Theology Club: Bob Enyart's "The Plot" is he right?

heir

TOL Subscriber
the calling\ first sending was enough .God said now
That wasn't "enough". If that were it, we would have never known salvation. The people to whom Paul was sent during this provoking ministry in Acts were in the commonwealth of Israel. They were Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise (Genesis 12:3 KJV, Acts 13:26 KJV, Galatians 3:29 KJV). Paul preached the gospel of Christ(1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), which was before a mystery (Romans 16:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) as the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth qualified with a "to the Jew first and also to the Greek"(Romans 1:16 KJV).

That's not us! We were at that time (time past) without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
the second sending as you like to call it was a "get out of dodge "
or you are going to get killed. better a prisoner than dead
Thank God that He had a mystery concerning the likes of you and me (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). Paul was making known some previously "unlawful words" that had earlier been revealed to him (2 Corinthians 12:1-6 KJV). Acts 22:21 KJV was the cause of Paul being a prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles (Ephesians 3:1 KJV).

Last edited:

way 2 go

That wasn't "enough".

once was enough .

If that were it, we would have never known salvation. The people to whom Paul was sent during this provoking ministry in Acts were in the commonwealth of Israel.

no he was first sent to gentiles he may have started with Jews
but so what , that did not change his calling.

do you have Paul being told not to go to gentiles ?
:nono:

second sending was to save Paul's life
do you deny that because that is what it says?

Act 22:18 And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me.
Act 22:22 And they gave him audience unto this word, and then lifted up their voices, and said, Away with such a fellow from the earth: for it is not fit that he should live.

heir

TOL Subscriber
once was enough .
No, the first sending wasn't "enough" to have reached Gentiles such as we who in time past were without hope (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). The mystery that included us was not revealed yet. We saw what Gentiles Paul was sent to during the Acts ministry (Acts 13:26 KJV, 1 Cor. 1:24 KJV). They feared God (Acts 13:26 KJV). They were allied with Israel, not aliens from Israel. And we saw what kind of Gentiles the Romans were (called a Jew Romans 2:17 KJV). By writing the Romans epistle, Paul had "fully preached the gospel of Christ" (Romans 15:19 KJV). Paul was sure that, when he would come to them (the Romans), it would be "in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ" (Romans 15:29 KJV).

second sending was to save Paul's life
do you deny that because that is what it says?

And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me.
And they gave him audience unto this word, and then lifted up their voices, and said, Away with such a fellow from the earth: for it is not fit that he should live.
Paul was making manifest a temple vision (prior vision) where the Lord told him He would send him far hence (Acts 22:17-21 KJV) and when he uttered it, for that "cause" he was made a prisoner of Jesus Christ for "you Gentiles" Ephesians 3:1-2 KJV. That was the "gave him audience unto this word" (Acts 22:22 KJV)...GENTILES was the "this word" and not just any Gentiles. Paul had already gone throughout preaching to Jews and Gentiles called Greeks. Paul was speaking of those cursed gentiles like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter (people like you and me Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

That he might finish his course with joy, and the ministry which he had received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24 KJV), Paul: would fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in his flesh for His body's sake (Colossians 1:24 KJV), was made a minister of the dispensation of God committed unto him to fulfil the word of God (Colossians 1:25 KJV), even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now (then) made manifest to his saints(Colossians 1:26-27 KJV).

Without the second sending, the "those things" which the risen, ascended Lord mentioned (and later revealed to Paul 2 Corinthians 12:1-6) in Acts 9 (Acts 26:16 KJV) would have never been made manifest! There would have been no dispensation of God given to Paul, to fulfil the word of God; even the mystery hid from ages and from generations. There would have been no all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ for you and me without the dispensation of the grace of God to you-ward, no mystery of the gospel, no fellowhship of the mystery which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, according to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord. And without it, you and me might as well have never been born because before it was made known that God had a mystery concerning us: we had NO HOPE.

I hope you study these things and those things out.

Last edited:

way 2 go

No, the first sending wasn't "enough"

yes it was

We saw what Gentiles Paul was sent to during the Acts ministry
Acts 13:26 KJV

which was all gentiles

Act 13:47 For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"

Paul was making manifest a temple vision (prior vision) where the Lord told him He would send him far hence

which he already knew

Act 21:11 And coming to us, he took Paul's belt and bound his own feet and hands and said, "Thus says the Holy Spirit, 'This is how the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.'"

