Theology Club: WHAT GAL 2:20 MEANS TO BELIEVERS !!

DAN P

Hi to all , and even among believers there is a battle and much confusion , concerning OSAS !!

It shows how we are influenced by family , Pastors , TV , and theological books and being Low information bible students !!

Salvation is a personal thing between YOU and God and there is no Progression in Salvation , or Water , nor can a human person bestow Grace to you !!

Gal 2:20 , " I have been CRUCIFIED along with Christ , yet I am

alive . ( It is ) no longer I , but Christ living in me .

And now that I live in ( the ) flesh I live by ( the ) FAITH of the

Son of God , having loved me and having delivered Himself up for me ".

#1 , I have been CRUCIFIED , is in the First Person Singular and this makes the death of Christ Personal , and He died for each person Individually and every person can put their name HERE , where the " I " is !!

#2 , The Greek word CRUCIFIED / SUSTAUROO , is in the Perfect Tense , that covers TWO TIME PERIODS , Past and the Present !!

This means that Results that Happened in the Past , Continue into Present Time !!

This means that Salvation can not be Repeated , EVER !!

#3 , It is in the Passive Voice , and this means that God did the Saving and NOT MAN , for we have been Crucified Spiritually with His Son as we could not put ourselves on that Cross !!

Because we are Crucified with Christ the following things are true benefits :

#4 , We are DEAD to the World , Gal 6:14 !!

#5 , We are DEAD to the Flesh , Gal 5:24 !!

#6 , We are DEAD to Sin , Rom 6:2 , 7 , 11 , positionally speaking .

Sin does not have Reign over us like before we were saved !

#7 , We are DEAD to the Law of Moses , Rom 7:4 and a lot of so-called believers , like to be told Do This or Do That !!

Then there are following things to consider , in Gal 2:20 :

I LIVE , LIVETH , are in the PRESENT TENSE and this speaks of CONTINUOUS action , and are Saved Forever !!

dan p

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hi to all.

Even among believers there is a battle and much confusion, concerning OSAS.

It shows how we are influenced by family, Pastors, TV, and theological books and being low information bible students.

Salvation is a personal thing between you and God and there is no progression in salvation, or water, nor can a human person bestow grace to you.

Gal 2:20 "I have been crucified along with Christ, yet I am alive. (It is) no longer I, but Christ living in me. And now that I live in (the) flesh I live by (the) faith of the Son of God, having loved me and having delivered Himself up for me."

1. I have been crucified, is in the first person singular and this makes the death of Christ Personal, and He died for each person individually and every person can put their name here, where the "I" is!
  2. The Greek word crucified/sustauroo, is in the perfect tense, that covers two time periods: past and the present! This means that results that happened in the past, continue into present time! This means that salvation can not be repeated; ever!
  3. It is in the passive voice , and this means that God did the saving and not man, for we have been crucified spiritually with His Son as we could not put ourselves on that cross. Because we are crucified with Christ the following things are true benefits:
  4. We are dead to the world. Gal 6:14
  5. We are dead to the flesh. Gal 5:24
  6. We are dead to sin. Rom 6:2, 7, 11, positionally speaking. Sin does not have Reign over us like before we were saved.
  7. We are dead to the Law of Moses. Rom 7:4 and a lot of so-called believers like to be told, "Do this," or, "Do that!"
Then there are following things to consider, in Gal 2:20:

I live/liveth, are in the present tense and this speaks of continuous action, and are saved forever!

Dan P

Hi to all

There at least 2 more verb tenses, that are in the present tense.

If your pastor is not saying and telling you about them throughout Paul's letters, you are getting slicked and cheated!

Dan P
There, now they are easier to read, if not completely comprehensible due to some grammatical issues.

However, from what I gather through context and what I can understand, I agree.

notreligus

How is this a Mid-Acts related post? I'm not questioning the position expressed in the OP, just trying to understand how this is specific to the Mid-Acts position. Thanks.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
How is this a Mid-Acts related post? I'm not questioning the position expressed in the OP, just trying to understand how this is specific to the Mid-Acts position. Thanks.
According to MAD Gal. 2:20 is not applicable to the circumcision [those to whom Peter, James and John wrote].

Paulos

According to MAD Gal. 2:20 is not applicable to the circumcision [those to whom Peter, James and John wrote].

1 John 4:13
By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ.​

DAN P

Hi , and Paul writes that we in the Body of Christ have been " crucified " along with Christ !!

It is personal thing !!

It is OSAS !!

This does not happen to Israel , nationally !!

We are dead to the Law of Moses , and there is MORE !!

DAN P

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
1 John 4:13
By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ.​
Do you have a point?

Hi.

Paul writes that we in the Body of Christ have been "crucifie " along with Christ.

It is personal thing.

It is OSAS.

This does not happen to Israel, nationally.

We are dead to the Law of Moses, and there is more.

DAN P
There, I fixed it for you.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Because the Lord Jesus Christ said to enter into life, keep the commandments. Do you deny this? His "brother" James said What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?. Paul says to disregard and trust not in when you knew the Lord Jesus in the flesh, but in his resurrection.

Jerry Shugart

Because the Lord Jesus Christ said to enter into life, keep the commandments.

He also said these words to the Jews who lived under the Law:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

That is why the Lord Jesus could say this to the same Jews:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).

The Lord Jesus' words which you quoted are indeed true but in order for anyone to inherit eternal life by keeping the commamdments one must keep then perfectly. As James said, if a person breaks one commandment then he is guilty of all.

And what Paul says here makesit plain that he did not think that anyone could be saved by keeping the law perfectly:

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain" (Gal.2:21).​

His "brother" James said What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?.

