Theology Club: WHO is the Bride of Christ ??

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God is full of grace and mercy, always. However you want to distinguish between what was revealed to the early disciples and Paul, it is ALL grace. Without God’s grace, there is no good news.

That is your reply to this?

Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.’” and Luke 22:28-30 “But you are those who have continued with Me in My trials. 29 And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one upon Me, 30 that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”

You really think he is talking to you. Wow. :nono:

Oh brother! I’ll be tossed in the fire for misunderstanding a couple details about what’s to come in the next age. How absurd.

It isn't misunderstanding a few verses. It is open rejection of his gospel. You have been shown, and you reject it.

surrender

You really think he is talking to you. Wow.
Where did I say that? I said however you want to distinguish between what was revealed to the early disciples and Paul, it is all grace. I don’t know where you came up with your idea that I think Jesus is speaking to me in Luke 22.

It isn't misunderstanding a few verses. It is open rejection of his gospel. You have been shown, and you reject it.
Yawn

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where did I say that?

You want to know where you claimed there was one gospel, and Peter and Paul preached the same and are in the same church? Really?

what's all this talk about Israel and the Body being distinct with "two separate hopes" and all that?

Colossians 1:24 says that the church and body are the same.

Jesus spoke of his impending death to his disciples. He also spoke of his resurrection. Whether one believes there’s one or twenty gospels, the Good News is centered around the death and resurrection of Christ.

Dan made a statement.

Hi , and Acts 21:22 , definitely shows what Paul was preaching , against the Law of Moses , circumcision, and all the Jewish Customs

You said in reply.

Paul didn't preach against the Law of Moses. Acts 21 is an entire demonstration of Paul keeping the Law.

He didn’t succeed; he became a member of the very church he was trying to destroy.

Jerusalem, Israel IS one of the “all” nations we are to make disciples. So, obviously the twelve continued to make disciples of “all” nations. Have YOU moved from your nation or even your city to “make disciples of ALL nations”?

I hope you get the point. You don't get to just say whatever you want, then say you didn't say that.

surrender

You want to know where you claimed there was one gospel, and Peter and Paul preached the same and are in the same church? Really?
That’s not what you said in post #21. To clarify, yes, Peter and Paul are both “in Christ” and of the church of God. God can and has given different roles to different people at different times. God can and will grant various roles and various rewards in the next age. Peter and Paul both spoke of God’s grace through the life, ministry, death, and resurrection of Messiah Jesus, chosen King of Israel and Lord of the Gentiles.

I hope you get the point. You don't get to just say whatever you want, then say you didn't say that.
Well, that was a waste of your time, since I never denied saying any of the quotes you pasted here. I denied saying that Luke 22 applies to me.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Hi , and here is a literal translation of Eph 5:23 !!

" Because the husband is head of of the wife , as also Christ HEAD of the EKKLESIA / ASSEMBLY , and He is the Saviour of the BODY ".

I see a contrast , first of a man and woman being ONE with the man in a leadership role !!

Then , Christ is the HEAD of the EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY !!

He " IS " , is in the Present tense , which means CONTINUING for all time !!

Since " IS " , is in the Greek Pensent Tense , we are always " in Christ " which means OSAS !!

dan p

Dan,

I'm not sure if your first language is something other than English or what but discussing what the definition of "is" is isn't what I'm getting at, nor do I understand what the relevance is to the topic of the thread. I can't even tell what your position is on the topic at hand, for that matter.

Do you believe that the Body of Christ is the Bride of Christ or not?

Why?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Who was the bride of the first Adam? Where did she come from?

. . . There is the answer as to who is the bride of the last Adam, Jesus Christ, who issues forth from His Person, just as Eve issued forth from the first Adam.

Who, alone, is produced by the Holy Spirit of Christ?

Nang

DAN P

If one has put their "hope" in the very few details of the next age found in Scripture, rather than in God Himself, then one's hope is misplaced.

Those with faith in the God of Messiah Jesus (whether Jew, Gentile, "nation of Israel," whatever you want to label it) have the same hope. He IS our hope. If you've missed that, you've missed too much.

Hi , and even those that follered Jesus expected Him to Restore the Kingdom to Israel , Acts 1:6 , and even today , believers do not understand that God would be SEETING Israel Aside , and most do not see the Near View and than the Far View of Israel .

The Near Views was Acts 1:6 !!

The Far View is Rom 11:25-26 !!

dan p

surrender

Hi , and even those that follered Jesus expected Him to Restore the Kingdom to Israel , Acts 1:6 , and even today , believers do not understand that God would be SEETING Israel Aside , and most do not see the Near View and than the Far View of Israel .

The Near Views was Acts 1:6 !!

The Far View is Rom 11:25-26 !!

dan p
Yes, I know all this. I'm just saying that there seems to be, at least in the "mid-Acts" circles, more weight on the hope of what things will be like in the next age than on the hope we have in the person of Christ. It leans toward idolatry, in my opinion.

DAN P

Dan,

I'm not sure if your first language is something other than English or what but discussing what the definition of "is" is isn't what I'm getting at, nor do I understand what the relevance is to the topic of the thread. I can't even tell what your position is on the topic at hand, for that matter.

Do you believe that the Body of Christ is the Bride of Christ or not?

Why?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Hi , and there are some who question if English is my first language and I was born here but do speak another tongue , and I guess you can say I " speak in tongues " .

I am not the best speaker , but only good Dispensationalist really understand what I write and will attempt to write in my other langauge .

The EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY the Body of Christ is NOT the Bride of Christ !!

Hope that makes it clear !!

dan p