Paul was called to go to gentiles, all you have is his continued calling

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's not us! We were at that time (time past) without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

I think the time between Acts 9 and Acts 13 is several years. And the time between Acts 9 and Acts 10 for that matter.

But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul. Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I think the time between Acts 9 and Acts 13 is several years. And the time between Acts 9 and Acts 10 for that matter.

But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul. Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.

Paul preached straightway from Acts 9

Acts 9:20 KJV And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

The Gentiles mentioned in Acts 13 are these

Acts 13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

not these

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do we know for a fact that absolutly everything recorded in Acts was in chronological order?

heir

TOL Subscriber
yes it was
I can't make you see anything you refuse to see. I gave you plenty to chew on only to have you spit it out.

which was all gentiles

For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"
Acts 13:26 KJV and Galatians 3:29 KJV are different than Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV You can, but it is not wise to deny there was a difference.

You quote Acts 13 above, yet you cannot find salvation to Gentiles such as we in the OT! It was hid in God, unsearchable, until a dispensation of the grace of God was given to Paul to us-ward ("you-ward" "you Gentiles") much later in Paul's ministry.

which he already knew

And coming to us, he took Paul's belt and bound his own feet and hands and said, "Thus says the Holy Spirit, 'This is how the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.'"

Paul was not sent to Gentiles like you and me until his provoking ministry was over. Again, much was provided for you and rejected.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul preached straightway from Acts 9

Acts 9:20 KJV And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

The Gentiles mentioned in Acts 13 are these

I agree. And I think it was several years between Acts 9 and 10, when he told Peter to rise, kill and eat.

SaulToPaul 2

This is not difficult.

Read Gen 12:1-3 (KJV)

Some Gentiles are included in that promise, some were excluded.

In Acts, Paul was sent to the included Gentiles. Post Acts, Paul was sent EVEN to the excluded Gentiles.

Very simple.

glorydaz

This is not difficult.

Read Gen 12:1-3 (KJV)

Some Gentiles are included in that promise, some were excluded.

In Acts, Paul was sent to the included Gentiles. Post Acts, Paul was sent EVEN to the excluded Gentiles.

Very simple.

Cornelius would be an included Gentile, correct?

Acts 10:1-2
There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Acts 10:22
And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.​

And the Holy Ghost "falling on them" is not the same as the indwelling Spirit. Is it?

Acts 10:44
While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.​

way 2 go

one calling apostle to the gentiles
with the dispensation of the grace of God Eph 3:2

Act 13:2 While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."

Act 13:47 For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"

will send
now send
whatever

Paul always called to be an apostle to the gentiles

way 2 go

In Acts, Paul was sent to the included Gentiles.
Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the included Gentiles

doesn't say that

Post Acts, Paul was sent EVEN to the excluded Gentiles.

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the excluded Gentiles

doesn't say that

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cornelius would be an included Gentile, correct?

As was the Roman centurion who built for the Jews, and they told him he was worthy. And the woman that placed herself below Israel, showing her faith by her works. That is whom he called a dog, and she said even the dog gets scraps from the master's table.

Some people seem to skip over things they have a hard time with.

SaulToPaul 2

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the included Gentiles

doesn't say that

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the excluded Gentiles

doesn't say that

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles

Just search Acts to find out which Gentiles he sought out.
But if you don't want to know, I can't make you.

SaulToPaul 2

one calling apostle to the gentiles
with the dispensation of the grace of God Eph 3:2

Act 13:2 While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."

will send
now send
whatever

Paul always called to be an apostle to the gentiles

Are you Abraham's seed?
Which Jew did you bless?

glorydaz

As was the Roman centurion who built for the Jews, and they told him he was worthy. And the woman that placed herself below Israel, showing her faith by her works. That is whom he called a dog, and she said even the dog gets scraps from the master's table.

Some people seem to skip over things they have a hard time with.

Sounds like Rahab. I'm thinking we see them today. People who bless the people of Israel, but haven't been crucified with Christ and aren't seated with Him in heavenly places. Are these who will live on earth during the millenium kingdom?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Sounds like Rahab. I'm thinking we see them today. People who bless the people of Israel, but haven't been crucified with Christ and aren't seated with Him in heavenly places. Are these who will live on earth during the millenium kingdom?

Cornelius got saved
You got served

The Ethiopian eunuch got saved
You got served