• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Why don't Darwinists say that birds are fish?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
humans have common fish ancestry with other vertebrates. We are fish in that sense.

In other words, you're saying that humans are fish in some sense of the noun, 'fish'--just not in the sense that fish are fish, eh?

Will you please quote/cite whichever well-known, standard dictionary (in its entry for the noun, 'fish') presents whatever sense of the word it is you are referring to by your phrase, "that sense"?

Stuu

In other words, you're saying that humans are fish in some sense of the noun, 'fish'--just not in the sense that fish are fish, eh?
It's not the sense of the word fish that's relevant, it's the sense of the word sense. From Google's dictionary:

sense /sɛns/

4. a way in which an expression or a situation can be interpreted; a meaning.

This is an interpretation of fish, in terms of ancestry.

Stuart

7djengo7

It's not the sense of the word fish that's relevant, it's the sense of the word sense. From Google's dictionary:

sense /sɛns/

4. a way in which an expression or a situation can be interpreted; a meaning.

This is an interpretation of fish, in terms of ancestry.

Stuart

Nice orphaned pronoun, "This". Why are you so proud of yourself for meaning nothing when you write stuff?

Anyway, you agree that humans are not fish in the same sense in which fish are fish?

Alate_One

In no sense, whatsoever, is any man or woman a fish. Nor is any bird a fish. Nor is any dinosaur a fish. Nor is any other non-fish a fish.
Wrong. Never heard of the book "You're inner fish"?

Human teeth (and most other teeth for that matter) are probably heavily modified primitive fish scales.

https://www.sciencealert.com/your-te...om-fish-scales

Fish are vertebrates. Do you deny humans are vertebrates?

Is tiktaalik a fish or "non-fish"?

7djengo7

The chief question would be, do you agree that?

Stuart

Huh?

Anyway, again, here's the question I asked you, that you've thus far not answered:

Do you agree that humans are not fish in the same sense in which fish are fish?

7djengo7

So, then, you think that a human is, in some sense, a limbless cold-blooded vertebrate animal with gills and fins and living wholly in water? In what sense do you think a human is a limbless cold-blooded vertebrate animal with gills and fins and living wholly in water?

Never heard of the book "You're inner fish"?

Heard of it. Is it a seafood cookbook?

Human teeth (and most other teeth for that matter) are probably heavily modified primitive fish scales.

Then why do you call them teeth rather than scales? Why do you call your toothbrush a toothbrush rather than a scalebrush?

Fish are vertebrates.

So? Birds are vertebrates, too.

Do you deny humans are vertebrates?

By "humans are vertebrates", do you mean "humans have vertebral columns"? I don't deny, but rather, I affirm that humans have vertebral columns.

Is tiktaalik a fish or "non-fish"?

If, by "tiktaalik", you're referring to an ugly chunk of lifeless material claimed to be the discovered remains of some animal that died, then I'd say that what you're calling "tiktaalik" is a non-fish.

To which would you say you are referring by the word, "tiktaalik"? To a fish, or to a non-fish?

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
Obviously you're quite happy to proclaim your solidarity with other raving idiots who are willing to say that humans are fish. You've just told me that you are a limbless cold-blooded vertebrate animal with gills and fins and living wholly in water.
That's what you are telling me, when you say that you, Stuu, are a fish: you are telling me that you, Stuu, are a limbless cold-blooded vertebrate animal with gills and fins and living wholly in water.

In no sense, whatsoever, is any man or woman a fish. Nor is any bird a fish. Nor is any dinosaur a fish. Nor is any other non-fish a fish.

There are many fish that live outside of water, these are not fish according to your requirements.

7djengo7

There are many fish that live outside of water, these are not fish according to your requirements.

So, you're telling me that there are many limbless cold-blooded vertebrate animals with gills and fins that live wholly in water AND "that live outside of water"? Is that what you're telling me?

7djengo7

Again, what question? Go ahead and ask a question, if you have one in mind. Did you mean anything by what you wrote: "do you agree that?" I can't see that you did, so, naturally, I can't see that you asked me a question. If you did have a question in mind, I guess it's up to you to try to express it in words, if you really want to ask it. For, again, so far as I can tell, I can't tell that you have asked me a question in your words, "do you agree that?"

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Oh, well then you've contradicted yourself by telling me that something BOTH lives wholly in water AND lives outside of water.

^ This nonsense. Do you really think this is clever?

You can be amusing to go on the back-and-forth with, but only up to a point.

7djengo7

^ This nonsense. Do you really think this is clever?

Nonsense? No. Why do you think it's meaningless?

True? Yes. Why do you think it's not true?

Clever? No. Things a person says aren't clever; persons are (or can be) clever. I don't know that I'd necessarily say I am clever to have said it; what I would say is that I said it because I think logically.

You can be amusing to go on the back-and-forth with, but only up to a point.

Oh, so I need your permission to be amusing?