?

                      Do you think that it is impossible for Christians to sin?
                      I think it is impossible for those who are no longer under the law to be judged as sinners under the law. Shall we see how many ways I can say it before you believe me?



                      All you have to do is to give your interpretation of the meaning of John 3:16.



                      I just want your opinion on the meaning of those words at John 3:16. What is creepy about that?

                      Are you ready now to give your interpretation of the meaning of that verse? If not, just say "no." I don't want you to feel pressured.
                      But I do feel pressured, Jerry. It's why I said I didn't know. I've read your other posts....where you've argued with Heir and STP and Danoh. I didn't understand you then, and I don't understand you now. You are looking for something very specific in regards to the Jews, are you not? Will it be some kind of benefit to you to get me to say what those who are more knowledgeable than I am won't? Will your very next question be where will members of the body be spending their time in the afterlife? I'm thinking it will...which is why I think this is a trick question.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                        What do you think that I want, Patrick?



                        Don't you think that when we do sin we should acknowledge that sin and judge ourselves?:
                        "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world" (1 Cor.11:31-32).
                        Do you consider your faults or weaknesses to be sins?

                        If so, you must be reading that verse to say we must confess our sins in order to be forgiven. Is that the case?


                        Do you think judging is always tied to sinning? What about discernment? Seems like sin must be forgiven and chastening doesn't quite cut it in that instance. Way too Catholic for my taste. I'm curious why you would offer those verses....

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                          Do you consider your faults or weaknesses to be sins?

                          If so, you must be reading that verse to say we must confess our sins in order to be forgiven. Is that the case?
                          To judge ourselves is an acknowledgement or self-confess any sin which we might commit after we are saved. This confession is not in regard to salvation but instead in regard to 'fellowship."

                          Any sin which we commit in our walk breaks our fellowship with the Lord:
                          "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear" (Isa.59:2).

                          Again, this is just in regard to our walk. Here is how one has his sins forgiven in regard to salvation:
                          "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:43).

                          Therefore, the following is only for those already saved and not for the unsaved.
                          "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).

                          You would never tell an unbeliever that if they will just confess their sins then those sins will be forgiven:

                          In order for an unbeliever to have his sins forgiven he must believe the gospel. So, again, there words are addressed to those who are already saved.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Glorydaz, the following are some videos "critical to a sound understanding of who God has made you in His Son" - and why you cannot break fellowship with Him!

                            Enjoy, sis - you're in for a real feast of blessing!

                            The Grace Life

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=018l90DJ6rI

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySqrnsbNoV0

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgdNNHAWvYo

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU34V842HT4

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_J3hHFrKNM

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm3azAt5h34

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPq5zYsap9o

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                              Glorydaz, the following are some videos "critical to a sound understanding of who God has made you in His Son" - and why you cannot break fellowship with Him!

                              Enjoy, sis - you're in for a real feast of blessing!

                              The Grace Life

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=018l90DJ6rI

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySqrnsbNoV0

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgdNNHAWvYo

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU34V842HT4

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_J3hHFrKNM

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm3azAt5h34

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPq5zYsap9o
                              Ah, I only watched the first one and I absolutely agree with everything he said. In fact, it's very rare to see someone get Romans 7 right. The fact that people don't understand that believers do not sin and cannot sin is because they mis-read what Paul says in that chapter. Sin can only be partnered with the law...where the law is in effect.

                              I always liken it to having moved off the street into the "big house". When we lived on the streets, we lived in darkness under the rule of satan and were subject to the condemnation of the law. Then we are accepted in the Beloved, changed our place of residence, and are now sons. No longer criminals but sons. Chastened not condemned. Saints not sinners.

                              Thanks for sharing those tapes, I'll have to watch some more of them later. I was so pleased to see Romans chapter seven being preached on correctly.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                                To judge ourselves is an acknowledgement or self-confess any sin which we might commit after we are saved. This confession is not in regard to salvation but instead in regard to 'fellowship."

                                Any sin which we commit in our walk breaks our fellowship with the Lord:
                                "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear" (Isa.59:2).

                                Again, this is just in regard to our walk. Here is how one has his sins forgiven in regard to salvation:
                                "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:43).

                                Therefore, the following is only for those already saved and not for the unsaved.
                                "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).

                                You would never tell an unbeliever that if they will just confess their sins then those sins will be forgiven:

                                In order for an unbeliever to have his sins forgiven he must believe the gospel. So, again, there words are addressed to those who are already saved.
                                This post reminds me of our disagreement over 1 John 1. That chapter deals with when we first come into the light. We cannot deny we are sinners in need of salvation, because if we did, it would be impossible to believe the Gospel in the first place.

                                Sin belongs on the other side of the cross, Jerry. Don't bring it over to this side.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X