Theology Club: Why MAD Doesn't Work

glorydaz

That's all there is Glorydaz;

Peter preached repentance and Baptism. Acts 2:38

Paul preached the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

Then the Jews got what they needed....being the people of God, and all.
And the Gentiles needed what Paul gave them, being strangers to the Covenant, and all. Sounds just about right to me. ;)

Here I was thinking it was much more complicated than that. Go figure. Hey, you're not fibbing to me are you, BR?

One question. What about what Peter says here?

Acts 15:7-9
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One question. What about what Peter says here?

Acts 15:7-9
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

What do you think it means in light of Acts 10 and Galatians 2?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, what's the difference?

Try reading and believing the Bible instead of trying to make it say what you want it to say. Claiming Paul and James said the same thing is dishonest at best, really stupid at worst.

glorydaz

Try reading and believing the Bible instead of trying to make it say what you want it to say. Claiming Paul and James said the same thing is dishonest at best, really stupid at worst.

They do say the same thing. I can't help it if you don't understand what James is saying. Why don't you let your light shine instead of you old man of the flesh. It's getting OLD.

glorydaz

What do you think it means in light of Acts 10 and Galatians 2?

It means even though Peter was told by the Lord not to exclude the gentiles and he recognized the gentiles were given the same Holy Spirit he'd been given, he still needed an exhortation from Paul concerning walking in the light he'd been given.

Rebuking Peter for acting the hypocrite doesn't change the fact that Peter brought the first Gentile into the church.

DAN P

It means even though Peter was told by the Lord not to exclude the gentiles and he recognized the gentiles were given the same Holy Spirit he'd been given, he still needed an exhortation from Paul concerning walking in the light he'd been given.

Rebuking Peter for acting the hypocrite doesn't change the fact that Peter brought the first Gentile into the church.

Hi , and you say that " Peter brought the first Gentile into the EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY in Acts 10 ??

Prove it , since Cornelius was Speaking in tongues and then Water Baptized in Acts 10:48 ??

Where does it say that he was the first Gentile saved ??

When was water Baptism , Entrance into the Body of Christ ??

Give a verse , which you CANNOT !!

If you knew Pauline Dispensationalism , learn what they mean before inserting foot in mouth !!

Acts 2:10 , there were Gentiles there and are called PROSELYTES !!

dan p

Last edited:

glorydaz

Hi , and you say that " Peter brought the first Gentile into the EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY in Acts 10 ??

Prove it , since Cornelius was Speaking in tongues and then Water Baptized in Acts 10:48 ??

Where does it say that he was the first Gentile saved ??

When was water Baptism , Entrance into the Body of Christ ??

Give a verse , which you CANNOT !!

If you knew Pauline Dispensationalism , learn what they mean before inserting foot in mouth !!

Acts 2:10 , there were Gentiles there and are called PROSELYTES !!

dan p

If you and Nick M are the best MAD has then something is wrong. :nono:

Neither of you are apt to teach since neither of you displays any sign the Holy Spirit is in you. I listen to those who show forth spiritual fruit...patience and kindness for instance. When the Holy Spirit speaks through someone...then I will listen. Until then all I hear from you and Nick is a bunch of sounding brass. Way to go, boys. :down:

This is exactly why I can never stand to listen to teachings on Mad because no one can beat someone over the head, call them stupid, and then expect them to listen. If you think you have TRUTH then you're to speak the truth in love...otherwise it's garbage which gets cast away by the listener.

glorydaz

There is none. It shows me that MAD works.

Really? I don't see it.

Philippians 1:10-11
That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Neither of you are apt to teach since neither of you displays any sign the Holy Spirit is in you. I listen to those who show forth spiritual fruit...patience and kindness for instance. When the Holy Spirit speaks through someone...then I will listen. Until then all I hear from you and Nick is a bunch of sounding brass. Way to go, boys. :down:

This is exactly why I can never stand to listen to teachings on Mad because no one can beat someone over the head, call them stupid, and then expect them to listen. If you think you have TRUTH then you're to speak the truth in love...otherwise it's garbage which gets cast away by the listener.
I agree that Dan is horrible in his presentation, on anything. He doesn't know how to format a post, for one thing.

However, he is correct, Cornelius was not the first Gentile to join the church under the 12. He was the first to join, as far as we know, after Paul's conversion.

And Peter was surprised Cornelius and family received the Holy Spirit without having been baptized in water, because such was necessary under the covenant which Peter preached. God was showing Peter that the rules were changing for the Gentiles, because He had just called Paul to be the apostle to the Gentiles under a new dispensation, different from the one which Peter and the other 11 were under.

glorydaz

I agree that Dan is horrible in his presentation, on anything. He doesn't know how to format a post, for one thing.

However, he is correct, Cornelius was not the first Gentile to join the church under the 12. He was the first to join, as far as we know, after Paul's conversion.

And Peter was surprised Cornelius and family received the Holy Spirit without having been baptized in water, because such was necessary under the covenant which Peter preached. God was showing Peter that the rules were changing for the Gentiles, because He had just called Paul to be the apostle to the Gentiles under a new dispensation, different from the one which Peter and the other 11 were under.

Now that I can agree with. Thank you, Lighthouse, for your kind consideration in answering my questions. :)

DAN P

Hi , and you are Perfectly seen in 2 Peter 3:16 :

#1 , What Paul writes is Hard to understand by Low infornation Bible students !!

