Theology Club: ARE THE 12 APOSTLES IN or OUT of the Body of Christ ??

DAN P

Hi to all , and during the Pastor Bill Root ministry , they were talking about , " were the 12 IN or OUT of the Body of Christ ??

I knew that it was a raging question , at that time !!

Can you give verses for EITHER POSITION ?

dan p

Last edited:

DAN P

Hi to all , and during the Pastor Bill Root ministry , they were talking about , " were the 12 IN or OUT of the Body of Christ ??

dan p

Hi and I am sure that Acts 2 people put eveyone together and even some dispensationalist , also !!

dan p

Last edited:

DAN P

dan p

Hi , and I am sure that the ONE GOSPEL people lump all believers together and even some dispensationalist do also ??

I never could never understand how Israel could also be in the Body of Christ and then still be Jewish ??

dan p

DAN P

You know what they say about people who talk to themselves...

Hi , and so far no one has answered , and when I write my proof text , it is the only one in my opinion that answers that problem OF THE 12 in 12 OUT and is another POWERFUL verse for the Acts 9:6 position of why the Body of Christ began with SAUL / PAUL !!

DAN P

surrender

dan p
What are the differences between being "in" and "out" of the Body of Christ?

DAN P

What are the differences between being "in" and "out" of the Body of Christ?

Hi , and some dispensationalist , believe that the 12 Apostles , will not only sit in the Milleninnal Kingdom but also be in the Body of Christ at the SAME TIME !!

To me , it is like SAUL/PAUL is saved by the Kingdom , but is also in the Body of Christ and this is an Acts 28 , position !!

dan p

Last edited:

surrender

Hi , and some dispensationalist , believe that the 12 Apostles , will not only sit in the Milleninnal Kingdom but also be in the Body of Christ at the SAME TIME !!

To , it is like SAUL/PAUL is saved by the Kingdom , but is also in the Body of Christ and this is an Acts 28 , position !!

dan p
That didn't answer my question. What's the big deal here with this two gospel phenomenon? What are the differences between being "in" or "out"? I don't see that there are any significant differences. Both supposed groups are partakers in the new covenant, both are born again, both are assured eternal security, and both find their salvation in the life, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus. Messiah Jesus is the Messiah, the chosen and anointed one of God, the King of Israel and the Lord of the Gentiles.

DAN P

That didn't answer my question. What's the big deal here with this two gospel phenomenon? What are the differences between being "in" or "out"? I don't see that there are any significant differences. Both supposed groups are partakers in the new covenant, both are born again, both are assured eternal security, and both find their salvation in the life, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus. Messiah Jesus is the Messiah, the chosen and anointed one of God, the King of Israel and the Lord of the Gentiles.

Hi and those in the Kingdom will be " Kings and Priests " in the Millennium , which is and Earthly Kingdom , Rev 1:6 !!

The Body of Christ will be an Heavenly in nature , and is different from Israel .

There are 6 Gospel that Paul mentions and are split into 9 different Parts .

The New Covenant is Israel's and NOT for the Body of Christ as Eph 2:12 PROVES !!

What you wrote is MOOT !!

DAN P

Last edited:

surrender

Hi and those in the Kingdom will be " Kings and Priests " in the Millennium , which an Earthly Kingdom , Rev 1:6 !!

The Body of Christ will be an Heavenly in nature , and is different from Israel .

There are 6 Gospel that Paul mentions and are split into 9 different Parts .

The New Covenant is Israel's and NOT for the Body of Christ as Eph 2:12 PROVES !!

What you wrote is MOOT !!

DAN P
Eph. 2:12 proves that at one time we were strangers to the covenants and now we are not.

surrender

Hi , and just where Pray tell does Paul say that we are under a COVENANT ??

DAN P
I don't know if we are "under" a covenant but we are "under" the law of Christ (1 Cor. 9:21), who is the mediator of a new covenant (Heb. 9:15). We are no longer strangers to the covenants (Eph. 2:12) which means we are no longer outsiders in relation to the covenants. Sounds like we are part of the new covenant to me.

surrender

Can you answer the OP ???

DAN P
… " were the 12 IN or OUT of the Body of Christ ??...
I think Paul’s body of Christ metaphor can be understood either as a discrete entity or a way to describe our relationship to Christ and to each other. If one understands the body of Christ as a distinct unit, then Paul is not referring to all the redeemed of all the ages. If one understands the body of Christ as a beautiful metaphor for how we should relate to God and to each other, then it is possible that it applies to all the redeemed of all the ages. I’m not saying the latter interpretation doesn’t mean there isn’t a divine purpose specifically for the church of which we are a part. God can work in specific ways at different times with different people, but the redeemed of all ages are all ultimately the people of God.

