The Mystery of Christ

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Bump - i started this thread 4 months ago when i was new here, and online in general. i'm a little better with formatting and posting scripture. the OP is the type of Bible truths i sought here originally, it took a while to find the folks that rightly divide. i have "gone off" on several folks and issues, and i apologize to all. i know when i've been wrong (mostly) and right (rarely).One thing i want to be clear, I HAVE NOT LIED TO ANYONE ON TOL -

i have gotten some family and friends more interested in Christ, the Bible, and aware of TOL. any pics i post are intended lightly and i poke fun at myself also. we each have our own personality and something good to offer despite our flaws, so lighten up, and read Paul's epistles like it's your first time ever. God Bless ! ! ! -

:patrol: hey, that's great (simon told me to say that) - :rain:

Jerry Shugart

One Body of Christ, neither Jew nor gentile, new Rulership. we will rule with Christ in Heavenly Places.

Those in the Body will return to the earth when the Lord Jesus returns because from the time of the rapture on we will be with Him:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).​

Therefore, we in the Body of Christ will reign with Christ on the earth for a thousand years.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Those in the Body will return to the earth when the Lord Jesus returns because from the time of the rapture on we will be with Him:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).​

Therefore, we in the Body of Christ will reign with Christ on the earth for a thousand years.

Amen. I also set my mind after the 1000 year reign -

1 Thessalonians 1:10 KJV - 1 Thessalonians 3:13 KJV -

1 Thessalonians 4:14 KJV - 1 Thessalonians 4:15 KJV -

1 Thessalonians 4:16 KJV -

1 Thessalonians 4:17 KJV -

or

1 Thessalonians 4:15-16 NIV - 1 Thessalonians 4:17 NIV -

1 Thessalonians 5:10 KJV -

2 Thessalonians 2:8 KJV -

Colossians 3:1-2 KJV -

Colossians 3:3-4 KJV -

Revelation 20:4 KJV -

Revelation 20:5 KJV - Revelation 20:6-7 KJV -

Revelation 20:11 KJV -

Revelation 20:14-15 KJV -

we will be with God

2 Corinthians 12:2 KJV - 2 Corinthians 12:3 KJV - 2 Corinthians 12:4 KJV -

or

2 Corinthians 12:2-4 NIV

Hebrews 4:14 NIV - or - Hebrews 4:14 KJV -

Praise God ! ! ! All Glory to God! ! ! - i have grown in Christ and the Word of God since joining TOL and since starting this thread - much thanks to the Madists here and many many others -
:patrol:

Last edited:

Arsenios

I won't take your bait...

You don't know Jesus' love...

Your love is so worldly, not spiritual...

Your quoting of scriptures is so empty...

You have inspired me to write my new smash-hit best-seller personal autobiography, Meshak!

I even have a title for it:

"GOD IN MY MIRROR"

With the by-line:

"And NOT in yours!"

And the follow-up:

"ESPECIALLY NOT in yours..."

Would you like to write the intro for me?

Arsenios

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i'll start by saying, Paul recieved a new Gospel. don't freak out. it's only good news. God knew the Law could not be kept as told in Deuteronomy chapter 29. an early indication of mystery is Deut 29:29 KJV - Deut-31:14 KJV predicts rebellion. Leviticus chapter 26 speaks of reward and punishment for Israel.

1 Corinthians 4:1,2 KJV - - Matthew 13:11 KJV Collosians 2:2 KJV - ALL of the Old Testament prophets communed with God, dreams,visions, revelations, inspiration or instruction, but ALL was revealed through Paul.

Romans 11:11 KJV - Romans 11:25 KJV - Revelation 10:7 KJV -

Jesus repeatedly told Israel He Is the Messiah, He will leave, He will Return. They wanted an instant result. Jesus said there will be a delay. Galations 1:11-16 KJV - 1 Corinthians 2:2 KJV -2:7 KJV - now Ephesians. yummy. see, the Mystery is Jesus Christ, CONCERNING The Gospel. Paul asks only for Prayer - Ephesians 6:19 KJV - Ephesians 1-11 explains alot. Ephesians 1:9 KJV and 10, 11

to me, that makes us heirs. we need to understand Paul's teaching. Colossians 2:8 KJV and 9, 11 - Colossians 2:14 KJV - In whom we have redemption through His Blood, EVEN the forgiveness of sins. Colossians 1:15 KJV and 17 ( Paul is talking about Jesus, btw ). Colossians 1:25 KJV 26, 27, 28 -

Paul WARNS: - Romans 16:17 KJV -

1 Corinthians 13:2 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV -

see, BEFORE Jesus came to Paul on the road to Damascus, until the Cross, we were under the law (circumcision). Why Paul ? besides the fact that God chose Paul, he was an expert in Jewish law and faith, a perfect example of God's Grace and The Gospel of Grace. Paul was faithful, prayed, very intelligent and a great writer. a Leader. ask God why Paul. basically, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were written under the OT law. they are the Gospel of Jesus' earthly ministry mostly. i stress mostly, not exclusively. i do not discount any part of The Bible.

