Theology Club: WHEN WAS THE LAW SET ASIDE ??

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Will not;
Priests and the sacrificial system be re instituted,
The Jews be called home from the north, south, east and west,
the temple be rebuilt etc?

So what are you asking?

DAN P

Will not;
Priests and the sacrificial system be re instituted,
The Jews be called home from the north, south, east and west,
the temple be rebuilt etc?

So what are you asking?

Hi , and are you asking me , Dan p ??

If Heb 9:15 is correct , will the Jews BE sacrificing in a Temple where the anti-christ will be worshipped in 2 Thess 2:4 !

Most all the Jews that I have talked to locally , do not believe in animal sacrifices at all !!

That temple will have to be rebuilt in 3 1/2 years , and how many times have you read in the newpapers about a RED HEIFER being found or where the utensils of the Temple and vestments being made !!

dan p

DAN P

:plain:

:yawn:

Paul was saved by grace, through faith and not of works. Did you honestly think I thought otherwise?

Hi , and I just enjoyed poking you , as you were making fun of my English and Scaring me of Spamming !!

You just have to be provoking me ??

No , I did not and just having a little FUN with you !!

dan p

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hi , and I just enjoyed poking you , as you were making fun of my English and Scaring me of Spamming !!

You just have to be provoking me ??

No , I did not and just having a little FUN with you !!

dan p
:AMR:

You really should post with proper grammar; it's just the respectful and honorable thing to do on a board aimed at discourse; mutual exchange of conversation.

DAN P

:AMR:

You really should post with proper grammar; it's just the respectful and honorable thing to do on a board aimed at discourse; mutual exchange of conversation.

Hi , and if I am doing the best that I can , SO , do not worry about my grammer !!

As long as I get my point across !

You do not have a lot of TACT !!

dan p

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hi , and if I am doing the best that I can , SO , do not worry about my grammer !!

As long as I get my point across !

You do not have a lot of TACT !!

dan p
And you don't always get your point across, because you don't know how to format a sentence, or a post.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The Law, we must examine the codex.
Jesus replied, "love God above all and love your neighbour as you love yourself and that fullfills

DAN P

The Law, we must examine the codex.
Jesus replied, "love God above all and love your neighbour as you love yourself and that fullfills

Hi , and since you disagree , where is your verse , where the Law of Moses was set aside ??

Especially , since we do not see Jews sacrificing at a temple ?

dan p

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi , and since you disagree , where is your verse , where the Law of Moses was set aside ??

Especially , since we see not Jews sacrificing at a temple ?

The law has not been set aside. Jesus said, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled" (Matthew 5:17-18 NKJV).

Heaven and earth have not passed away and neither has the law. The Sinaitic covenant is dead, but the law remains for the new covenant that God will establish with Israel and Judah.

God promised Abraham that through him all families on earth would be blessed. God called Jacob's people out of Egypt to do that job, but the people were fickle and faithless for the most part. Jesus called on them to repent but the Jewish leadership set him up for crucifixion.

God gave the Jews forty years to transition to the covenant established through Jesus and then God blew away the Temple, dispersed the priesthood and scattered the Jews to the four winds.

DAN P

The law has not been set aside. Jesus said, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled" (Matthew 5:17-18 NKJV).

Heaven and earth have not passed away and neither has the law. The Sinaitic covenant is dead, but the law remains for the new covenant that God will establish with Israel and Judah.

God promised Abraham that through him all families on earth would be blessed. God called Jacob's people out of Egypt to do that job, but the people were fickle and faithless for the most part. Jesus called on them to repent but the Jewish leadership set him up for crucifixion.

God gave the Jews forty years to transition to the covenant established through Jesus and then God blew away the Temple, dispersed the priesthood and scattered the Jews to the four winds.

Hi , and Acts 13:46 ,Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 reveals why the Law had to be set aside !

Heb 9:15 , says that the death of Jesus paid for all the sins that were COMMITTED under the Old Covenant .

Then appromiately , 40 years later , Israel was SET aside , but Israel will come into prominence , after the Body of Christ has Departed !

dan p

DAN P

Nope, the heavens are not mentioned in those verses. I think if it had been you would have quoted it.

Hi , and where are taken to in 1 Thess 4:17 ??

#1 , What does AIR mean in verse 17?

