Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Sincere Inquisitors ONLY: MAD Explained

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    I miss
    Originally posted by heir View Post
    me too!
    Put me down for that one!
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
      I miss

      Originally posted by heir View Post
      me too!

      Originally posted by steko View Post
      Put me down for that one!
      Me too!

      We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
      They already know monsters exist.
      We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Tambora View Post
        Me too!
        Ditto.
        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

        Jim Elliot

        Comment


        • I miss him too.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Acts 17:11 KJV
            (11) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.


            Was this happening before or after Paul preached to Thessalonia (epistles to Thessalonians)?

            The reason I ask is because he states that searching the scriptures is the way to know for certain if what Paul is teaching at the time is true or not.

            Searching the scriptures at that time would have been the OT.
            So, if at this time Paul is already preaching the gospel of the mystery that was hidden in the OT ....... then what would be the point of searching the OT for it?

            We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
            They already know monsters exist.
            We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tambora View Post
              Acts 17:11 KJV
              (11) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.


              Was this happening before or after Paul preached to Thessalonia (epistles to Thessalonians)?

              The reason I ask is because he states that searching the scriptures is the way to know for certain if what Paul is teaching at the time is true or not.

              Searching the scriptures at that time would have been the OT.
              So, if at this time Paul is already preaching the gospel of the mystery that was hidden in the OT ....... then what would be the point of searching the OT for it?
              I was processing this very thing recently and it appears to me that Paul is addressing primarily Jews in their synagogues and demonstrating from the OT scriptures that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah of Israel and that He had to suffer and rise from the dead.

              Act 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:
              Act 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
              Act 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.


              I have concluded that he taught this same content at Berea.
              It's the same content that Paul preached to the Jews after his conversion:

              Act 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.
              Act 9:22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.



              This message is obviously not the comprehensive content expressed in Romans-Philemon concerning the BOC but is in harmony with scriptures for Israel such as:


              Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

              Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.


              Joh 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.


              Acts 13 seems to be the beginning of the new commission:

              Act 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.


              So at the end of Paul's long presentation to the Jews regarding Israel's history, he says:

              Act 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
              Last edited by steko; May 10th, 2015, 11:04 AM.
              Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
              Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by steko View Post
                I was processing this very thing recently and it appears to me that Paul is addressing primarily Jews in their synagogues and demonstrating from the OT scriptures that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah of Israel and that He had to suffer and rise from the dead.

                Act 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:
                Act 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
                Act 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.


                I have concluded that he taught this same content at Berea.

                This message is obviously not the comprehensive content expressed in Romans-Philemon concerning the BOC.
                Yep. I would tend to agree as it specifically says he was in the synagogue of the Jews .

                But I am still wondering if Paul had already preached in Thessalonia.
                It appears that he did since he says the Bereans were more noble than they.
                So was his epistles to the Thessalonians written before or after this timeframe of Acts 17?


                Trying to get a good grasp of just when Paul left the kingdom gospel behind to teach the grace gospel. (Left behind probably isn't a good term, but you get the gist.)
                By Acts 17, he is still preaching the kingdom gospel.

                We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                They already know monsters exist.
                We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                  Yep. I would tend to agree as it specifically says he was in the synagogue of the Jews .

                  But I am still wondering if Paul had already preached in Thessalonia.
                  It appears that he did since he says the Bereans were more noble than they.
                  So was his epistles to the Thessalonians written before or after this timeframe of Acts 17?


                  Trying to get a good grasp of just when Paul left the kingdom gospel behind to teach the grace gospel. (Left behind probably isn't a good term, but you get the gist.)
                  By Acts 17, he is still preaching the kingdom gospel.
                  It appears that Paul wrote to the Thessolonians after his visit there and sometime after he got to Corinth.

                  Act 18:1 After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth;


                  From what I can gather, Gallio was deputy during 51AD - 52AD.

                  Act 18:12 And when Gallio was the deputy of Achaia, the Jews made insurrection with one accord against Paul, and brought him to the judgment seat,
                  Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                  Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                    Acts 17:11 KJV
                    (11) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.


