Theology Club: DID THIS HAPPEN TO PAUL ?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul (then Saul) was before a blasphemer of the Holy Ghost and could not have been forgiven neither in that world nor in the world to come because of it.

Matthew 12:31 KJV Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Matthew 12:32 KJV And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

There is my answer. He could not be saved in that life or the next (the Kingdom on earth) having blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

DAN P

bwahaha! Impossible!

Paul (then Saul) was before a blasphemer of the Holy Ghost and could not have been forgiven neither in that world nor in the world to come because of it.

Matthew 12:31 KJV Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
In Paul (then Saul) FIRST, and you say Paul was saved by the same gospel that he preached to the Corinthians (the same gospel that is the power of God to save today)

Hi , and you say " and could NOT been forgiven neither in the world to come because of it , blasphemy !!

In 1 Tim 1:13 " being formerly and evil speaker and Persecutor and Insolent , but I was given MERCY because not knowing I did it in UNBELIEF "

And as touching the Law of Moses , Paul was BLAMELESS !!

As your Matt 12:31 passage , the CONTEXT is Israel !!

dan p

surrender

Hi , and I see it differently as I have described in post #10 and why 1 Cor 12:3 is very important , IF you are Acts 9 Dispensationalist ??

Acts 2 , 11 , 13 , NOR have no standing with any Positive verses as to where Paul is saved !!

dan p
Paul, like everyone, is saved by God. That’s grace. Paul, like everyone else, finds his salvation in the life, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus.

DAN P

Answered under , SAUL/OR /PAUL BAPTISM !!

Answered under , SAUL/OR /PAUL BAPTISM !!

Did you feel unable to answer my second point concerning the kingdom of God?

Hi and I will answer under the OP , SAUL'S Baptisim , CONCERNING Acts 9:17 !!

dan p

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In 1 Tim 1:13 " being formerly and evil speaker and Persecutor and Insolent , but I was given MERCY because not knowing I did it in UNBELIEF "

He entered into life, not the earthly Kingdom.

DAN P

He entered into life, not the earthly Kingdom.

Hi , and as I have written SAUL / PAUL was the PROTOS / FIRST one saved by :

#1 , Saved by Grace , Acts 9 and 1 Cor 15:8 !!

#2 , First one Baptized into the Body of Christ , 1 Cor 12:13 !!

#3 , First one with 2 Baptisms , one with the Indwelling Holy Spirit AND then FILLED with the Power of HOLY SPIRIT , Acts 9:17-18 !!

#4 , First one to write about the Dispensation of Grace , Acts 20:24 !!

Just to mention a few , dan p

DAN P

There is my answer. He could not be saved in that life or the next (the Kingdom on earth) having blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

Hi , and SAUL was not under the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit , since SAUL was ALREADY chosen , as referenced in Gal 1:15 !!

dan p

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi , and SAUL was not under the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit

dan p

He sure did.

Luke 12:10

10 “And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.

11 “Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

Acts 7-8

54 When they heard these things they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him with their teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, stopped their ears, and ran at him with one accord; 58 and they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”

1Now Saul was consenting to his death.

At that time a great persecution arose against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles. 2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.

3 As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering every house, and dragging off men and women, committing them to prison.

It is indefensible to say Saul did not blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, and would not be forgiven in that life or the Kingdom.

1 Timothy 1

15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first. 16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

And what is that pattern that he is first?

Romans 5

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

He exchanged his life for ours. That is what the body of Christ is. The 12, those at Pentecost, and the early Acts followers were not his enemies. And they had to endure to the end.

DAN P

He sure did.

Luke 12:10

10 “And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.

Hi , and just SO that I understand you , SAUL , then will never be saved , by verse 10 , " in this world or in the world to come " as Matt 12:32 says !!

Are you saying that SAUL spoke AGAINST the Holy Spirit ?? in Matt 12:32 , and is LOST ??

DAN P

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi , and just SO that I understand you , SAUL , then will never be saved , by verse 10 , " in this world or in the world to come " as Matt 12:32 says !!

Are you saying that SAUL spoke AGAINST the Holy Spirit ?? in Matt 12:32 , and is LOST ??

DAN P

Isn't that what the Bilbe says? Of course. Paul is our prototype, we and him will have a heavenly inheritance. Not an earthly one.

DAN P

Isn't that what the Bilbe says? Of course. Paul is our prototype, we and him will have a heavenly inheritance. Not an earthly one.

Hi , and I do not understand your logical , sorry !!

Using your logic , the 12 Apostles can not be saved either , and looks like a can of worms to me !!

dan p