there are roughly 5 or 6 main points to this thread (1) Christ Is not OF Israel. (2) The Mystery of Christ is REVEALED to Paul. (3) The Gospel of Christ Crucified and The Cross is NEW at that time. (4) One Body of Christ, neither Jew nor gentile, new Rulership. we will rule with Christ in Heavenly Places. (5) the RICHES of being IN CHRIST - only when we begin to understand Acts thru Revelation, especially Paul's Epistles and teachings, we KNOW WHO WE ARE IN CHRIST ! !

thanks for your time, sorry for any typos and spelling errors. sorry it all runs 2gether, i don't know how to start paragraphs on here and many other tricks yet. i hope this helps at least one person start to know what to look for. i know nothing really. i kid around alot here, but this is what i believe and study. not ONLY mid-acts, but ALL of The Bible. not only"Paul's Gospel", but God's, through Jesus Christ GIVEN TO PAUL. ANY perceived or imagined "contradictions" in The Bible can be solved or UN-contradicted IF we Rightly Divide. God Bless All ! ! ! - :patrol:

I shortened this and cleaned it up a little. not bad for my first postings here, I've learned much more after that by studying MAD. This thread was started before I even knew what MAD was.

Danoh

I shortened this and cleaned it up a little. not bad for my first postings here, I've learned much more after that by studying MAD. This thread was started before I even knew what MAD was.

I commend you for continuing to think things through; its a life long process. Six months from now; a year; two years; you'll look at your above words from a much richer perspective.

One Grace Pastor once related to me it had taken him some seven years before he finally understood a particular passage he had basically moved on from, knowing full well, that when he'd accumulated the required understanding of other things, that passage would clear itself up.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I commend you for continuing to think things through; its a life long process. Six months from now; a year; two years; you'll look at your above words from a much richer perspective.

One Grace Pastor once related to me it had taken him some seven years before he finally understood a particular passage he had basically moved on from, knowing full well, that when he'd accumulated the required understanding of other things, that passage would clear itself up.

It is a lifelong endeavor. It takes time to fully understand the mysteries and Paul's epistles. I don't take it as serious as I could/should. Like that pastor understood that certain scriptures are fully apprehended and comprehended later, and we shouldn't frustrate the scriptures.

Galatians 2:21 KJV -

Arsenios

That is the right approach - Receive what you can, and patiently set aside what is not yet making sense. I have tons of what I call "back-burner" questions gently simmering away, most often long forgotten, which get answered and thereby remembered, as time passes and faith matures...

What I have found is that the way forward opens exponentially (so to speak), and the answers to unanswered questions from before end up pretty much relegated to the smallness of the niche from which they were posed at the previous time. iow No great benefit came from them being posed and set aside, but they were instead understood when the great Benefit came for other reasons...

eg Faith...

Not Q&A...

Plus time...

Yet Scripture tells us: Be ye asking, and ye shall be receiving...

So that maybe the asking was a part of process needed for faith to grow...

Arsenios

Last edited:

Danoh

That is the right approach - Receive what you can, and patiently set aside what is not yet making sense. I have tons of what I call "back-burner" questions gently simmering away, most often long forgotten, which get answered and thereby remembered, as time passes and faith matures...

What I have found is that the way forward opens exponentially (so to speak), and the answers to unanswered questions from before end up pretty much relegated to the smallness of the niche from which they were posed at the previous time. iow No great benefit came from them being posed and set aside, but they were instead understood when the great Benefit came for other reasons...

eg Faith...

Not Q&A...

Plus time...

Yet Scripture tells us: Be ye asking, and ye shall be receiving...

So that maybe the asking was a part of process needed for faith to grow...

Arsenios

You keep your nose in The Book and, on the one hand, the result is the more you know.

At the same time, on the other, the more you know, the more you find the less you know :chuckle:

But what it all boils down to, though, is that your continued intake, in turn; continually informs your intuition: your continually ever growing awareness of things in their relation to one another.

Have a question - say in this process long enough, to where your intuition eventually is sufficiently informed, and next thing you know you find yourself at a place to where your intuition has gotten around tu-it :)

Arsenios

You keep your nose in The Book and, on the one hand, the result is the more you know.

At the same time, on the other, the more you know, the more you find the less you know :chuckle:

But what it all boils down to, though, is that your continued intake, in turn; continually informs your intuition: your continually ever growing awareness of things in their relation to one another.

Have a question - say in this process long enough, to where your intuition eventually is sufficiently informed, and next thing you know you find yourself at a place to where your intuition has gotten around tu-it :)

My Brother:

May MY intuition...

NEVER...

Find a ROUND TU-IT...

The only point of any of it is union with God at more and more repentant stages of maturity in Christ...

Arsenios

Danoh

My Brother:

May MY intuition...

NEVER...

Find a ROUND TU-IT...

The only point of any of it is union with God at more and more repentant stages of maturity in Christ...

Arsenios

My intuition is that one of us may have missed the other's intended sense :)

glorydaz

My Brother:

May MY intuition...

NEVER...

Find a ROUND TU-IT...

Arsenios

Is this some more of that Hippie Voodoo?