Here James tells those to whom he addressed his epistle exactly how they are saved when they are born of God:

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (Jas.1:18).​

Do you agree that they were saved by faith and faith alone?

Danoh

Hi and this post is an Acts 9 position and MID-ACYS in my opinion is different !!

dan p

So much for the liberty you were going on about in those passages so nicely.

So, what if some who hold to Acts 9:6 also refer to that as Mid-Acts?

Isn't one person on here that obtuse - for decades now - not enough?

"...the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

In Early Modern English, and "in the Greek."

:bang:

Danoh

He also said these words to the Jews who lived under the Law:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

That is why the Lord Jesus could say this to the same Jews:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).

The Lord Jesus' words which you quoted are indeed true but in order for anyone to inherit eternal life by keeping the commamdments one must keep then perfectly. As James said, if a person breaks one commandment then he is guilty of all.

And what Paul says here makesit plain that he did not think that anyone could be saved by keeping the law perfectly:

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain" (Gal.2:21).​

5. Thou SHALL NOT hijack threads or be a "thread pest" (Hijacking a thread means intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the thread's purpose. And being a "thread pest" means you pop into random threads just to make a mocking comment with no other purpose than to marginalize the discussion). If you are not interested in the topic of a thread, you might just want to stay out of it.

Top 10 TOL Commandants:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55933

Jerry Shugart

5. Thou SHALL NOT hijack threads or be a "thread pest" (Hijacking a thread means intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the thread's purpose.

You are the World Champion at doing that. You come on threads and say nothing about the subject of that thread and all you do is try to assassinate my character!

At least I used Scriptures to explain to others that keeping the law was not the only way whereby the Jews living under the law could be saved.

Since you do not want others to see that truth you come on this thread and accuse me of breaking the rules in the hope that no one will read what I wrote.

DAN P

So much for the liberty you were going on about in those passages so nicely.

So, what if some who hold to Acts 9:6 also refer to that as Mid-Acts?

Isn't one person on here that obtuse - for decades now - not enough?

"...the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

In Early Modern English, and "in the Greek."

:bang:

Hi you say that Acts 9:6 is a Mid-Acts phrase ?

If you are really Acts 9:6 and know HOW to prove it , why do you need that PHRASE ??

Show me your PROOF of Saul's salvation in Acts 9:6 OR are you going to cling to " I saw the Light " ??

If they believe in Acts 13 , why are they so defensive OR are you Acts 13 ??

Like to you prove either one !!

dan p

Danoh

If you are really Acts 9:6 and know HOW to prove it , why do you need that PHRASE ??

Show me your PROOF of Saul's salvation in Acts 9:6 OR are you going to cling to " I saw the Light " ??

dan p

Here we go again - no one is obligated to prove to you and your kind anything - not one thing, Romans 14:23.

If my posts here and elsewhere on TOL have not shown you where I stand on one or another issue, that just shows your incompetence at being able to discern another's position unless you and your kind either make it up for them, or have it spoon fed to you by them.

Meat's for the belly, and the belly for meats; I will not be brought under the power of any; I don't care who's restaurant you and yours would have others believe A9D, or what have you, is.

Neither I, nor anyone else, is obligated in any way, shape, or form to prove anything to you and yours.

"Ye are straightened in your own bowels, not in us."

Paul's way of saying, get over it, lol

DAN P

Here we go again - no one is obligated to prove to you and your kind anything - not one thing, Romans 14:23.

If my posts here and elsewhere on TOL have not shown you where I stand on one or another issue, that just shows your incompetence at being able to discern another's position unless you and your kind either make it up for them, or have it spoon fed to you by them.

Meat's for the belly, and the belly for meats; I will not be brought under the power of any; I don't care who's restaurant you and yours would have others believe A9D, or what have you, is.

Neither I, nor anyone else, is obligated in any way, shape, or form to prove anything to you and yours.

"Ye are straightened in your own bowels, not in us."

Paul's way of saying, get over it, lol

Hi , and I see many like you that may agree BUT have no clue as to what Acts 9:6 really means , have a very dim LIGHT , gotta you !!

At least JERRY S , has the nerve to present Acts 13 , even when I said he is wrong !!

Not surprised !!:bang::bang:

dan p

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

dan p

oh, most certainly Paul was instantly saved by grace when Christ came to him on the road - it IS the proof so it was pre-destined by God before he came to Paul. the moment He came and spoke to Paul and Ananias. the light came first and Paul was saved then; even before. Paul was chosen and saved before he received MORE FUTURE revelations - Mo Future

glorydaz

5. Thou SHALL NOT hijack threads or be a "thread pest" (Hijacking a thread means intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the thread's purpose. And being a "thread pest" means you pop into random threads just to make a mocking comment with no other purpose than to marginalize the discussion). If you are not interested in the topic of a thread, you might just want to stay out of it.

Top 10 TOL Commandants:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55933

Hit that little red button and send him to the woodshed. The mods may not even be aware of what he's doing....every single thread. It's getting old. How many threads have you tried to start that he has jumped on with both feet and ruined? He's like b57 with Robert Pate's threads. You've asked him. You've tried to warn him. You've tried to shame him into stopping. Jerry has no shame (especially for someone so worried about his "character"). Enough already!!!!!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hit that little red button and send him to the woodshed. The mods may not even be aware of what he's doing....every single thread. It's getting old. How many threads have you tried to start that he has jumped on with both feet and ruined? He's like b57 with Robert Pate's threads. You've asked him. You've tried to warn him. You've tried to shame him into stopping. Jerry has no shame (especially for someone so worried about his "character"). Enough already!!!!!!

Agreed.