                    Was this happening before or after Paul preached to Thessalonia (epistles to Thessalonians)?

                    The reason I ask is because he states that searching the scriptures is the way to know for certain if what Paul is teaching at the time is true or not.

                    Searching the scriptures at that time would have been the OT.
                    So, if at this time Paul is already preaching the gospel of the mystery that was hidden in the OT ....... then what would be the point of searching the OT for it?
                    The short answer is two-fold, as I'd like to get more into how to solve for these great questions. The short answer is...

                    One: Paul did share the Mystery in Acts 17, as many of the truths in 1 and 2 Thessalonians are not only Mystery truths, but he relates there that he is reminding them he had shared same with them.

                    The delay in Daniel's 70th week, the fact of our delivering from the wrath to come, and so on.

                    Two: As he relates in Romans 15 and elsewhere, his signs as an Apostle had served as proof his word was from God.

                    There are basically two ways to look at all these issues - deductively too soon, or inductively first.

                    The order in which those two are applied will determine whether one ends up Acts 2, Acts 9, or Acts 28, for example.

                    Said order will also determine the consistency with which one actually applies the Dispensational Hermeneutic that resulted in the re-emergence of Dispensationalism to begin with.

                    Its every opponent applies deductive reasoning.

                    But, very often, so do many within the Dispensational Hermeneutic, whether they are aware or not that such is the case.

                    Their conclusions make it obvious that they have failed to apply the Dispensational Hermeneutic as consistently as they either believe they have, or assert.

                    In fact, whenever you find a strong disagreement in understanding, even within Acts 9 brethren, the above is the very heart of said difference, when pride and or the need to glory in the flesh of others, is not also a contributing factor.

                    The order those two - induction and deduction - are applied in, is also how it is that some are able to continue to refine to the impressive level of continuing refinement that they have consistently been able to.

                    Comment


                    • I have no firm conclusions on the current question.
                      I'm merely pulling out of the text what appears to be there.
                      I'm remaining open on this.
                      Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                      Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                        The short answer is two-fold, as I'd like to get more into how to solve for these great questions. The short answer is...

                        One: Paul did share the Mystery in Acts 17, as many of the truths in 1 and 2 Thessalonians are not only Mystery truths, but he relates there that he is reminding them he had shared same with them.

                        The delay in Daniel's 70th week, the fact of our delivering from the wrath to come, and so on.

                        Two: As he relates in Romans 15 and elsewhere, his signs as an Apostle had served as proof his word was from God.

                        There are basically two ways to look at all these issues - deductively too soon, or inductively first.

                        The order in which those two are applied will determine whether one ends up Acts 2, Acts 9, or Acts 28, for example.

                        Said order will also determine the consistency with which one actually applies the Dispensational Hermeneutic that resulted in the re-emergence of Dispensationalism to begin with.

                        Its every opponent applies deductive reasoning.

                        But, very often, so do many within the Dispensational Hermeneutic, whether they are aware or not that such is the case.

                        Their conclusions make it obvious that they have failed to apply the Dispensational Hermeneutic as consistently as they either believe they have, or assert.

                        In fact, whenever you find a strong disagreement in understanding, even within Acts 9 brethren, the above is the very heart of said difference, when pride and or the need to glory in the flesh of others, is not also a contributing factor.

                        The order those two - induction and deduction - are applied in, is also how it is that some are able to continue to refine to the impressive level of continuing refinement that they have consistently been able to.
                        Huh?

                        We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                        They already know monsters exist.
                        We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                          Huh?
                          No problem, let me know what through you, and why.

                          D

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                            No problem, let me know what through you, and why.

                            D
                            threw

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                              No problem, let me know what through you, and why.

                              D
                              No worries. Steko is helping with my question, and I understand what he says.

                              We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                              They already know monsters exist.
                              We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by steko View Post
                                Put me down for that one!
                                chickenman. birdman -

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X