Theology Club: Israel During the Millennium

notreligus

It occurs to me that there is a traditional belief of Dispensationals that might be a motivator to accept the Mid-Acts position and that is the fact that during the Millennium Israel will have temporal, non-glorified bodies.

Traditional Dispensationalism promotes the idea that Israel will be on the Earth in temporal bodies, while the Church will be on the Earth simultaneously but with glorified, eternal bodies. Speaking for myself that has always been something that I've been reluctant to accept.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Traditional Dispensationalism promotes the idea that Israel will be on the Earth in temporal bodies, while the Church will be on the Earth simultaneously but with glorified, eternal bodies. Speaking for myself that has always been something that I've been reluctant to accept.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Why not just accept what the Bible says on the issue?

15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
"
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

"The nations" is not Israel. "They" on the other hand....

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The coming of Christ in glory is not the end of the world but the end of the world age. The church will not be on earth but they are the ones who will reign with Christ for the 1,000 years the Jews will reign on earth...it is a new age, a GLORIOUS age, the gospel [which is now in mystery] will then be in manifest victory.

Paul teaches according to the wisdom given him
For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God
for the creation was subjected to futility not of it's own will but by the will of Him who subjected it in hope

[In hope of what?]

Because the creation itself will be SET FREE from it's bondage to decay and obtain the glorious liberty of the children of God.

We know [or at least one or two of us do] that the whole creation has been groaning in travail together until now

[somebody said well Paul means by this US the saints] but he continues

and not the creation only but we ourselves.

Now peeps God after all this groaning, all this travail is not going to set the creation at liberty...for just a few hours or a day...this is for a 1, 000 years.

Peter in his pentecost sermon says nothing at all about Christ coming to judge when He returns but he says Christ comes to restore ALL things...the judgement comes with the last resurrection after the 1, 000 years.

Paul teaches that in the age to come [the mill] heaven and earth are to be united in Him.

DAN P

It occurs to me that there is a traditional belief of Dispensationals that might be a motivator to accept the Mid-Acts position and that is the fact that during the Millennium Israel will have temporal, non-glorified bodies.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hi , and this is what I see at this point in time !!

#1 , Satan's goal has been to destroy Israel !!

#2 , I do not see where you get TEMPOREAL BODIES at ??

#3 , The book of the Revelation is all about the MESS that Israel is in and how God will save Israel !!

#4 , Rev 20:4 ,6 , the souls of those of Israel that refused to take the 666 , verse 6 , on such will not die again , on such the Second death hath no power and WILL KINGS and PRIESTS in the 1000 reign of Christ .

#5 , The ones with bodies that will die are those SHEEP NATIONS , Matt 25:34 who will enter the 1000 year reign of Christ are those that protected Israel in that Great Tribulation !

#6 , We see that after the 1000 years are done , Rev 20:7-9 , as Satan is loosed , he and those deceived by him are killed , in verse 9 !!

#7 , Then the GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT in Rev 20 :11 !!

And there are many explanations of Revelation and this is mine as there are many book written on this subject .

Another question for those that read this , " How are Gentiles saved in the Millenium "???

dan p

Nang

TOL Subscriber
While waiting for the return of Jesus Christ, believers would do well to emphasize and show prayerful concern for His church, rather than obsessing about national Israel.

Luke 18:8

Nang

DAN P

While waiting for the return of Jesus Christ, believers would do well to emphasize and show prayerful concern for His church, rather than obsessing about national Israel.

Luke 18:8

Nang

Hi , and that would be possible BUT ,Acts2 and Covenant theology confuse where the Body of Christ began , with Jews or Gentiles ;\

They bring in Water into Grace

They believe that Gentiles are an Olive Tree of Rom 11 !!

There we could be Branches in John 15:4-8 !!

They confuse Pauline Gospel the same as Peter Circumcision Gospel ??

dan p

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hi , and that would be possible BUT ,Acts2 and Covenant theology confuse where the Body of Christ began , with Jews or Gentiles ;\

There we could be Brandes in Matthew !!

dan p

I hold to Covenant Theology and deny the confusions to which you refer.

The Body of Christ is the church, which consists of both Jewish and Gentile believers. These are represented by the figurative teaching of the Olive Tree.

There has always been only one gospel of grace, and regeneration comes by the baptism of the Holy Spirit upon all kinds of people . . . not by water baptism.

If you have genuine and friendly questions regarding Covenant Theology, I would be happy to try to answer them.

Nang

DAN P

I hold to Covenant Theology and deny the confusions to which you refer.

The Body of Christ is the church, which consists of both Jewish and Gentile believers. These are represented by the figurative teaching of the Olive Tree.

There has always been only one gospel of grace, and regeneration comes by the baptism of the Holy Spirit upon all kinds of people . . . not by water baptism.

If you have genuine and friendly questions regarding Covenant Theology, I would be happy to try to answer them.

Nang

Hi , and then you have to believe in OSAS and then OSCL or ONCE SAVED CAN BE LOST ??

