• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Young Earth or Old?

Apple7

NOTE: in the passage from Revelation, the devil was cast not "down to the earth," but simply "to the earth." This COULD be interpreted as him being cast out of the Garden to the earth.

If the garden is already on earth, then he would already be on earth, and hence, he would NOT need to be cast to it.

Apple7

Ezekiel describes Lucifer (through his description of the King of Tyre) as falling from Eden, the Garden of God.

'falling'...?

If he was already upon the earth, as you claim, then why the need to fall to it?

Further, the term used in Eze 28.16, 'mehar', literally means 'mountain'.

Can you please show us where mountains exist in the garden of Eden?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And...

Adam & Eve do not procreate until Gen 4, not Gen 1.

So?

Gen two, onward, clearly indicates the passage of much time,

How much time do you think passed between God's command to Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply and Adam and Eve doing so?

A day?
A week?
A month?
A year?
10 years?

Longer?

They were mature enough for God to tell them to do so, how long do you think Adam could have held out? I mean, she was the most beautiful woman on earth! Not to mention she was also his wife...

not a 24 hr period of time.

Where did I (or anyone here, for that matter) ever say that it was 24 hours between God's command to multiply and Adam and Eve doing so?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If the garden is already on earth, then he would already be on earth, and hence, he would NOT need to be cast to it.

Heaven was on the earth.

Being cast from the garden would be no different than being kicked out of a convenience store.

'falling'...?

If he was already upon the earth, as you claim, then why the need to fall to it?

Do you think that Adam and Eve literally fell to the ground when they sinned? Or could "falling" in this context refer to a figure of speech?

Further, the term used in Eze 28.16, 'mehar', literally means 'mountain'.

Yes, that's what I said. A mountain.

Can you please show us where mountains exist in the garden of Eden?

I recommend you read the passage again, paying closer attention to Ezekiel's description of the garden.

Also, read chapter 31 for a description of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, which is described as being cut down, so that its branches fell on the mountains (remember, this tree was in the MIDDLE of the Garden, so for it's branches to fall on the mountains, it must have been HUGE, and the passage describes it as such).

How do you keep a spring of water as large as the one described in the center of the Garden from having its waters split up immediately upon coming out of the ground?

You form a channel (preferably with hills on either side) and have it flow downhill in only one direction.

As I said above, Eden is described as having only ONE entrance/exit, and it's the same place where the river exits the garden, and then splits into four (still large) smaller rivers.

The only way possible for there to be only one entrance and to have river that large split up only after reaching that entrance is for the garden to be nestled in a valley, which would be far better to show off the beauty of the garden which God made.

Or do you think that the garden of eden was flat, so that it's beauty was only visible from up high?

Apple7

So?

How much time do you think passed between God's command to Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply and Adam and Eve doing so?

A day?
A week?
A month?
A year?
10 years?

Longer?

They were mature enough for God to tell them to do so, how long do you think Adam could have held out? I mean, she was the most beautiful woman on earth! Not to mention she was also his wife...

Where did I (or anyone here, for that matter) ever say that it was 24 hours between God's command to multiply and Adam and Eve doing so?

Gen 2, onward, proves that creation 'day' 6 is a period of time, not 24 hrs, as detailed by the copious amounts of activity detailed in the text.

Gen 1 is a sequence of events, denoting epochs of time up to the creation of mankind.

Both Adam and Eve needed to be raised from the ground up.

Neither was created as an adult.

And Yahweh Elohim built (way·yi·ḇen) the side which He had taken from the man into a woman, and brought her (way·ḇi·’e·hā) to the man. And the man said, This now at last( hap·pa·‘am) is bone from my bones, and flesh from my flesh. For this shall be called Woman, because this has been taken out of man. (Gen 2.22 – 23)

As the first human clone, three things in these two passages indicate that Eve was created as a child needing to be raised separate from Adam before she was presented back as an age-appropriate mate.

• The Hebrew verb ‘banah’, employed for the creation of Eve, carries with it the meaning to ‘have children’ and ‘obtain children’.

• The Hebrew verb ‘bo’ informs the reader that after Eve was created from Adam, she then had to be brought back to Adam because she was not with Adam. If Eve had been created as a same-age-adult as Adam, then why would Adam have not woken up with Eve by his side to begin with?

• The exclamation ‘hap·pa·‘am’ (at last!) by Adam indicates that he had been waiting for his mate for a very long time. ‘Paam’ carries with it the definition of ‘annual’ and ‘time’, indicating long duration.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Incorrect.

Muslims make the very same claim, and, as of yet, I have never seen them demonstrate their assertion via scriptural exegesis.

Perhaps you can be the first to do so?

I literally just did.

Or did you not read it?

Here it is again.

Heaven is a paradise, is it not?

Did God create a Paradise?

