For Sincere Inquisitors ONLY: MAD Explained

john w

Hall of Fame
Exegetically/grammatically, if there are no prophets, then there are no teachers/pastors/evangelists. Paul talked about NT prophets that were different than OT ones. Eph. 4:11-13

"Paul talked about NT prophets that were different than OT ones. Eph. 4:11-13"

You are half right, for a change. It is simple, had people studied it out, and surveyed the book. The role of, term, "prophet," does not necessarily require any "telling forth," "foretelling," of future events.

Acts 17:11="check it out."

graceandpeace

"Paul talked about NT prophets that were different than OT ones. Eph. 4:11-13"

You are half right, for a change. It is simple, had people studied it out, and surveyed the book. The role of, term, "prophet," does not necessarily require any "telling forth," "foretelling," of future events.

Acts 17:11="check it out."

I agree with this, but if inspired to speak or foretell an event, the person is still "prophetically" speaking.

Zeke

The mystery relates to the Church/Church Age (vs Israel) and Jew/Gentile being one in Christ. The promised Messiah and salvation through Him by grace is not the mystery. Jesus opened up OT Scriptures because they testified about Him, the basis of the NT gospel. Shadows/types pointed to the reality in Christ (Hebrews uses OT passages to show the basis of NT gospel).

Mystery should not be a MAD buzzword.

Church vs Israel was post Acts, which after-wards the hope of Israels was no longer the issue. 1Cor 15:1-4 is not the same mystery as the one new man, it wasn't found in the scriptures.

Your problem is you can't point to the line where Israel and their hope was separted from the mystery bodies hope, its all cloudy with no real line you can point to. Do you claim the Hebrews epistle for your self? if so how can you really show a seperation between that Acts period body, and Israel? You can't because there was none, the partaking Gentiles were not a seperate body, they were grafted into the elect remnant.

Only after that taste and hope was over, did God reveal the mystery body of this age.

john w

Hall of Fame
what is SOF?

Your church "Statement of Faith."

Now, your turn. What is a prophet? Just to prove that I am not a mean spirited, MAD wacko, and I do help some, and I do study the OT, and do not "rip it out,"I'll get you started:

"And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet." Exodus 7:1

Aaron was a prophet, yes? Were are his prophesies?

graceandpeace

Your church "Statement of Faith."

Now, your turn. What is a prophet? Just to prove that I am not a mean spirited, MAD wacko, and I do help some, and I do study the OT, and do not "rip it out,"I'll get you started:

"And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet." Exodus 7:1

Aaron was a prophet, yes? Were are his prophesies?

I answered your question on the page before this one...you should not get ahead of me...so fast, your pride stinks like a smelly sock.

I gave up on church doctrine years ago.

john w

Hall of Fame
What about loving your enemies?

What about marking/exposing/identifying false doctrine, and those who feed it it to the babes, like the wolves do? Hate in the sense of :

"The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity." Psalms 5:6

I used a bad choice of words-another thread.

But I am commanded to expose/mark/identify the wolves, and I will continue to do so, protests not withstanding. It is a command, not a suggestion.

graceandpeace

What about marking/exposing/identifying false doctrine, and those who feed it it to the babes, like the wolves do? Hate in the sense of :

"The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity." Psalms 5:6

I used a bad choice of words-another thread.

But I am commanded to expose/mar/identify the wolves, and I will continue to do so, protests not withstanding. It is a command, not a suggestion.

..and, if we try to mark, expose, identify bad doctrine, by showing how mad is not a good biblical exegesis; we are wolves, right?

john w

Hall of Fame
I answered your question on the page before this one...you should not get ahead of me...so fast, your pride stinks like a smelly sock.

I gave up on church doctrine years ago.

"so fast, your pride stinks like a smelly sock."

Lovely. Nice scripture. Who taught you that? Let me guess:SOF.

Name caller. You taught me that.

graceandpeace

"so fast, your pride stinks like a smelly sock."

Lovely. Nice scripture. Who taught you that? Let me guess:SOF.