So , which is it ?

Do you have a DILEMMA ??

I guess that God can only save Part time , not big enough to save completely , or maybe has a Short Arm , maybe He is a Midget ??

Will you share , just How you were Saved ??

Come on , we want to know how , how God came into your Heart ??

DAN P

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hi , and then you have to believe in OSAS and then OSCL or ONCE SAVED CAN BE LOST ??

So , which is it ?

Do you have a DILEMMA ??

Those of the Covenant faith, believe that who God chooses to save, will remain saved, through the sanctifying preservation of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

This is called "Perseverance of the Saints" in the Reformed camp; which differs greatly from OSAS.

And no, there is no dilemma at all within this belief, founded upon the promises of God in the Holy Scriptures.

God promises to save His people unto EVERLASTING life . . . and nothing less than EVERLASTING life is the reward of faith in His promises.

Will you share , just How you were Saved ??

Come on , we want to know how , how God came into your Heart ??

DAN P

I was saved by being led by God to read the Holy Scriptures. I was an adult, who by nature and intellect, ridiculed the concept of deity, or any need of personal "salvation," but the Lord overruled and caused me to read His Word.

His Word, promised me His grace, and I miraculously believed what the bible revealed to me.

Isaiah 29:18, 55:3, 11-13; James 1:18; Romans 10:17

Nang

Dialogos

The body of Christ began with Jews.
Dan said:
Do you mean they baptize people like Jesus told them to in Matthew 28:19?
Dan said:
They believe that Gentiles are grafted into the Olive Tree of Romans 11, don’t you?
Dan P said:
There we could be Brandes in Matthew !!
You are probably going to have to interpret this comment for us, I can’t make heads or tails of it.
Dan P said:
Paul summarized the gospel he preached in 1 Cor 15:1-4.
What about that isn’t true for Peter or the Circumcision?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The body of Christ began with Jews.

Wrong.

5 circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee;

Paul was not of Judah.

Yes, putting them outside the faith, and into circumsion.

They believe that Gentiles are grafted into the Olive Tree of Romans 11, don’t you?

The olive tree is Israel of the gospel of circumcision. The reason Paul brings it up is he was writing to Greeks proseltyzed to Israel and cirucmcision. He straight says it, they are called Jew, for going to Judah in Jerusalem.

Paul summarized the gospel he preached in 1 Cor 15:1-4.
What about that isn’t true for Peter or the Circumcision

The summary is the same. The details are different. Peter is to baptize into the priesthood, as stated by you correctly right here.

Israel is to endure to the end to be saved. Paul was saved as an enemy of Christ. He is the prototype for the Body of Christ. The prototype is the first one.

The Lord Jesus Christ told Israel this.

Matthew 19

To enter into life, keep the commandments

Paul said this

Romans 7

The commandment which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

Dialogos

Wrong.

5 circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee;

Paul was not of Judah.
Which means what? Benjamites aren't considered Jews anymore? If you have to stretch the facts that far, your theology is really in trouble.

Nick M said:
Yes, putting them outside the faith, and into circumsion.
Where does it say anything about circumcision in Matthew 28, how about 27, 26? How about 25? 24 maybe, no?
How about this, neither the word "circumcision" (περιτομη) nor the word circumcise (περιτεμνω) occur in Matthew even a single time.

You have import theology into Matthew 18 to get your conclusion out of it.

Nick said:
The olive tree is Israel of the gospel of circumcision. The reason Paul brings it up is he was writing to Greeks proseltyzed to Israel and cirucmcision. He straight says it, they are called Jew, for going to Judah in Jerusalem.
No, you couldn't be more wrong here. The olive tree is the faithful remnant of Israel, God's elect among the Jews prior to the dividing wall of hostility being brought down and the gentiles included in the gospel. The reason Paul brings it up is because he is substantiating his claim that unbelieving Jews are "broken off" and believing gentiles are "grafted in." That's why Paul introduces the concept of the olive tree with the hypothetical question, "Has God rejected His people?" (Romans 11:1).

Quote me where he talks about proselytizing gentiles going to Jerusalem? Its not there. They, the gentiles, stand in the olive tree by faith (Romans 11:20), not faith plus proselytizing or circumcision or keeping the Mosaic law, just saving faith.

Paul doesn't even use the word Jerusalem until Romans 15 and he doesn't say they went to Jerusalem he says he went to Jerusalem.

Lets talk about 1 Cor 15.

Nick said:
The summary is the same. The details are different. Peter is to baptize into the priesthood, as stated by you correctly right here.
And Paul doesn't baptize, except the Crispus, Gaius, the household of Stephanus, the Phillipian Jailer and some guys in Acts 19.

What was Paul baptizing them into Nick?

Or is this one of the blooper reels of the bible in your theology?