#2 , They show that they are Unlearned and unteachable !!

#3 , And are Unstable and Wrest the scripture !!

#4 , And do that to all the the SCRIPTURE !!

#5 , AN do it to your own Destruction !!

I knew you would not NOR can answer simple bible questions and all you write is MOOT , MOOT heh,heh !!

That is why we are ahead of the CURVE !!

DAN P

glorydaz

Hi , and you are Perfectly seen in 2 Peter 3:16 :

#1 , What Paul writes is Hard to understand by Low infornation Bible students !!

#2 , They show that they are Unlearned and unteachable !!

#3 , And are Unstable and Wrest the scripture !!

#4 , And do that to all the the SCRIPTURE !!

#5 , AN do it to your own Destruction !!

I knew you would not NOR can answer simple bible questions and all you write is MOOT , MOOT heh,heh !!

That is why we are ahead of the CURVE !!

DAN P

You aren't ahead of any curve. Head knowledge is just that and doesn't impress me in the least. I've never found Paul hard to understand. If you think he is then it's you with the problem, not me. So drag out every verse you can find to claim I am not taught by the Holy Spirit ..... as I'm sure you CLAIM to be. Or have you just bought into another man's opinion to spew forth like it's some great truth?

Nor can you scare me with "destruction" since I have full assurance of my salvation, and nothing some loud-mouth on the internet can say affects my being saved. :chuckle:

DAN P

You aren't ahead of any curve. Head knowledge is just that and doesn't impress me in the least. I've never found Paul hard to understand. If you think he is then it's you with the problem, not me. So drag out every verse you can find to claim I am not taught by the Holy Spirit ..... as I'm sure you CLAIM to be. Or have you just bought into another man's opinion to spew forth like it's some great truth?

Nor can you scare me with "destruction" since I have full assurance of my salvation, and nothing some loud-mouth on the internet can say affects my being saved. :chuckle:

Hi , and If read what Paul has written in 2 Peter 3:15 and 16 , Paul has written to his people the Jews in Hebrews .

The Nation of Israel met their Destruction in 70 AD and will also meet their Destruction again in the Great Tribulation .

If you read 2 Peter 3:15 , there are 3 verb tense , Speaking , Are and Wrest , which are in the Present Tense , which means that they are CONTINUOUS ACTION as in Unlearned , Unstable and Wrest Continuously .

You are a good picture of the Ones who are saved by Fire , but lose all rewards , 1 Cor 3:15 .

To advance in Knowledge , all have to Obey , Eph 5:18 , so , are you Drunk in Acts 2 and become an Enemy of the Cross , OR are you just Drunk with wine ??

Please notice that the Greek Article " the " is not in the Greek Text and the correct reading is , " Be filled with Holy Spirit " .

All believers need to be FILLED with the Spirit , with POWER or all will be Stunted in Spiritual groweth and will always be a Babe's in Christ !!

I noticed that you were not Impressed , but then , even Paul would not Impress you , would he ?

dan p

musterion

It's a chronology problem.

Mid Acts Dispensationalism takes its primary understanding from the salvation of Gentiles....from mid-way through Acts....obviously.

Some may believe that the start of the dispensation of grace was marked by the first non-proselyte Gentile convert (at least I think that's what you were getting at) but not all do. So your premise is inadequate; therefore everything else that you followed it with is likewise inadequate.

If you wouldn't mind clarifying your premise, we'll have something better to work with.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Mad I mean man

Thank God for you glory daze

heir

TOL Subscriber

Hi glorydaz,

just some food for thought~Peter wasn't in "the church" which is "His Body". That church began with Paul (then Saul) 1 Timothy 1:13-16 KJV

Peter is a part of the little flock (Luke 12:32 KJV); Jesus' "My church" (Matthew 16:18 KJV); the church that was "added to" in Acts 2, 3, 4...(Acts 2:41 KJV, Acts 4:4 KJV). Cornelius is in the same church as Peter.

There seems to be this false premise out there that just because Paul was saved in Acts 9, that everyone who was preached to after that was in the Body of Christ, but it's just a bad theory. We have to look at who was preaching to them and obviously WHAT did they preach to them...

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Glory daze I know you love a fight. You gave me my only neg rep for calling you out on pride speak. Stay away from this fight.
But I like your arguments. Cheers

way 2 go

Is that it? That's all there is to this Mad thing? I'll be honest, so far I can't follow one single thread that has come out concerning MAD because I end up more confused than ever. What is the argument really about?

Having said that, who the audience is doesn't change the Gospel. Paul just gave us a fuller knowledge...one that leads to maturing instead of the establishment. Right?

Rom 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness."
Rom 4:4 Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.
Rom 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar?
Jas 2:22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;
Jas 2:23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness"—and he was called a friend of God.

Paul preached faith without works because he had a new dispensation

James preached faith with works because that is what Jesus taught him to preach in the dispensation before Israel was cut off.

in the Mid Acts Dispensation
Act 15:9 and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.

in a sense God dumbed down Jews to gentile level and Paul preached
to that audience (the Jews wanted to kill Paul for his message
of faith only)

Peter and the 11 wrote to Jews keeping the law "the circumcision"