#2 , We are taken 100 ft into the clouds ?

#3 , Maybe , 1 mi up ?

#4, Or , 10 mi up ?

I , think it is in heaven , right ?

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi , and where are taken to in 1 Thess 4:17 ??

#1 , What does AIR mean in verse 17?

#2 , We are taken 100 ft into the clouds ?

#3 , Maybe , 1 mi up ?

#4, Or , 10 mi up ?

I , think it is in heaven , right ?

Okay, I think I understand. You believe God lives in the clouds, right?

Right Divider

Body part
Php 3:20-21 ASV
(20) For our citizenship is in heaven; whence also we wait for a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
(21) who shall fashion anew the body of our humiliation, that it may be conformed to the body of his glory, according to the working whereby he is able even to subject all things unto himself.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Hi to all , and there is much confusion as to when the Law of Moses and what is the Old Covenant , when was it set aside !!

This is what HAMPERS and makes MOOT the claims of Covenant theology and what is called , Acts 2 dispensationalism , which is not dispensationalism at all !

This means that Baptisms , Tongues , Prophecies and those CHILDISH THINGS are done away , until the Great Tribulation !!

Some say that the Law was set aside at the cross !!

Some say say at 70 AD !!

And of course , many say it is still in EFFECT ??

And if still IN EFFECT , why do Gentiles want to become Jews and say that they are Gentiles as in the Body of Christ there are NEITHER JEWS nor Greeks Neither Male nor Female !!

If the Law is still inforce , where are the PRIESTS ?

Where is the Temple ??

Where are the Animal Sacifices ??

Why are the Jews not in the Land of Israel ?

Where is the God of Israel , today ??

Why is Israel still SCATTERED all over the world ??

There are other verses that explain why Israel and the Law were set aside and lets look first at Heb 9:15 , since someone says that Heb 9:15 is not applicable !!

And for this reason , He is the Mediator of the New Covenant , by

means of death , for the REDEMPTION of the TRANSGRESSIONS

under the FIRST/PROTOS Covenant , that those who are called may

receive the promise of the eternal inheritance !!

#1 , Jesus death on the cross PAID for the 1600 or so years of all the SINS that Israel committed UNDER the Old Covenant !!

#2 , The Old Covenant had to pass away so that the New Covenant come into Operation and Christ be a Mediator .

#3 , The Law was dealt at the cross , BUT Israel was set aside in 70 AD !!

DAN P
There's a lot of confusion here dp.
But it's my opinion that it is rooted in the error of the two covenant theory. One of the law and the other the imaginary covenant of grace found no where in scripture.
Forgive me if y'all are offended by my dogmatic assertion but I want to display my conviction about it.
The fact that the Mosaic Covenant of 613 commandments not just 10, had to be rendered inoperative as the rule of life for God's redeemed because:

Yeshua is our high priest after the order of Melchizadek and not after Aaron because Messiah is of the tribe of Judah He is forbidden by the Law to hold the office of high priest of the Levitical priesthood.

Right Divider

Body part
There's a lot of confusion here dp.
But it's my opinion that it is rooted in the error of the two covenant theory. One of the law and the other the imaginary covenant of grace found no where in scripture.
Forgive me if y'all are offended by my dogmatic assertion but I want to display my conviction about it.
The fact that the Mosaic Covenant of 613 commandments not just 10, had to be rendered inoperative as the rule of life for God's redeemed because:

Yeshua is our high priest after the order of Melchizadek and not after Aaron because Messiah is of the tribe of Judah He is forbidden by the Law to hold the office of high priest of the Levitical priesthood.
What does a priesthood have to do with the body of Christ?

What do the requirements of Israel's laws have to do with the body of Christ?

Why to so many people that call themselves Christians these days desire so badly to be under Israel's covenant?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I don't desire to be under the law of Moses. Many Gentiles assume in a two covenant scenario and that forces the error. There are 8 covenants of the bible, 3 made with humanity at large and 5 are made with Israel. Two are temporal conditional (Edenic - humanity at large & Mosaic made exclusively with Israel). The law of Moses was good and righteous. The problem was not with the law but with the flesh's inability to keep the requirements. For that reason it could not produce righteousness. The writer of Hebrews points out that Christ could not function as our high priest after the law of Moses.

Posted from the TOL App!