Mid Acts Disponsationalism

Mid Acts Disponsationalism

• Total voters

Doormat

Red lights flash with those who think no church teaches the narrow way (Jesus).

Brother, I said no church I know of teaches the narrow way. If your church teaches it, wonderful. Then you should be able to easily explain it.

What is the narrow way? Many claim to follow Jesus, but he said few find the narrow way.

Whoever claims "Jesus is the narrow way," but can't explain what that actually means, doesn't really know what the narrow way is. I'm not interested in clichés, brother.

Doormat, are you door/sozo?

Are you asking me if I am the door, and if I am saved (sozo in Greek)? Christ is the door (John 10:9), and I am saved.

Do you worship Jesus as God Almighty? Trinity?

Jesus is God. What's with the inquisition?

How about you just explain what the narrow way is, and then go back and answer post #44 I addressed to you that you either missed or ignored.

Last edited:

DAN P

I take that to mean the poster godrulz uses a lot of clichés and doesn't explain much? Too bad, if that's so.

Hi , and Jesus was talking to the Jews about the " NARROW WAY " is what godrulz should have said .

We are " having been saved/sozo " not by looking for a narrow way , dan p

Doormat

Hi , and Jesus was talking to the Jews about the " NARROW WAY " is what godrulz should have said .

“I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.” John 14:6

What do you think he meant by "I am the way?"

We are " having been saved/sozo " not by looking for a narrow way , dan p

Early Christians (including Gentiles) were called followers of "the way," before they were called Christians.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I take that to mean the poster godrulz uses a lot of clichés and doesn't explain much? Too bad, if that's so.

godrulz said everything in the video. He is the guy in the white shirt and black tie. The only thing he didn't say is when I mocked him at the end about his personal demon controlling him.

Cliches

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
“I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.” John 14:6

What do you think he meant by "I am the way?"

By no works of the law will anybody be justified. However, that doesn't undo the perpetual covenant with Israel whereby they will keep the law, or they will not be justified.

Doormat

Oh my. I would be the one arguing from your position, Nick.

It seems that he doesn't quite grasp the righteousness of God without the law.

Doormat

By no works of the law will anybody be justified.

That's Nick writing, who believes the narrow way is the righteousness of God without the law. :up:

However, that doesn't undo the perpetual covenant with Israel whereby they will keep the law, or they will not be justified.

However? However?! That's the guy in the white shirt and black tie in the video you just shared writing "however." :(

There is no "however," brother. NO flesh will be justified in His sight that way. None. Nada. Zip. And you are arguing the opposite.

Please consider again what I have shared from the scriptures regarding Israel/Christ (post #45 in this thread). And consider what I shared with VegasCowboy in this thread from Jeremiah about Israel being the olive tree with broken branches, the scripture Paul was referring to when he wrote that you were grafted in. Think hard about this brother: the Jews were broken off, which can only mean they were once part of something they were broken off from (common sense).

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's Nick writing, who believes the narrow way is the righteousness of God without the law. :up:

However? However?! That's the guy in the white shirt and black tie in the video you just shared writing "however." :(

There is no "however," brother. NO flesh will be justified in His sight that way. None. Nada. Zip. And you are arguing the opposite.

Please consider again what I have shared from the scriptures regarding Israel/Christ (post #45 in this thread). And consider what I shared with VegasCowboy in this thread from Jeremiah about Israel being the olive tree with broken branches, the scripture Paul was referring to when he wrote that you were grafted in. Think hard about this brother: the Jews were broken off, which can only mean they were once part of something they were broken off from (common sense).

What do you believe was God's covenant with the Kingdom?

Doormat

What is relevant to the gospel is the two covenants made with Israel: one old and one new. The one that is new is actually older than the one that is old, i.e. the new covenant fulfils the promises made to Abraham BEFORE the law of Moses, and it abrogates the old covenant.

Galatians 3:14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

What do you believe was God's covenant with the Kingdom? Perhaps I can show you from scripture that it was already fulfilled in Christ. I believe I can.

WoundedEgo

Confusion...

Confusion...

What is relevant to the gospel is the two covenants made with Israel: one old and one new.

What, in your mind, is the precise scriptural relationship between the two, and where is that relationship presented in the pages of extant scripture?

The one that is new is actually older than the one that is old, i.e. the new covenant fulfils the promises made to Abraham BEFORE the law of Moses, and it abrogates the old covenant.

No, it was predicted in Jeremiah because of the events in Sinai, etc, and not instituted until the "last supper". That's why it is called "the new covenant" for crying out loud! It was ratified at Calvary when Jesus became the "death brought in" by the testator. It is only between God and Israel, and independent of *justification by faith*which is for Jews and gentiles alike.

Galatians 3:14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal 3:14 is about faith, not the new covenant.

God did not make his covenants with the "Kingdom" but with the houses of Israel and Judah. But *this* is the covenant that he made with them:

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Perhaps I can show you from scripture that it was already fulfilled in Christ. I believe I can.

Please do.

Last edited:

Doormat

Please do.

Gladly, brother. First would you please edit your post so that it's clear what you are quoting from me and what your rebuttal is? (You've got things mixed up in your post, making it difficult to tell who is writing what.) It will also make it easier for me to quote you. I'll wait. Thanks.

WoundedEgo

Gladly, brother. First would you please edit your post so that it's clear what you are quoting from me and what your rebuttal is? (You've got things mixed up in your post, making it difficult to tell who is writing what.) It will also make it easier for me to quote you. I'll wait. Thanks.

Sure. You wrote: "Perhaps I can show you from scripture that it was already fulfilled in Christ. I believe I can."

To which I responded: "Please do."

Doormat

Sure. You wrote: "Perhaps I can show you from scripture that it was already fulfilled in Christ. I believe I can."

To which I responded: "Please do."

Look at your post (#94). Please see that you have mixed things I've said with things that you've said in a single quote that prevents me from easily quoting you or people understanding who is writing what, and then edit your post correcting the mix up. Then, and only then, I will respond directly to everything you stated in your post. I've asked nicely twice now.

WoundedEgo

Look at your post (#94). Please see that you have mixed things I've said with things that you've said in a single quote that prevents me from easily quoting you or people understanding who is writing what, and then edit your post correcting the mix up. Then, and only then, I will respond directly to everything you stated in your post. I've asked nicely twice now.

Ok, with this quoted area, you wrote this::

To which I responded:

Gal 3:14 is about faith, not the new covenant.

I wrote this:

God did not make his covenants with the "Kingdom" but with the houses of Israel and Judah. But *this* is the covenant that he made with them:

Quote:
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

To which you responded:

Perhaps I can show you from scripture that it was already fulfilled in Christ. I believe I can.

To which I responded, "Please do."

Cheers.

Doormat

You did not edit post #94, which attributes words to me that I did not write. That is confusion, like you titled your post.

Please learn to use the quote function. Fix the problem, i.e. EDIT post #94 so that people will not think I've written things I haven't written. I'll respond after you have done so.

Now, I'm heading back to work. The time I had to respond over 30 minutes ago when we started this exchange was entirely wasted by your failure to cooperate.

WoundedEgo

You did not edit post #94, which attributes words to me that I did not write. That is confusion, like you titled your post.

Please learn to use the quote function. Fix the problem, i.e. EDIT post #94 so that people will not think I've written things I haven't written. I'll respond after you have done so.

Now, I'm heading back to work. The time I had to respond over 30 minutes ago when we started this exchange was entirely wasted by your failure to cooperate.

My apologies for wasting your valuable time. The offending errors have, I believe, been corrected and all quotations clearly identified.

I'll look forward to reading your response as your schedule frees up.