• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Evolution and its effects.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
There is no doubt that the philosophy of evolution leads to horrors.

Yes, there have been some...

cartoon2.gif

When my son Dan was murdered on the sidewalk at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999, I hoped that would be the last school shooting. Since that day, I’ve tried to answer the question, “Why did this happen?”[/quote]

Because those two students were bullied and instead of finding a way to deal with it, they chose to kill indiscriminately. The good news is that violence is declining in public schools...

gr-school-violence300.gif

From 1993 to 2010, the number of homicides committed at primary and secondary schools by students has steadily shrunk.

Wouldn't be surprised if it went up in the last three years, though.

This country is in a moral free fall.

Let's look at that... violence in America, generally...
em-summer-02-16_02.jpg

In other ways, maybe. Not in violence.

For over two generations, the public school system has taught in a moral vacuum,

Nope. Character First Education
http://www.characterfirsteducation.com/c/curriculum.php

You can teach morality without endorsing any particular religion.

expelling God from the school and from the government,

You're way off base there, too. My daughter was an officer in Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and she and her friends prayed in school, brought Bibles to school, and met together during the school day. And the school permitted other religous groups as well. It's the law. They can't stop kids from praying; they are only unable to sponsor an official prayer.

replacing Him with evolution, where the strong kill the weak, without moral consequences and life has no inherent value.

If you knew any scientists, you'd know that they'd be the first to tell you that nature is no place to find ethics and morals.

We teach there are no absolutes, no right or wrong.

You might. But as you just learned, public schools teach morality and character.

And I assure you the murder of innocent children is always wrong, including by abortion. Abortion has diminished the value of children.

They are doing abortions in public schools? Where is that?

Truster

This is uncalled for, as well as inaccurate. There is no need to knock people you don't agree with.

Two men
saw the same thing
one man immediately
gave an opinion
the other contemplated
what he had seen
pondered in regard to
his previous experience
and slowly but surely
reached a conclusion.

Being able to reach a conclusion
is an experience opinionated
people miss out on…

When a man has reached many conclusions he is a wealthy and contented man. While the foolish man throws opinions as confetti. Colourful, light and blown to and fro on the wind of changing circumstance.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Evolution is a lie.

It's directly observed. Perhaps you've confused evolution with natural selection which is an agent of evolution, or common descent, which is a consequence of evolution. What do you think "evolution" means in biology?

But the teaching terrifies.

I don't see how. Maybe for an atheist, but certainly not for a Christian.

Truster

It's directly observed. Perhaps you've confused evolution with natural selection which is an agent of evolution, or common descent, which is a consequence of evolution. What do you think "evolution" means in biology?

I don't see how. Maybe for an atheist, but certainly not for a Christian.

It terrifies the wicked.

The fact I need to clarify this means I have nothing more to say to you.

Truster

I was kinda hoping to learn what you think "evolution" means in biology. Just for everyone else, would you say what you think it is?

"For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen."

Evolution is a lie. Big bang is a lie and natural selection is a lie.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Evolution is a lie.

You're very sure of that, but you don't even know what it is. Wouldn't you be more effective against evolution, if you knew what it is you're fighting?

Big bang is a lie

That's what a prominent atheist scientist said, after a scientist (who was a Christian) first proposed it.

and natural selection is a lie.

Hmmm... even "Answers in Genesis" knows better than that:

After Adam and Eve sinned and the Curse ravaged the earth, mutations, natural selection, and other mechanisms led to much variation within the created kinds. This diversity helps animals to survive, especially in the diverse and hostile post-Flood environments.
https://answersingenesis.org/natural-selection/natural-selection-is-not-evolution/

Truster

This message is hidden because Stripe is on your ignore list.

Because he doesn't live by trust and has no understanding.

Truster

You're very sure of that, but you don't even know what it is. Wouldn't you be more effective against evolution, if you knew what it is you're fighting?

That's what a prominent atheist scientist said, after a scientist (who was a Christian) first proposed it.

Hmmm... even "Answers in Genesis" knows better than that:

After Adam and Eve sinned and the Curse ravaged the earth, mutations, natural selection, and other mechanisms led to much variation within the created kinds. This diversity helps animals to survive, especially in the diverse and hostile post-Flood environments.
https://answersingenesis.org/natural-selection/natural-selection-is-not-evolution/

I note that you cannot address the scripture.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I note that you cannot address the scripture.

St. Augustine did that far better than I could:

Often, a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other parts of the world, about the motions and orbits of the stars and even their sizes and distances, … and this knowledge he holds with certainty from reason and experience. It is thus offensive and disgraceful for an unbeliever to hear a Christian talk nonsense about such things, claiming that what he is saying is based in Scripture. We should do all we can to avoid such an embarrassing situation, which people see as ignorance in the Christian and laugh to scorn.

The shame is not so much that an ignorant person is laughed at, but rather that people outside the faith believe that we hold such opinions, and thus our teachings are rejected as ignorant and unlearned. If they find a Christian mistaken in a subject that they know well and hear him maintaining his foolish opinions as based on our teachings, how are they going to believe these teachings in matters concerning the resurrection of the dead, the hope of eternal life, and the kingdom of heaven, when they think these teachings are filled with fallacies about facts which they have learnt from experience and reason.

Reckless and presumptuous expounders of Scripture bring about much harm when they are caught in their mischievous false opinions by those not bound by our sacred texts. And even more so when they then try to defend their rash and obviously untrue statements by quoting a shower of words from Scripture and even recite from memory passages which they think will support their case ‘without understanding either what they are saying or what they assert with such assurance.’ (1 Timothy 1:7)
St. Augustine of Hippo, De Genisi ad litteram

You shotgun random scripture, hoping something will connect. But as I said, because you don't even know what "evolution" means, you have no hope of making that work.

Learn to trust God and His word, instead of whatever happens to seem right to you.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You shotgun random scripture, hoping something will connect.
And you present your opinion in place of scripture, which even when you do address is done so from your modern reinvention of it.

Moreover, you don't even know what "evolution" means; you think it's a fact.

Nope. It's just a religion.

Learn to trust God and His word instead of whatever seems right to you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Because he doesn't live by trust and has no understanding.
This message is hidden because The Barbarian is on your ignore list.
Reminder: When you are ignoring someone--please do not quote them in posts or talk about them.