Theology Club: DID THIS HAPPEN TO PAUL ?

DAN P

Hi to all , and I have run into this premise , by some dispendationalists , That Paul was saved under the Gospel of the Kingdom !!

What do you say ??

dan p

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi to all , and I have run into this premise , by some dispendationalists , That Paul was saved under the Gospel of the Kingdom !!

What do you say ??

dan p

Paul was save through the revelation of Jesus Christ given to him personally on the Damascus Road.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi , and you say NO , because of Acts 9:6 ??

Why ??

I do not see Grace /CHARIS used there , do you ??

Thro , I may agree with you , HOW do YOU prove it ??

dan p

By the Gospel Christ gave to him.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

King James Version (KJV)

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

DAN P

By the Gospel Christ gave to him.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

King James Version (KJV)

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Hi , and you say that Jesus used 1 Cor 15:1-4 , and just where is that in the text of Acts 9:6-18 .

Charles Baker in his book " Understanding the Book of Acts " writes on page 53 , " it is evident that Paul was saved under the prevailing Kingdom program of Baptism for the remission of sins ".

It seems to me that many Grace dispensationalists are not on the same page , as to Pauls salvation .

I believe that there is a better answer !!

What say you ??

dan p

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now the question remains; Why was Paul given the Gospel of Grace for the Gentiles rather than the Gospel of the Kingdom?

DAN P

Now the question remains; Why was Paul given the Gospel of Grace for the Gentiles rather than the Gospel of the Kingdom?

Hi , and that is not answering the question posed !!

Was Saul/Paul saved under the Kingdom program ??

Of course , I say NO !!

I believe that some of the answer is found in what was not said in Acts 9:6 !!

#1 , Why did not Jesus say to Saul , " Repent and be Baptized ??

#2 , Gal 1:15 , Saul was to be saved by Grace and I see Grace in Acts 9:6 !! ELECTION is shown here !!

Since we see that something happens to Saul on the road to Damascus and Jesus did not preach the Gospel of the Kingdom to Saul !!

So , How was Saul saved in Acts 9:6 ??

dan p

DAN P

Hi to all , and in Acts 9:6 , Saul says , " And he trembling and astonished said , LORD /KURIOS / JEHOVAH WHAT WILT THOU HAVE ME DO ??

This is VERY Important as 1 Cor 12:3 REVEALS .

It says that No one Man can SAY that Jesus is LORD /KURIOS /JEHOVAH , but by the HOLY SPIRIT .

This means that SAUL /PAUL at that point in time , Saul was Indwelled by the Holy Spirit in Acts 9:6 and was saved by Grace !!

SAUL/PAUL is the FIRST/PROTOS one saved by Grace as 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 point out to all and the FIRST / PROTOS in the Body of Christ !!

dan p

Last edited:

surrender

Hi , and that is not answering the question posed !!

Was Saul/Paul saved under the Kingdom program ??

Of course , I say NO !!

I believe that some of the answer is found in what was not said in Acts 9:6 !!
Because he was "told what he must do."

#1 , Why did not Jesus say to Saul , " Repent and be Baptized ??
Because he didn't have to. He was told what he must do.

#2 , Gal 1:15 , Saul was to be saved by Grace and I see Grace in Acts 9:6 !! ELECTION is shown here !!
Paul didn't repent (Acts 17:30)? Paul wasn't baptized (Acts 9:18)? Is that what you're saying?

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God did tell Saul to "arise and be baptised"....through Ananias

As for his gospel being the gospel of the kingdom it was, The kingdom of God comprises 2 parts, the heavenly part and the earthly part. The church [the WHOLE church] comprises the heavenly part. The earthly part is yet to come, The Jews will comprise the earthly part, then shall come to pass "Thy kingdom come Thy will be done ON EARTH as it is in heaven" After the earth is restored [1000 years] Christ will surrender it to the Father. All will then be united.

DAN P

As for his gospel being the gospel of the kingdom it was, The kingdom of God comprises 2 parts, the heavenly part and the earthly part. The church [the WHOLE church] comprises the heavenly part. The earthly part is yet to come, The Jews will comprise the earthly part, then shall come to pass "Thy kingdom come Thy will be done ON EARTH as it is in heaven" After the earth is restored [1000 years] Christ will surrender it to the Father. All will then be united.

Hi , and what Ananias said to Saul in Acts 9:17 will have to answered under " was Saul Water Baptized , and one clue is the Greek Article NOT used in Acts 9:17 !!

dan p

DAN P

Because he was "told what he must do."

Because he didn't have to. He was told what he must do.

Paul didn't repent (Acts 17:30)? Paul wasn't baptized (Acts 9:18)? Is that what you're saying?

Hi , and I see it differently as I have described in post #10 and why 1 Cor 12:3 is very important , IF you are Acts 9 Dispensationalist ??

Acts 2 , 11 , 13 , NOR have no standing with any Positive verses as to where Paul is saved !!

dan p

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber

What do you say ??

dan p
bwahaha! Impossible!

Paul (then Saul) was before a blasphemer of the Holy Ghost and could not have been forgiven neither in that world nor in the world to come because of it.

Matthew 12:31 KJV Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Matthew 12:32 KJV And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

In Paul (then Saul) FIRST, Jesus Christ showed forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them that should thereafter believe on Him to everlasting life:

1 Timothy 1:12-16 KJV And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul was saved by the same gospel that he preached to the Corinthians (the same gospel that is the power of God to save today)

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Charles Baker in his book " Understanding the Book of Acts " writes on page 53 , " it is evident that Paul was saved under the prevailing Kingdom program of Baptism for the remission of sins ".
No, that's the message of Peter in Acts.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hi , and that is true , but there are many Dispensationalist that believe that SAUL was saved under the Kingdom Program !!

dan p
Well, they're wrong since Paul could not have been forgiven under the gospel of the kingdom. :)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hi , and what Ananias said to Saul in Acts 9:17 will have to answered under " was Saul Water Baptized , and one clue is the Greek Article NOT used in Acts 9:17 !!

dan p

Did you feel unable to answer my second point concerning the kingdom of God?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Here it is again.