Satan fell ONCE, not twice, and it was in the Garden of Eden, just prior to his tempting of Eve.

Jesus said Satan fell from heaven.

Ezekiel describes Lucifer (through his description of the King of Tyre) as falling from Eden, the Garden of God.

Isaiah describes Lucifer as wanting to "ascend into heaven," (which by this point in time is no longer Eden) something He can't do if he's already in the heavens (where's he gonna go?), and to "ascend above the heights of the clouds," something he can't do if he's already above them.

So here's your scripture that, as a whole, describes Eden as Heaven.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.”Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so.And "God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day. - Genesis 1:1-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis1:1-8&version=NKJV

AND

Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day. - Genesis 1:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis1:31&version=NKJV

AND

“How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations!For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north;I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.’Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit. - Isaiah 14:12-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah14:12-15&version=NKJV

AND

“Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Because your heart is lifted up, And you say, ‘I am a god, I sit in the seat of gods, In the midst of the seas,’ Yet you are a man, and not a god, Though you set your heart as the heart of a god(Behold, you are wiser than Daniel! There is no secret that can be hidden from you!With your wisdom and your understanding You have gained riches for yourself, And gathered gold and silver into your treasuries;By your great wisdom in trade you have increased your riches, And your heart is lifted up because of your riches),”‘Therefore thus says the Lord God: “Because you have set your heart as the heart of a god,Behold, therefore, I will bring strangers against you, The most terrible of the nations; And they shall draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom, And defile your splendor.They shall throw you down into the Pit, And you shall die the death of the slain In the midst of the seas.“Will you still say before him who slays you, ‘I am a god’? But you shall be a man, and not a god, In the hand of him who slays you.You shall die the death of the uncircumcised By the hand of aliens; For I have spoken,” says the Lord God.’ ”Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying,“Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “You were the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created.“You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you.“By the abundance of your trading You became filled with violence within, And you sinned; Therefore I cast you as a profane thing Out of the mountain of God; And I destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the fiery stones.“Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings, That they might gaze at you.“You defiled your sanctuaries By the multitude of your iniquities, By the iniquity of your trading; Therefore I brought fire from your midst; It devoured you, And I turned you to ashes upon the earth In the sight of all who saw you.All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; You have become a horror, And shall be no more forever.”’ ” - Ezekiel 28:2-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel28:2-19&version=NKJV

AND

And He said to them, [JESUS]“I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.[/JESUS] - Luke 10:18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke10:18&version=NKJV

AND

And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. - Revelation 12:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation12:7-9&version=NKJV

--------

NOTE: The "firmament called Heaven" is not talking about the sky or the atmosphere. It's talking about the firmament (Hebrew: raqia) that God created in the midst of the waters of Genesis 1:2. Contrast that with the "firmament of the heavens," which is talking about the sky or atmosphere.

NOTE: Eden is described as having only one entrance. The only way this would be possible is if it were surrounded by a wall of impassable mountains. God cast Satan out of the "mountain of God."

NOTE: in the passage from Revelation, the devil was cast not "down to the earth," but simply "to the earth." This COULD be interpreted as him being cast out of the Garden to the earth.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Gen 2, onward, proves that creation 'day' 6 is a period of time, not 24 hrs, as detailed by the copious amounts of activity detailed in the text.

Gen 1 is a sequence of events, denoting epochs of time up to the creation of mankind.

And Yahweh Elohim built (way·yi·ḇen) the side which He had taken from the man into a woman, and brought her (way·ḇi·’e·hā) to the man. And the man said, This now at last( hap·pa·‘am) is bone from my bones, and flesh from my flesh. For this shall be called Woman, because this has been taken out of man. (Gen 2.22 – 23)

As the first human clone, three things in these two passages indicate that Eve was created as a child needing to be raised separate from Adam before she was presented back as an age-appropriate mate.

•The Hebrew verb ‘banah’, employed for the creation of Eve, carries with it the meaning to ‘have children’ and ‘obtain children’.

•The Hebrew verb ‘bo’ informs the reader that after Eve was created from Adam, she then had to be brought back to Adam because she was not with Adam. If Eve had been created as a same-age-adult as Adam, then why would Adam have not woken up with Eve by his side to begin with?

•The exclamation ‘hap·pa·‘am’ (at last!) by Adam indicates that he had been waiting for his mate for a very long time. ‘Paam’ carries with it the definition of ‘annual’ and ‘time’, indicating long duration.

Which did not answer my question:

A day?
A week?
A month?
A year?
10 years?

Longer?

Apple7

So here's your scripture that, as a whole, describes Eden as Heaven.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.”Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so.And "God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day. - Genesis 1:1-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...8&version=NKJV

Where is the term 'Eden' in this passage?

God established Earth’s atmosphere and water cycle on Creation 'Day' 2.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Saying it doesn't make it so, Apple.