Nick said:
Israel is to endure to the end to be saved.
As apposed to the Gentiles who can make a shallow confession and hate Jesus for the rest of his or her life and still be saved?
Everyone has to endure to the end. We just don't endure to the end on our own steam. He who started the work finishes it. (Phil 1:6).

Nick said:
Paul was saved as an enemy of Christ. He is the prototype for the Body of Christ. The prototype is the first one.
Everyone who sins is an enemy of Christ. That's why Romans 2:1 makes sense. The world wasn't divided into good Jewish friends and bad gentile enemies, the world was divided into bad enemies of God and Jesus.

Nick M said:
The Lord Jesus Christ told Israel this.

Matthew 19

To enter into life, keep the commandments
Jesus told a man who was seeking to be justified by obedience to the Law that he must keep the commandments to enter life.
(Matthew 19:16-22)

Then, when the man insisted that he had done so all his life, Jesus raises the bar and tells him to go sell it all and give the proceeds to the poor, then pack up and follow Him.

Where can I find that commandment in the Mosaic Law Nick? Which law necessitates that all Israelite must sell all their possessions and give them to the poor if they are to be saved?

Can you quote that Mosaic commandment to me?

Is it in Exodus, Leviticus or Deuteronomy? Maybe Numbers?

The disciples reaction was spot on.

"Who then can be saved?"
Jesus's reply shows that one cannot enter into eternal life by works of the law, "with man this is impossible but with God all things are possible. (Matthew 19:23-26)

Nick said:
Paul said this

Romans 7

The commandment which was to bring life, I found to bring death.
The law didn't exactly redeem the rich man in Matthew 19 did it?

DAN P

Hi , and I was in a hurry and here is what I meant .

I mis-spelled Branches , that is found in John 15:5 !!

" I am the VINE , and ye are the Branches ; he that abideth in Me an I in him , the same bringeth forth much Fruit ; for with out me ye can do naothing .

This is why Covenant Theology and Acts 2 are WRONG !!

Aren't these the words of Jesus !!

#1 , Is the Body of Christ Branches ??

#2 , Or are we in the Body of Christ , with Christ as the Head ??

#3 , How do you know that you are Abideth in Him ??

#4 , If you do not Produce any Fruit you are Cut and Burned into the FIRE as verse 6 reveals .

Does anyone see this Happenning today ??

There are 5 verb Tenses in verse 5 , all in the Present Tense !!

#5 , Would you rather be a Branch or be " in Christ " safe and secure >

What bugs Acts 2 and Covenant Theology , is that we still have the Old Nature , and they do not believe in Rom 6:4-6 !!

dan p

Nang

TOL Subscriber
#1 , Is the Body of Christ Branches ??

The body of Christ is described in John 15:5 as branches of the vine, and believers abide in Christ, Who is the Vine.

#2 , Or are we in the Body of Christ , with Christ as the Head ??

Same thing.

Vine = Head

Branches = Body of believers

#3 , How do you know that you are Abideth in Him ??

You will bear spiritual fruit unto the glory of Christ.

#4 , If you do not Produce any Fruit you are Cut and Burned into the FIRE as verse 6 reveals .

Does anyone see this Happenning today ??

It is easy to claim one is a true believer, but there are many hypocrites and fakes in the visible churches, who are not abiding in Christ by faith and who do not bear spiritual fruit. Many of these eventually drop away, and many will be cut off through the judgment of God.

See I John 2:18-20

What bugs Acts 2 and Covenant Theology , is that we still have the Old Nature , and they do not believe in Rom 6:4-6 !!

dan p

I do not know what "Acts 2" teaches, but Covenant Theologians teach that the old nature that is subject to sin remains in Christians until the day they die. Romans 7:14-8:1

Believers are commanded to reckon the sin that remains in their members as "dead" (Romans 6:1-4) and we are encouraged to confess our sins, for Christ is faithful and just to continually forgive us our sins. I John 1:8-10

Only when we leave this life, will believers be totally changed and be totally freed from the effects of sin. See I Corinthians 15:50-57

It would be wise of you to learn more about Covenant Theology, rather than continue to wrongfully accuse those of such faith, of errors they do not hold.

Nang

DAN P

The body of Christ is described in John 15:5 as branches of the vine, and believers abide in Christ, Who is the Vine.

Same thing.

Vine = Head

/QUOTE]

Hi , but it is not TRUE !!

#1 , VINE in John 15:5 is the Greek word AMPELOS !!

#2 , The Greek word for BRANCHES is KLEMA , and are WRONG AGAIN !!

We are in SOMA CHRISTOS and NOT Vine and Branches !!

#3 , I see that CONTEXT is not a priority with you , but I expected that !!

dan p

DAN P

Same thing.

Vine = Head

/QUOTE]

Hi , but it is not TRUE !!

#1 , VINE in John 15:5 is the Greek word AMPELOS !!

#2 , The Greek word for BRANCHES is KLEMA , and are WRONG AGAIN !!

We are in SOMA CHRISTOS and NOT Vine and Branches !!

dan p