Theology Club: All Men

Danoh

The Galatians were heirs according to the promise while the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter were strangers from the covenants of promise. Why you want to ignore the facts is on you, not me. 2 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV

The OP stands and unless you are going to address it, please refrain from posting in this thread.

Lol (I insist on laughing with you, sister), a major aspect of your OP's assertion is based on your understanding of Galatians 3 - how is my commenting on Gal. 3 not addressing your OP?

Again, I insist on laughing with you; there has been enough ugliness within MAD history over differences in understanding taken as personal affronts. We do not need to add more to that history.

We need to major in the major - Christ - in our dealings with one another - when we differ in the minor - understandings not critical in the overall scheme of things.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Lol (I insist on laughing with you, sister), a major aspect of your OP's assertion is based on your understanding of Galatians 3 - how is my commenting on Gal. 3 not addressing your OP?
Oh, those pesky things that differed between the Galatians Gentiles and the Ephesians "you Gentiles" to whom Paul wrote the letter that you refuse to acknowledge. We weren't the "whosoever among you feareth God" that were found in the synagogues of the Jews! To the Jew first and also to the Greek left you and me out until Paul made it known he would be sent to us (MUCH LATER) with the gospel of the grace of God/the beginning of the gospel!

It just shows to go ya...

I can make all men see what is the fellowhship of the mystery, but I can't make you believe it.

ta ta

Danoh

Oh, those pesky things that differed between the Galatians Gentiles and the Ephesians "you Gentiles" to whom Paul wrote the letter that you refuse to acknowledge. We weren't the "whosoever among you feareth God" that were found in the synagogues of the Jews! To the Jew first and also to the Greek left you and me out until Paul made it known he would be sent to us (MUCH LATER) with the gospel of the grace of God/the beginning of the gospel!

It just shows to go ya...

I can make all men see what is the fellowhship of the mystery, but I can't make you believe it.

ta ta

If that brings you laughter at my expense, I'll gladly glory in its seeming infirmity with you in the Lord :)

heir

TOL Subscriber
If that brings you laughter at my expense, I'll gladly glory in its seeming infirmity with you in the Lord :)
I'm neither laughing with you or at you. I think it's sad that things that are clearly different in the scriptures are being ignored by those who claim to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

Right Divider

Body part
I'm neither laughing with you or at you. I think it's sad that things that are clearly different in the scriptures are being ignored by those who claim to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. So many people want such "unity" in the scripture that the completely ignore any differences and see all similarities as being identical. It's just silly.

Danoh

Whether or not you were laughing with me or at me was not my point, rather; my decided attitude, as these differences in understanding are only important should the means by which they are arrived at begin to seriously impact the more critically important understandings.

As for your assertion that "things that are clearly different in the scriptures are being ignored," you might consider that, often, some things only appear "clearly" different, that only much time later down the road, brings out further distinctions showing they were not different at all.

Due to this ever the case learning curve, there are often tiny distinctions in between things that, when missed; lead one to conclude a difference between things that is not actually there, and visa versa.

Problem is, these things are not often able to be brought out to their needed extent between opposing sides via a snippet of information, say, from you or STP, or whomever on your side of the fence, followed by one from me, or some one else, and so on; instead they often require a longer study between the people involved on both sides of the fence.

And even that is no guarantee agreement will be reached. Fact of the matter is, there are MADists of both our persuasion in some assemblies who sit together in said same assembly who continue to hold a different understanding under the same roof. Some of them under the best and brightest within the entire MAD movement.

I'll end with this...

I still recall many years ago when I was thrown off by Acts 17's "searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

Sometime later, I happened to meet up with one of these profoundest of men, so I asked him 'what did Paul teach them that they were searching the Scriptures for verification?'

This individual simply said to me "Daniel 9."

Took me some time to get that distinction.... as I grew in various other distinctions that first needed to be in place.

It is often said that "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Such was my moment.

It struck me one day, while studying out some other issue, what that individual had based that Daniel 9 distinction on, and I found I'd come to it myself, simply through time in the Word, growing as a result of other distinctions that had first needed to be in place, that I might then see that one.

I have never forgotten that lesson. I differ with you and yours as a result of many, tiny, seemingly insignificant distinctions in these things over many years, and will continue to differ as a result of said distinctions so long as those distinctions are the case.

Likewise in some things on your end; I'm sure.

One thing I long ago learned from that is that things will fit in their own time and no sooner. To leave them be until the time in the Word needed towards that results, in it.

