• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Chance or Design (Evolution or Creation)

Gary K

Banned
I must inform you that you are mistaken. I actually have studied the issue from both sides, and don’t reject anything except that which I consider false. Ironically, I am actually a Creationist myself....so you’re really not even understanding me, but you’re falsely accusing me. And the weird thing about that is it seems to be your contribution to this discussion. You like to talk about people instead of issue, ideas, and facts. Your recent post about The Barbarian proves this.

I believe that God created everything by allowing it to exist by whatever method he chose. That makes me a Creationist, and an honest one because I’m willing to admit that I don’t know how or why he did it. But, since I am convinced that God has presented me with evidence of his existence, I choose to believe.

Maybe you should consider being a little less judgy and a little more open minded.

I have a question for you. Do you understand that you are trying to combine mutually exclusive ideas when you attempt to combine creation and evolution? Mutually exclusive ways of thinking? Mutually exclusive ways of examining evidence? It's like saying the westbound train is headed east. Theistic evolution can never be in the Biblical camp.

An analogy is the mixing of poison with healthy food and then claiming the poison can't hurt us because the main part of the food is healthy. Theistic evoluton is the mixing of pagan thought with Christian thought. Pagan thinking with Christian thinking. What we get from that can never be considered Christian thought. Jesus says He is the truth. We don't still have truth if we mix a little of the devil with Jesus. The devil's ideas are, and always have been and always will be, poisonous because he has been a liar from the beginning and always will be. Truth + lies != truth. Jesus + devil != Jesus. It's just plain old basic logic.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
It's like saying the westbound train is headed east. Theistic evolution can never be in the Biblical camp.

If you believe the bible, then you don't need any science do you? You know that God made Adam, but then later realized he would need a mate that is human instead of animal in order to reproduce, so he created Eve through non-elective surgery. He took a rib and transformed it or evolved it into a woman. That's your story and what else do you need?

"So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him. And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22 Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He [h]made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. " Genesis 2.

An analogy is the mixing of poison with healthy food and then claiming the poison can't hurt us because the main part of the food is healthy. Theistic evoluton is the mixing of pagan thought with Christian thought. Pagan thinking with Christian thinking. What we get from that can never be considered Christian thought. Jesus says He is the truth. We don't still have truth if we mix a little of the devil with Jesus. The devil's ideas are, and always have been and always will be, poisonous because he has been a liar from the beginning and always will be. Truth + lies != truth. Jesus + devil != Jesus. It's just plain old basic logic.

Christianity is a mixture of pagan thought and Christian thinking. Christianity accepts the Old Testament, where you get your creation story....and the Old Testament is definitely pagan. So, I guess I just don't understand how you can justify your criticism.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
You asked all the creationists here to express their opinions on the periodic table? :freak:

Yes, I did...but in case you missed it....what do you know of it? Do you think the periodic table represents information that demonstrates the Earth is actually very old and not only 10,000 years old.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
That seems like a really strange thing to do

And then when people didn't respond to your strange request, you assumed that they're unfamiliar with the periodic table?

That's kind of strange too :idunno:

It’s also strange that you’ve posted twice regarding it now without saying anything. Understanding the Periodic Table of Elements represents some basic understanding of science and the examination of material existence.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It’s also strange that you’ve posted twice regarding it now without saying anything.

I've been focused on my interest in the topic, which is your abnormal behavior - are you on the spectrum?

Understanding the Periodic Table of Elements represents some basic understanding of science

Yes, I use to teach it to tenth graders, mostly. Occasionally the advanced eighth grader.

6days

Guyver said:
Christianity accepts the Old Testament, where you get your creation story
Christianity IS the old Testament. Christ and the cross make no sense without Genesis. Whenever Jesus was challenged, he would refer to the old Testament as His absolute source of Truth... And he most commonly referenced the writings of Moses.

Re periodic table... It provides clear evidence of our creator. "Atoms are not chaotic in their assembly but have an orderly arrangement in the way that electrons are added to orbitals, and protons and neutrons in the nucleus. This accounts for their periodic and predictable attributes which a God of order has created."https://creation.com/atoms-and-gods-order

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Christianity IS the old Testament. Christ and the cross make no sense without Genesis. Whenever Jesus was challenged, he would refer to the old Testament as His absolute source of Truth... And he most commonly referenced the writings of Moses.

He also corrected some of the wrong things in Moses like divorce, eye for an eye and kill your enemies.

Re periodic table... It provides clear evidence of our creator. "Atoms are not chaotic in their assembly but have an orderly arrangement in the way that electrons are added to orbitals, and protons and neutrons in the nucleus. This accounts for their periodic and predictable attributes which a God of order has created."https://creation.com/atoms-and-gods-order

I tend to you agree that the precise and nearly infinite nature of the atom and the compounds formed from atoms are amazing. I just have to be honest that is your bias and my own. If you think about it, we are not scientific or logical in our thinking when we assume God exists. That is a belief of ours.
There is no scientific proof of God, and there’s no way to test it scientifically. To those who don’t believe there is a God, some of us claiming that there is does not qualify as scientific evidence, it qualifies as anecdotal evidence....which is not really considered evidence.

It’s kind of like Bigfoot, yet one could argue that there is more evidence for Bigfoot than God because of footprints, some dna evidence, and some possible photographic evidence. We don’t have that for God.

That is not to say we are wrong. I believe I’m right in believing that God exists because of my own subjective experiences. But, since I trust myself...I believe my experiences. But I don’t pretend my word qualifies for scientific evidence.

