Theology Club: WHO WROTE HEBREWS ??

DAN P

Hi to all , and this will be controvery forever as to who wrote Hebrews .

Many , like myself believe it was Paul , and some believe it was Peter or Apollos an maybe Baranabas , but is PURE spectulation !

#1 , The closing words of this letter are common to all of Paul's letters , " Grace be with you all !! Heb 13:25

#2 , The mention of Timothy in Heb 13:23 !

#3 , Paul was the one that knew all aspects of the Law of Moses and was qualified to write to his brethren , Gal 1:14 !

#4 , Peter said that Paul had written a letter to his people and was considered as SCRIPTURE , 2 Peter 3:15-16 , and if it was not Hebrews , then where is it ??

#5 , Paul did have a ministry to the children of Israel , Acts 9:15 !

#6, Paul wrote that the Law of Moses has been set aside in Heb 9:15 and the only one !

#7 , There are many Pauline expressions that are PARTICULAR to Paul in Hebrews , about 92 of them !

dan p

DAN P

It means that Jesus is the Mediator of the New Covenant and the Old Covenant was insufficient.

Hi , and what of the SINS that Jesus had to pay for all those animal sacrifices , under the OT ??

Is Heb 9:15 valid , as I have pointed out ??

dan p

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Hi , and what of the SINS that Jesus had to pay for all those animal sacrifices , under the OT ??

Is Heb 9:15 valid , as I have pointed out ??

dan p

Of course it's valid. Hebrews does a great job of educating everyone, but especially Jews how salvation is in Christ and no other.

He is AWESOME. Praise you Jesus, faithful High Priest, intercessor, and Mediator of the New Covenant.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Somebody other than Paul. The reason it is important is the author says salvation is not secure. That was true of the circumcision. Charlatans and liars on this site, want to pervert the gospel of grace, and say Paul wrote it. Or those that are just confused and don't pervert the gospel.

Here is the Hebrews author.

Hebrews 2

2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, 3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,

And now Paul.

Galatians 1

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Never mind the fact that the author of Hebrews is looking forward, whereas Paul is looking back.

DAN P

Somebody other than Paul. The reason it is important is the author says salvation is not secure. That was true of the circumcision. Charlatans and liars on this site, want to pervert the gospel of grace, and say Paul wrote it. Or those that are just confused and don't pervert the gospel.

Here is the Hebrews author.

Hebrews 2

2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, 3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,

And now Paul.

Galatians 1

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Never mind the fact that the author of Hebrews is looking forward, whereas Paul is looking back.

Hi , Nick , and most dispensationalist , EITHER say Paul wrote it , but say that it could be Peter , James or Apollo , but offer no proof .

Bob Hill wrote about 8 pages and C R Stam wote a small booklet and Robert C Brock wrote a 208 booklet and in the back of the book wrote down all the Pauline Expressions , Chapter by Chapter , also with a Verse by Verse study of the complete book of Hebews .

Most are blinded , if they do not recognize the Jewish character of Hebrews , like Heb 6:1-6 ; Heb 8:6-8 ; Heb 9:10 ; Heb 9:15 , are just a small sample and please remember that only Paul wrote , that the Law had been set aside !!

I found a web site , that some are maintaining all of Robert C Brock books can be ordered or read , but I talk to Brock , several times a month where I run many thing by him to get his imput !

I am sure , that you have read my stance on Pauline truth and Acts 9:6 , and so far I will not bend on Pauline truth !!

dan p

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi , Nick , and most dispensationalist , EITHER say Paul wrote it , but say that it could be Peter , James or Apollo , but offer no proof .

Popularity of a theory is irrelevant. Just by the content it was likely somebody of the circumcision, but not the 11 and later 12.

Bob Hill wrote about 8 pages

Bob Hill said:
Hebrews was not written by Paul. This is maintained by most conservative scholarship.[1] Rotherham states it rather bluntly:

The one point which for myself remains firmly settled is the purely negative one: that whoever wrote this Epistle it was not the Apostle Paul. In holding fast to this conclusion, I find myself in excellent company. Professor Peake says: “Nothing is so certain with respect to the authorship as the negative conclusion that it was not written by Paul . . . . These differences not only preclude Pauline authorship; they show conclusively that Paul can have nothing to do with the Epistle directly or indirectly. It is in no sense a Pauline Epistle, and only in the loosest sense can it be spoken of as Pauline in theology.”[2]

I do not think it is necessary to know who wrote Hebrews, but it is important to rule out Pauline authorship. This is essential to understand this epistle when we see the concepts presented by the writer. It would be presumptuous to say this epistle is Pauline in any sense unless it could be shown that the theology is the same as that of the Pauline Epistles.

2:3 How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him.

From this key passage, we see, “salvation . . . was confirmed to us by those who heard”, the most important portion of scripture against the Pauline authorship. If Paul received his gospel from “those who heard,” how could he write Galatians 1:1,11,12,16; 2:2?

Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead), 11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ. 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain. No one confirmed salvation to Paul. Christ solely and directly revealed the gospel to him.

DAN P

Popularity of a theory is irrelevant. Just by the content it was likely somebody of the circumcision, but not the 11 and later 12.

Hi , Nick , and in Heb 2:2 , what is the Context , but Jewish ??

I like my stance on who wrote Hebrews , and it is Paul with OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE !!

I did not present a Theory or a Popularity contest , but layed out many points that can be investagated , by serious bible students of the word and Bob Hill does not !!

By the way , I know Bob Hill and he has been to our assembly and have heard him preach !!

DAN P

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If Paul wrote Hebrews does it change the MAD view? Do things that were for the Jews suddenly become things for the Gentile?

DAN P

If Paul wrote Hebrews does it change the MAD view? Do things that were for the Jews suddenly become things for the Gentile?

Hi , and I do not believe that it CHANGES anything Paul wrote whatsoever , but godlruz believe it does where he teaches the so-called ONE GOSPEL but refuses to produce a verse in the bible !!

And in 2 Peter 3:16 , Peter says that Paul is hard to UNDERSTAND , sounds like

godrulz , for they are Un-learned and Un-stable and also of OTHER scriptures unto their own destruction and just keep speaking out of both sides of their , like , I believe what Paul WROTE , but not all that he WROTE !!

dan p

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
If Paul wrote the Hebrews, why would it not change the way that gentiles believe?

It should change the way any believer believes regardless of who wrote it because it's so filled with revelation about who Jesus is.

It's really a summation and in depth explanation of the primary message of the Bible.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like my stance on who wrote Hebrews , and it is Paul with OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE !!

2:3 How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him.

Ok. So Paul did not receive his revelation directly from the Lord Jesus Christ, but Peter and James told him. Got it.

DAN P

If Paul wrote the Hebrews, why would it not change the way that gentiles believe?

Hi , Bright Raven , and those in the Tribulation will be reading books like , 1 an 2 Peter , James , Jude , Revelation , 1, 2, 3 John and Hebrews as these are New Covenants books , written to Jewish believers .

dan p

DAN P

Doesn't this put into question who the author of the book is?

Hi , and as I have said on the above , that as many have siad before me , there are BETTER THINGS after the Law was set aside , like the New Covenant that is Israel's in the Millennial Kingdom !!

dan p