DAN P

I think Paul’s body of Christ metaphor can be understood either as a discrete entity or a way to describe our relationship to Christ and to each other. If one understands the body of Christ as a distinct unit, then Paul is not referring to all the redeemed of all the ages. If one understands the body of Christ as a beautiful metaphor for how we should relate to God and to each other, then it is possible that it applies to all the redeemed of all the ages. I’m not saying the latter interpretation doesn’t mean there isn’t a divine purpose specifically for the church of which we are a part. God can work in specific ways at different times with different people, but the redeemed of all ages are all ultimately the people of God.

Hi , and I do not believe that Paul is saying that the Body of Chrisy is a Metaphor OR a figure of speech , but we are members one with each other and provide function for Christ on earth !!

dan p

surrender

Hi , and I do not believe that Paul is saying that the Body of Chrisy is a Metaphor OR a figure of speech , but we are members one with each other and provide function for Christ on earth !!

dan p
Is it your opinion that the body of Christ will continue to "provide function for Christ on earth" in the next age? If not, will the body of Christ discontinue or will the body of Christ have a different function in the next age?

DAN P

Is it your opinion that the body of Christ will continue to "provide function for Christ on earth" in the next age? If not, will the body of Christ discontinue or will the body of Christ have a different function in the next age?

Hi and some dispensationalists see 2 more dispensations !!

#1 , There was a dispensation or Age before creation of the world of angels where Lucifer FELL !!

#2 , Then we see one more in Eph 1:10 , the " Dispensation of Fulness times " .

#3 , Eph 1:3 , and Eph 2:6 our abode is heavenly , where we are seated in the Heavenly places !!

So , just where do you want to be ??

In and earthly sphere or a Heavenly sphere ??

#4 , Eph 2:7 says some of what Christ will do for us !!

dan p

#4 ,

Last edited:

surrender

Hi and some dispensationalists see 2 more dispensations !!

#1 , There was a dispensation or Age before creation of the world of angels where Lucifer hell !!

#2 , Then we see one more in Eph 1:10 , the " Dispensation of Fulness times " .
I don’t know what your point is. Sure, God works in different ways with different creatures/people at different times. So? Everything God does with His own is out of His grace and mercy.

#3 , Eph 1:3 , and Eph 2:6 our abode is heavenly , where we are seated in the Heavenly places !!
Eph. 1:3 says the spiritual blessings are “in heavenly places.” The blessings are “in heavenly places” because the blessings are “in Christ.” Same with Eph. 2:6. We are said to be “seated in heavenly places” because we are seated “in Christ.”

So , just where do you want to be ??
That’s irrelevant. God will place each of us where He wishes.

DAN P

I don’t know what your point is. Sure, God works in different ways with different creatures/people at different times. So? Everything God does with His own is out of His grace and mercy.

Eph. 1:3 says the spiritual blessings are “in heavenly places.” The blessings are “in heavenly places” because the blessings are “in Christ.” Same with Eph. 2:6. We are said to be “seated in heavenly places” because we are seated “in Christ.”

That’s irrelevant. God will place each of us where He wishes.

Hi , BUT IT RELEVANT , not because I believe it , BUT because of the Verses quoted in Eph 1:10 and Eph 2:6-7 !!

You have the Privilege TO BE WRONG !!

DAN P

surrender

Hi , BUT IT RELEVANT , not because I believe it , BUT because of the Verses quoted in Eph 1:10 and Eph 2:6-7 !!

You have the Privilege TO BE WRONG !!

DAN P
No, it's not relevant where I want to be. It doesn't matter at all where I want to be. That is up to God.

As far as "where" God says I will be in the next age, it will be wherever Christ dwells, for I am part of his body. It really doesn't matter to me if my surroundings are made up a restored earth, a restored heaven (Rev. 21:1), a heavenly palace or a stinky dump, as long as I am present with the Lord. I am not concerned about what my surroundings will look like. I am not concerned if someone gets more rewards than me. I am not concerned if someone has a better role to play in the next age than me. I care about living in the presence of Messiah Jesus and his God.

DAN P

No, it's not relevant where I want to be. It doesn't matter at all where I want to be. That is up to God.

As far as "where" God says I will be in the next age, it will be wherever Christ dwells, for I am part of his body. It really doesn't matter to me if my surroundings are made up a restored earth, a restored heaven (Rev. 21:1), a heavenly palace or a stinky dump, as long as I am present with the Lord. I am not concerned about what my surroundings will look like. I am not concerned if someone gets more rewards than me. I am not concerned if someone has a better role to play in the next age than me. I care about living in the presence of Messiah Jesus and his God.

Hi and you have not EVEN come close to addressing , " are the 12 IN or are the 12 OUT , BUT I see hope when God lets ME teach DISPENSATIONALISM 101 , YOU WILL BE THERE ,

It is RELEVANT , as God has just revealed what He will do , and all believers will be trophies of His Grace Eph 2:7 !!

Keep studying brother ,

DAN P