If the people who have seen Bigfoot or Sasquatch are right.....and eventually this is proven by the discovery of a body....then it does show that anecdotal evidence can be factual in some cases, and this has been shown in other avenues. But, there have been a lot of anecdotal evidence that has been shown to be fabricated intentionally or not.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He also corrected some of the wrong things in Moses like divorce, eye for an eye and kill your enemies.

Rather, he corrected the common understanding of the law, not the law itself.

Not once did Jesus repeal any of the Mosaic laws.

I tend to you agree that the precise and nearly infinite nature of the atom and the compounds formed from atoms are amazing. I just have to be honest that is your bias and my own. If you think about it, we are not scientific or logical in our thinking when we assume God exists.

Assuming that God does not exist is irrational, and leads to madness.

That is a belief of ours.
There is no scientific proof of God,

The proof is everywhere.

Literally.

and there’s no way to test it scientifically.
To those who don’t believe there is a God, some of us claiming that there is does not qualify as scientific evidence, it qualifies as anecdotal evidence....which is not really considered evidence.

It’s kind of like Bigfoot, yet one could argue that there is more evidence for Bigfoot than God because of footprints, some dna evidence, and some possible photographic evidence. We don’t have that for God.

That is not to say we are wrong. I believe I’m right in believing that God exists because of my own subjective experiences. But, since I trust myself...I believe my experiences. But I don’t pretend my word qualifies for scientific evidence.

If the people who have seen Bigfoot or Sasquatch are right.....and eventually this is proven by the discovery of a body....then it does show that anecdotal evidence can be factual in some cases, and this has been shown in other avenues. But, there have been a lot of anecdotal evidence that has been shown to be fabricated intentionally or not.

6days

Guyver said:
[MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] answered you, but are you suggesting you accept the clear teaching of Jesus?
Guyver said:
I tend to you agree that the precise and nearly infinite nature of the atom.....
"Nearly infinite"? That suggests you believe atoms are finite... That they popped into existence creating order without any cause..... And magically created everything?
It seems much more logical and scientific to believe an infinitely existing intelligence created order and caused everything.
Guyver said:
There is no scientific proof of God...
There is scientific EVIDENCE of God. And the Bible says the evidence is strong enough that we can KNOW. I would suggest it is unscientific to believe that nothing caused everything.... or that anything can begin to exist without a cause. the most logical and scientific explanation of everything is an eternally existing intelligence.
Guyver said:
It’s kind of like Bigfoot, yet one could argue that there is more evidence for Bigfoot than God
You could also argue that the Earth is flat from your perspective.

Your argument is illogical for a couple reasons. False analogy... There are not thousands of PhD scientists claiming evidence supports the existence of Bigfoot. (And if there was, of course we should pay attention to that). There are thousands of PhD scientists who claim the existence for a Creator God is compelling.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Rather, he corrected the common understanding of the law, not the law itself.Not once did Jesus repeal any of the Mosaic laws.

Yes....he did. See Matthew chapter 5 verses 38 and following.

Assuming that God does not exist is irrational, and leads to madness.

Disagree. A person would have to have a reason to believe that God exists in the first place to even think such a thing. You can search the beliefs of First Nations peoples to see that they all believe different things. Most are animists.

The proof is everywhere.

Literally.

Please present proof that God exists.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] answered you, but are you suggesting you accept the clear teaching of Jesus?

As it pertains to my point.....yes I do.

"Nearly infinite"? That suggests you believe atoms are finite... That they popped into existence creating order without any cause..... And magically created everything?
It seems much more logical and scientific to believe an infinitely existing intelligence created order and caused everything.

Infinity is undefined mathematically, it can't be known, only conceptualized. But, unstable atoms are finite, they will eventually decay into another element. Stable atoms are eternal as we understand it....yes.

You could also argue that the Earth is flat from your perspective.

No you can't. I accept the evidence demonstrating that the Earth is spheroid.

Your argument is illogical for a couple reasons. False analogy... There are not thousands of PhD scientists claiming evidence supports the existence of Bigfoot. (And if there was, of course we should pay attention to that).

No, there are not thousands, but there are some. So my argument is not illogical.

There are thousands of PhD scientists who claim the existence for a Creator God is compelling.

I disagree with this claim, but I'm not going to ask you to prove it. Instead, I'll wait to examine the scientific evidence for God's existence that I asked you and JR to provide.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes....he did. See Matthew chapter 5 verses 38 and following.

Taking verses out of context is why you don't understand.

No, Jesus was not repealing the laws.

He was explaining how to act in the coming kingdom.

Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth. - Matthew 5:5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew5:5&version=NKJV

Inherit what?

The earth. Not heaven.

Disagree. A person would have to have a reason to believe that God exists in the first place to even think such a thing.

Try thinking it through, and instead of assuming that there is a God who created everything and loves His creation, assume that there is no God, and see where it gets you.

It leads to madness, rejection of morality, and harm.

You can search the beliefs of First Nations

Who?

Please present proof that God exists.

I present to you, drumroll please...

The universe, and all that is within it.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
The universe, and all that is within it.

Sigh.

As I expected. You really don't know what constitutes scientific evidence. Therefore, you should not make claims about it. Instead, you should stick with offering your opinions and/or beliefs.

A good way to do this is to begin statements with something like...... "In my opinion....."

Or, "I believe that......"

That way you won't be claiming things which are not true.