Theology Club: ARE YOU AND EMEMY OF THE CROSS ??

DAN P

Hi to all , and I believe that many believers are ENEMIES of the CROSS !!

Many will agree on many doctrinal points and yet diametically opposed on many others ,

Phil 3:17 , reads , " You become Imitators together of me , brethren and LOOK intently at the ones regulating their lives , just as you have US ( for ) a PATTERN ".

BE/GINOMAI is in the Greek Present tense , and this means that we should all be in a CONTINUOUS ACTION in following PAUL .

The KJV uses MARK/SKOPEO , as we should be LOOKING INTENTLY and COMMANDED as they are a Pauline Pattern .

In verse 18 , and Paul is reminding them that their are many are not WALKING as they should , and are ENEMIES of the CROSS of CHRIST .

Many are using Legalism , Ritualism , Ceremonialism, and Traditionalism as their Guide !!

Pauline truth is ;

Preaching , only Grace ! Eph 3:1-9 !

Preaching that we are BAPTIZO/PLACED into the Body of Christ ! 1 Cor 12:13 >

Preaching , OSAS , of Gal 2:20 !

That the Body of Christ began in Acts 9:6 !

That Paul NEVER preached the Kingdom Gospel , Acts 21:21

And to preach the Revelation of the MYSTERY , which is an OBEDIENCE of Faith , Rom 16:25-26 !!

This is a Imperative and Command to all , IF you are in the Faith ??

Preaching , that there is Only one Baptism , Eph 4:5 !

These are just a few things , why we should follow Pauline Dispensationalism !!

dan p

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

If they oppose the cross, the fact that Jesus died for sin, then they are not believers.

Many will agree on many doctrinal points and yet diametically opposed on many others ,

It isn't that they don't agree with some points, it is that they are trying to pull people from the faith. They plant seeds of doubt telling lies about evolution....well, you name it. If the Bible is wrong about some things, what else is it wrong about. That is what they are trying plant in people's mind. People like the Barbarian or Arthur Brain.

Paul says those that pervert his gospel (enemies of the cross) let them be accursed. Of course places like the Puritan board or Christian forums would ban the Apostle Paul.

DAN P

If they oppose the cross, the fact that Jesus died for sin, then they are not believers.

It isn't that they don't agree with some points, it is that they are trying to pull people from the faith. They plant seeds of doubt telling lies about evolution....well, you name it. If the Bible is wrong about some things, what else is it wrong about. That is what they are trying plant in people's mind. People like the Barbarian or Arthur Brain.

Paul says those that pervert his gospel (enemies of the cross) let them be accursed. Of course places like the Puritan board or Christian forums would ban the Apostle Paul.

Hi , and you are right , that Paul and Jesus would be Railroaded , out of town , and treat them as they did Stephen .

These low information believers will lose all Rewards at the BEMA SEAT !!

DAN P

heir

TOL Subscriber
Enemies of the cross are everywhere. This is why it is so important for us to follow Paul!

1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

glorydaz

Enemies of the cross are everywhere. This is why it is so important for us to follow Paul!

1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

They certainly are everywhere. The minute you add one single thing to believing unto righteousness, you have not yet submitted to the righteousness of God. I call that unbelief, and I'm pretty sure Paul did, too.

heir

TOL Subscriber
They certainly are everywhere. The minute you add one single thing to believing unto righteousness, you have not yet submitted to the righteousness of God. I call that unbelief, and I'm pretty sure Paul did, too.
And we know that since the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth and is where the righteousness of God is revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV): it is what one must believe. The righteousness of God by faith OF Jesus Christ is upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). Glory to God!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The minute you add one single thing to believing unto righteousness, you have not yet submitted to the righteousness of God. I call that unbelief, and I'm pretty sure Paul did, too.

There is no "pretty sure" about it. He said let them be accursed. Let me give examples of adding to and subtracting from the gospel.

A dead faith, ie. faith without works, will not save us.

We are still supposed to obey Jesus' commandments, but his commandments are not based on the law today.

You see, this proves what I've been saying. Paul says that there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ who do not walk after the flesh. However you say it doesn't matter if you walk in the flesh.

It depends.
You cannot fall into these kind of sins and practice them unashamedly. Sin does not effect our righteousness, but if you are sinning wilfully, your actions are betraying the savior who suffered and died to free us from our bondage to sin, which means you are effectively despising his grace (denying faith). A total denial of faith leads to a denial of our salvation.

I believe it in context, not as a proof text for your views. Justification is about our initial coming to Christ when we are declared righteous (legal term) and our past sins are dealt with. At that point of conversion, there are no future sins yet. Reconciliation deals with our past sins. My objection is to think we can persist in sheer rebellion, sin, and disobedience with impunity because non-existent sins have blanket forgiveness just because our past sins were dealt with at justification.

Heb. 12 and I Jn. and Pauline writings contradict you (you dispensationalize away the former and are selective with the latter).

God is holy, not a deaf, dumb, blind idol with amnesia.

It is NOT legal nor moral for a Christian. It is a sin, contrary to the will and Word of God. You are justifying all sin due to your wrong view of sanctification, justification, etc. Using your logic, it is legal for a Christian to murder, lie, steal, fornicate, etc., but not helpful?!

These are just a couple of the wolves in sheeps clothing.

glorydaz

And we know that since the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth and is where the righteousness of God is revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV): it is what one must believe. The righteousness of God by faith OF Jesus Christ is upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). Glory to God!

Amen...and there you have it. :thumb:

Romans 1:17
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.