All in its time, Luke 24: 3-10; John 2: 15-17.

Right Divider

Body part
Whether or not you were laughing with me or at me was not my point, rather; my decided attitude, as these differences in understanding are only important should the means by which they are arrived at begin to seriously impact the more critically important understandings.

As for your assertion that "things that are clearly different in the scriptures are being ignored," you might consider that, often, some things only appear "clearly" different, that only much time later down the road, brings out further distinctions showing they were not different at all.

Due to this ever the case learning curve, there are often tiny distinctions in between things that, when missed; lead one to conclude a difference between things that is not actually there, and visa versa.

Problem is, these things are not often able to be brought out to their needed extent between opposing sides via a snippet of information, say, from you or STP, or whomever on your side of the fence, followed by one from me, or some one else, and so on; instead they often require a longer study between the people involved on both sides of the fence.

And even that is no guarantee agreement will be reached. Fact of the matter is, there are MADists of both our persuasion in some assemblies who sit together in said same assembly who continue to hold a different understanding under the same roof. Some of them under the best and brightest within the entire MAD movement.

I'll end with this...

I still recall many years ago when I was thrown off by Acts 17's "searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

Sometime later, I happened to meet up with one of these profoundest of men, so I asked him 'what did Paul teach them that they were searching the Scriptures for verification?'

This individual simply said to me "Daniel 9."

Took me some time to get that distinction.... as I grew in various other distinctions that first needed to be in place.

It is often said that "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Such was my moment.

It struck me one day, while studying out some other issue, what that individual had based that Daniel 9 distinction on, and I found I'd come to it myself, simply through time in the Word, growing as a result of other distinctions that had first needed to be in place, that I might then see that one.

I have never forgotten that lesson. I differ with you and yours as a result of many, tiny, seemingly insignificant distinctions in these things over many years, and will continue to differ as a result of said distinctions so long as those distinctions are the case.

Likewise in some things on your end; I'm sure.

One thing I long ago learned from that is that things will fit in their own time and no sooner. To leave them be until the time in the Word needed towards that results, in it.

All in its time, Luke 24: 3-10; John 2: 15-17.
No offense intended, but your posts have lots of words but never say anything. You always beat around the bush and never come out with a clear indication of what you're getting at.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I've said it before and I'll say it again. So many people want such "unity" in the scripture that the completely ignore any differences and see all similarities as being identical. It's just silly.
Agreed! It's amazing to me that where there are complete opposites someone will actually come back and say it's the same.

Danoh

No offense intended, but your posts have lots of words but never say anything. You always beat around the bush and never come out with a clear indication of what you're getting at.

Admittedly, it does appear that way, I know.

But its because I intentionally tend to focus on emphasizing both to myself and others the need to look at the thought processes behind the assertions we each hold to.

Something I read somewhere long ago that greatly impacted me in that regard.

Something someone noted along the line of - before one sits down to think a thing through, perhaps they might do well to first think on how they are going to think on it; examine the perspective from which they are going to be looking at things from, to begin with.

I tend to emphasize the need for that kind of a thing, as I have found it greatly liberating where freedom from reading into a thing is concerned.

Of course, if I left some other question unanswered, by all means; ask it - no offense taken (I'm too much of a learner for that).

And no offense intended :)

Right Divider

Body part
Admittedly, it does appear that way, I know.

But its because I intentionally tend to focus on emphasizing both to myself and others the need to look at the thought processes behind the assertions we each hold to.

Something I read somewhere long ago that greatly impacted me in that regard.
This is any example of why it's hard to understand you. That is an incomplete sentence.

Maybe you meant this: "I read something somewhere, long ago, that greatly impacted me in that regard."

Something someone noted along the line of - before one sits down to think a thing through, perhaps they might do well to first think on how they are going to think on it; examine the perspective from which they are going to be looking at things from, to begin with.

I tend to emphasize the need for that kind of a thing, as I have found it greatly liberating where freedom from reading into a thing is concerned.

Of course, if I left some other question unanswered, by all means; ask it - no offense taken (I'm too much of a learner for that).

And no offense intended :)
I guess that you think that we have not done these things, or do not do them.

That is incorrect. I have spend many years studying the scripture to get to where I am now. Most people who post here are completely illogical and confused. They cannot carry on an intelligent discussion about anything, let alone scripture. I'm not saying that is you, but you are difficult to understand because you ramble a lot and use incomplete sentences, run-on's, etc. etc. You tend to ramble and don't make clear statements.