Name caller. You taught me that.

I didnt teach you that, you were here doing it way before I was.

Btw, you don't have to agree with me on issues outside of the gospel, and we can still be considered sisters and brothers in Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
yes, he foretold the future; didnt you read his words? Had the lamb of God taken away the sins of the world yet; upon Him speaking the words? No, not yet; it was prophetic, and it occurred.

The word prophet simply means to speak under inspiration of God and tell the message that God places in their mouths to speak.

So, prophecy does not necessarily mean "telling the future." That is my point, had you read the "argument" I was addressing.

Pay attention.

john w

Hall of Fame
I didnt teach you that, you were here doing it way before I was.

Btw, you don't have to agree with me on issues outside of the gospel, and we can still be considered sisters and brothers in Christ.

Nope. You taught us how to be a hypocrite re. "ignorant name calling."

"of the gospel,"

That is your problem-you refuse to address my posts to you, which I have asked over and over, re. "the gospel of the kingdom"............................................................

jeremysdemo

I was totally agreeing with your post..the chuckle was for those whom could somehow deny such a simple and basic word of prophecy????

I just don't know how anyone could deny it; just trying to lighten things up around here.

it goes beyond denying and into addition and changing what is said, take out Lamb put in goat ,Revelation 22:19, and so on and so forth until eventually you have something that works with an umbilical belief system...:idea: this is allowed, 2 Thessalonians 2:11.

No worries Grace things are light here...Matthew 11:30 :)

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

john w

Hall of Fame
I agree with this, but if inspired to speak or foretell an event, the person is still "prophetically" speaking.

You missed the "argument," because you did not pay attention. Look it over. All prophets are not necessarily "forth tellers," and that was the "argument" I was addressing.

john w

Hall of Fame
..and, if we try to mark, expose, identify bad doctrine, by showing how mad is not a good biblical exegesis; we are wolves, right?

Nope. I was referring to the wolf "god"rulz. You can reject MAD, speak in tongues, babble like a pig, for all I care. But when you come on this board, and assert, pound the podium, "Those MAD wackos are preaching heresy...I've never heard this doctrine before..." and all that jazz, and assert that there is just one "the gospel,"and assert that the Lord Jesus Christ will not reign on earth, as King, physically, I will continue to mark you for who you are. And MAD proponents know the gospel of Christ better than you ever will, because we recognize "the gospel of the kingdom," and that it is different from the gospel of Christ, and appreciate that we are not now under that program(that program will resume in the future), and recognize the dispensation of the grace of God, and are more appreciative of what we have been given through Paul, our and your apostle..

john w

Hall of Fame
it goes beyond denying and into addition and changing what is said, take out Lamb put in goat ,Revelation 22:19, and so on and so forth until eventually you have something that works with an umbilical belief system...:idea: this is allowed, 2 Thessalonians 2:11.

No worries Grace things are light here...Matthew 11:30 :)

keep shinin

Deceiver. Hypocrite. I answered your "post." The 12 were clueless, as was the Baptist. You made that up.

"Matthew 11:30 "-spinner

Spam, throw up any verse, since all of scripture is written specifically to me, for my obedience, Jermy.

Kid stuff-1 Cor. 3.

Go back to your milk.

Wait-first get saved:

“if ye love me ye will keep my commandments…. here is a hint, it involves DOING what He said”-keep spinning Jerm

Lost.

jeremysdemo

So we are in agreement about what John says in plain language grace!

that is a rarity around here, so something worth rejoicing over, praise Ya!

never mind the bullocks. :)

keep shinin

john w

Hall of Fame
So we are in agreement about what John says in plain language grace!

that is a rarity around here, so something worth rejoicing over, praise Ya!

never mind the bullocks. :)

keep shinin

"what John says in plain language grace! "-Jerm

Nope-you made it up, because of that 2 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 2:14 problem of yours. Poor you:

“if ye love me ye will keep my commandments…. here is a hint, it involves DOING what He said”-keep spinning Jerm

Get saved first. Then you can venture into the ring, and contribute.