Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Sincere Inquisitors ONLY: MAD Explained

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Tambora View Post
    Danoh,

    Matthew 8 KJV
    (11) And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
    (12) But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

    Millennial kingdom, or not?
    I admit Tam, I'm not secure in the Kingdom particulars but, perhaps we could all, learn from each other? You're one of my TOL favs.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
      I admit Tam, I'm not secure in the Kingdom particulars but, perhaps we could all, learn from each other? You're one of my TOL favs.
      I think we can all learn too.

      Since this thread is a bit more restrictive with opposition, it will have less inputs of distraction allowed.
      If we get enough input from sincere study buddies, we can eventually move relevant posts to a new thread just about the millennial kingdom.
      If there's not much interest, no need to start a new thread.

      We'll see how it goes!

      We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
      They already know monsters exist.
      We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Tambora View Post
        Danoh,

        Matthew 8 KJV
        (11) And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
        (12) But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

        Millennial kingdom, or not?
        Millennial. Why do you ask?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Danoh View Post
          Millennial. Why do you ask?
          Because Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are there.
          Matthew 8 KJV
          (11) And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

          Since they have already died physically & buried physically, are Abraham, Isaac and Jacob there in resurrected bodies?

          We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
          They already know monsters exist.
          We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
            I'm not secure in the Kingdom particulars but, perhaps we could all, learn from each other?
            You do know that the members of the Body of Christ will be a part of the earthly kingdom, don't you?:
            "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).

            The members of the Body of Christ will meet the Lord in the air and from that time onward they will always be with the Lord. That means that when He returns to the earth to establish His earthly kingdom those in the Body will be with Him and will remain with Him during the time of that kingdom.

            Comment


            • deleted by Tambora
              Last edited by Tambora; August 7th, 2015, 08:58 PM.

              We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
              They already know monsters exist.
              We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                Well, Jerry, "being with Christ" does not have to mean that you are physically in the same physical location.

                I mean, we are with Christ now. We are in Him. He is in us.
                And yet we are to join with Him in the sky.
                Why join Him if we are already with Him?
                Because being with Him does not mean that we are in the same physical location.

                Or, to put another way .....
                Jesus left the earth physically, and yet, we that are still here on earth physically are still said to be with Christ.
                Yes, "him that filleth all in all"

                In eternity, those on earth, those in the City, and we in heaven will be in Christ and with Christ. Nothing can separate us.
                Originally posted by Interplanner
                They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                Originally posted by Interplanner
                You're too literal to get it.
                Originally posted by Interplanner
                The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                  Or, to put another way .....
                  Jesus left the earth physically, and yet, we that are still here on earth physically are still said to be with Christ.
                  "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).

                  The first part of the verse is speaking about being in the vicinity of the actual presence of the Lord Jesus.

                  And the Greek word translated "so" means:
                  "By virtue of its native demonstrative force it refers to what precedes" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

                  So when Paul writes that we will forever be with the Lord that can only be understood as being forever in the vicinity of the presence of the Lord Jesus.
                  Last edited by Jerry Shugart; August 7th, 2015, 06:28 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                    "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).

                    The first part of the verse is speaking about being in the vicinity of the actual presence of the Lord Jesus.

                    And the Greek word translated "so" means:
                    "By virtue of its native demonstrative force it refers to what precedes" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

                    So when Paul writes that we will forever be with the Lord that can only be understood as being forever in the vicinity of the presence of the Lord Jesus.
                    This thread is "For Sincere Inquisitors Only."

                    You have yet proven that is your heart any different to this very day, from five years ago on here:

                    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...=58704&page=52

                    Comment


                    • deleted by Tambora
                      Last edited by Tambora; August 7th, 2015, 08:57 PM.

                      We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                      They already know monsters exist.
                      We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                        Because Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are there.
                        Matthew 8 KJV
                        (11) And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

                        Since they have already died physically & buried physically, are Abraham, Isaac and Jacob there in resurrected bodies?
                        Honestly, I do not care for quizzing others unless it is meant to help someone in error to consider looking something they might not have considered. And even then, that is no guarantee they will consider it from where one is doing so.

                        Just get to the point Tam.

                        And no, they are Holodeck characters on the Star Trek Voyager, lol

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                          So if I were to ask you if you are with Christ now, your answer would be "no" because you are not yet in the same physical location?
                          Good job of just ignoring what I said about 1 Thessalonians 4:17. Obviously you cannot prove what I said is in error.

                          All you did is to ignore what I said about the verse in the hope that no one will notice that you did not even attempt to prove what I said is in error!

                          So now I will give you something else to ignore. The jews who lived under the law were saved by grace through faith:
                          "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all" (Ro.4:16).

                          Despite this fact those in the Neo-MAD community insist that the Jews could not be saved apart from works. But that is impossible because since salvation is on the principle of grace then it cannot be said that it is of works:
                          "Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt" (Ro.4:4).

                          You are not one of those who say that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works, are you?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                            Good job of just ignoring what I said about 1 Thessalonians 4:17. Obviously you cannot prove what I said is in error.

                            All you did is to ignore what I said about the verse in the hope that no one will notice that you did not even attempt to prove what I said is in error!

                            So now I will give you something else to ignore. The jews who lived under the law were saved by grace through faith:
                            "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all" (Ro.4:16).

                            Despite this fact those in the Neo-MAD community insist that the Jews could not be saved apart from works. But that is impossible because since salvation is on the principle of grace then it cannot be said that it is of works:
                            "Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt" (Ro.4:4).

                            You are not one of those who say that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works, are you?
                            This thread is "For Sincere Inquisitors Only."

                            As of the above, you have yet proven that your heart is any different to this very day, from what it was five years ago on here:

                            http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...=58704&page=52

                            Comment


                            • deleted by Tambora
                              Last edited by Tambora; August 7th, 2015, 08:56 PM.

                              We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                              They already know monsters exist.
                              We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                                I picked a point that you were expressing. A point about whether those in the BOC have to be in the same physical location in order for us to be "with" Christ.
                                Yes, but you just ignored what I said about that. I gave evidence that you were wrong about what the verse is saying. Now you can have another chance to answer it if you want:

                                "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).

                                The first part of the verse is speaking about being in the vicinity of the actual presence of the Lord Jesus.

                                And the Greek word translated "so" means:
                                "By virtue of its native demonstrative force it refers to what precedes" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

                                So when Paul writes that we will forever be with the Lord that can only be understood as being forever in the vicinity of the presence of the Lord Jesus.

                                If I am wrong about the meaning of the Greek word translated "so" then provide evidence which proves it.

                                If I were to ask you if you are with Christ now, your answer would be "no" because you are not yet in the same physical location?
                                The evidence which I presented can only mean that those in the Body will indeed be forever in the vinicity of the presence of the Lord Jesus and you have not even attempted to address the point which I made about the meaning of the Greek word translated "so."

                                You quoted only one question of my post in your above quote. You did not answer the one question of mine that you quoted!
                                That is because you just IGNORED the point I made about the Greek word translated "so." And my point absolutely proved that your idea is wrong and I am sure that is why you just ignored it.

                                Your fits about folks not answering you "because they have no answer" is outdated and tiresome, not to mention pure assumption on your part.
                                Spare me the lectures!!!

                                If you can answer my point concerning the meaning of "so" in the verse then let's hear it. If you have no answer then just admit it but please do not subject me to your excuses as to why you will not answer it.
                                Last edited by Jerry Shugart; August 9th, 2015, 04:14 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X