Danoh

This is any example of why it's hard to understand you. That is an incomplete sentence.

Maybe you meant this: "I read something somewhere, long ago, that greatly impacted me in that regard."

I guess that you think that we have not done these things, or do not do them.

That is incorrect. I have spend many years studying the scripture to get to where I am now. Most people who post here are completely illogical and confused. They cannot carry on an intelligent discussion about anything, let alone scripture. I'm not saying that is you, but you are difficult to understand because you ramble a lot and use incomplete sentences, run-on's, etc. etc. You tend to ramble and don't make clear statements.

You're right.

Good ol ADD at its worst. On the one hand it has allowed me to see much that some of the best will not without much time at a thing, at the same time that it makes it practically impossible for me to share it ineligibly with others.

It is why I am not proud of where I look at things from, or all I see; because it is no accomplishment.

Rather, its a flaw in my neurology that is both a blessing and a curse.

Been this way all my life; the odd ball in the bunch.

Finally, I accepted it for its blessing.

No offense taken, none intended.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You're right.

Good ol ADD at its worst. On the one hand it has allowed me to see much that some of the best will not without much time at a thing, at the same time that it makes it practically impossible for me to share it ineligibly with others.

It is why I am not proud of where I look at things from, or all I see; because it is no accomplishment.

Rather, its a flaw in my neurology that is both a blessing and a curse.

Been this way all my life; the odd ball in the bunch.

Finally, I accepted it for its blessing.

No offense taken, none intended.
Please open up your own thread where you can talk about yourself freely for as long as you want.

Danoh

Please open up your own thread where you can talk about yourself freely for as long as you want.

That is all you saw in that once more, while allowing his misinformed conclusion. Boy are you and yours blind to yourselves :chuckle:

Hah - no wonder this forum is dead but for the Jerry Springer nonsense you and yours ever return to live for, while preaching liberty from same.

You guys are hilarious :rotfl:

Here, a bit of Acts 13:51 - think I'll do us both a favor and leave you and those who "click" with you in your same double standard to your self-importance :luigi:

heir

TOL Subscriber
You will not have the last word in this thread, Danoh, the word of God will.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

1 Timothy 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Some people would like to read verse 4 as if it says, "who will have men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.", but that's not what it says. Paul is emphasizing that God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Why? During the Acts period Paul was sent to the Jew first and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16 KJV), the "them which are called, both Jews and Greeks" (1 Corinthians 1:24 KJV). He was not sent to all men.

National Israel fell, but God did not cast away His people which He foreknew (Romans 11:1-2 KJV). There were some out of Israel that would believe (Romans 11:14 KJV); a remnant which God foreknew (Romans 11:5 KJV). The Jews still had the advantage (Romans 3:1-2 KJV). To provoke the Jews to jealousy, Paul was sent to "the Gentiles" (certain Gentiles Romans 11:11 KJV). Keep in mind that although Paul makes mention of Gentiles such as we in Romans (Romans 1:14 KJV), he had yet to let the cat out of the bag (2 Corinthians 12:1-6 KJV). He was not yet sent far hence (Acts 22:21 KJV) to Gentiles like you and me (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

The people to whom Paul was sent during this provoking ministry in Acts were in the commonwealth of Israel.. They were Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise (Genesis 12:3 KJV, Acts 13:26 KJV, Galatians 3:29 KJV). Paul preached the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) to them, which was before a mystery (Romans 16:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) as the power of God unto salvation.

After the remnant was gathered into the Body, Paul was sent to testify "in due time" (1 Timothy 2:6 KJV) the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 22:17-21 KJV, Acts 20:24 KJV, Acts 28:24-28 KJV). It's the same good news; that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day, but it was no longer to the Jew first and also to the Greek, nor was it "according to the scriptures" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It was to ALL MEN (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV), including the likes of people like you and me (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV)!

This revealed the fellowship of the mystery (Ephesians 3:9 KJV), that was previously hid in God, the mystery of the gospel concerning "you Gentiles" (Ephesians 3:6 KJV, Ephesians 6:19 KJV): that God's grace through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ would extend to far hence people like you and me (Acts 22:17-21 KJV, Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV) revealing the twain made one new man~the two groups in the one Body of Christ (Ephesians 1:12-13 KJV, Ephesians 2:13-17 KJV).

Praise the Lord!