The context of each word "day" in Genesis 1 indicates a normal day, like any other day.

Again, saying it doesn't make it so.

Nope.

Jesus said that God made Adam AND Eve at "the beginning" of creation.

Day 6 is at the beginning.

"Epoch" 6 is not.

Nope.

Eve was created mature on day 6, just like Adam was.

•The Hebrew verb ‘banah’, employed for the creation of Eve, carries with it the meaning to ‘have children’ and ‘obtain children’.

Not really.

Almost every time the word is used, it means to build, rebuild, establish, cause to continue.

When it's used in reference to children, it's talking about building a family, not the children themselves.

b0c2567dbb0bdcda0f47fd9da2fe3ff1.jpg

Strong's h1129

- Lexical: בָּנָה
- Transliteration: banah
- Part of Speech: Verb
- Phonetic Spelling: baw-naw'
- Definition: built.
- Origin: A primitive root; to build (literally and figuratively).
- Usage: (begin to) build(-er), obtain children, make, repair, set (up), X surely.
- Translated as (count): to build (36), and build (33), Build (32), and he build (18), shall build (10), do build (9), he build (9), I have build (9), And built (7), And they build (6), he had build (6), and he built (4), build you (4), had build (4), had built (4), Also he build (3), and builders (3), and have build (3), and shall be build (3), and they shall build (3), build it (3), building (3), have build (3), I will build (3), let us build (3), the builders (3), We will build (3), you shall build (3), and build up (2), and builds (2), and I will build (2), and they have build (2), and to build (2), be build (2), built (2), by building (2), did build (2), for building (2), he built (2), I built (2), in building (2), shall be build (2), so build (2), that build (2), that I may build (2), they build (2), to him who builds (2), was build (2), was building (2), will build (2), you and build (2), you build (2), you have build (2), you shall be build (2), am about to build (1), and build on (1), and build you (1), and building (1), And did build (1), and have children (1), and he even build (1), and he shall build (1), and I will build them (1), and in building (1), and let us build up (1), and made (1), and repaired (1), and shall build (1), and shall build up (1), and shall you build (1), And they built (1), and they shall also build (1), and who build (1), and will build (1), and will build them (1), and you shall build (1), are in building (1), are set up (1), build up (1), build us (1), builders (1), builds her (1), did he build (1), do be build (1), do be build again (1), do build them up (1), do build up (1), do that he build (1), do you build (1), do you built (1), does build up (1), For he build (1), For he build up (1), For the builders (1), had been built (1), has build (1), has built her (1), He builds (1), He has build (1), he made (1), he who builds (1), I had build (1), I have surely (1), I should build (1), in common with us in building (1), in order to build (1), In that you build (1), is build (1), it was in building (1), might be build (1), might build (1), Moreover he build (1), of building (1), shall be build up (1), shall build up (1), shall you be build (1), shall you build (1), so he build (1), So he built (1), so they build (1), that builders (1), that he began to build (1), that he build (1), that I may obtain (1), that is to be build (1), that shall be build (1), That we have build (1), that you will build (1), the building (1), Then build (1), Then he build (1), then shall he set up (1), then shall they be build (1), then will I build (1), They build up (1), they had build (1), They have made (1), They that build (1), to be build (1), to be rebuilt (1), To rebuild (1), while it was in building (1), you and you shall be build (1), you have also build (1), you have built (1), you shall be build up (1), your builders (1).

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=h1129

So that's out.

•The Hebrew verb ‘bo’ informs the reader that after Eve was created from Adam, she then had to be brought back to Adam because she was not with Adam. If Eve had been created as a same-age-adult as Adam, then why would Adam have not woken up with Eve by his side to begin with?

The word also means to be introduced.

Or what, you think that God wouldn't bring Eve to Adam and introduce her to him?

You're reading too much into the text. You should just let it speak for itself.

•The exclamation ‘hap·pa·‘am’ (at last!) by Adam indicates that he had been waiting for his mate for a very long time. ‘Paam’ carries with it the definition of ‘annual’ and ‘time’, indicating long duration.

5081655451001093fb1daab3cc7eb029.jpg

d6487eb54f9b258d4e6d24c6529df02e.jpg

Strong's h6471

- Lexical: פָּ֫עַם
- Transliteration: paam
- Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
- Phonetic Spelling: pah'-am
- Definition: times.
- Origin: Or (feminine) pa;amah {pah-am-aw'}; from pa'am; a stroke, literally or figuratively (in various applications, as follow).
- Usage: anvil, corner, foot(-step), going, (hundred-)fold, X now, (this) + once, order, rank, step, + thrice, ((often-)), second, this, two) time(-s), twice, wheel.
- Translated as (count): times (48), now (7), once (7), this once (5), time (5), as at other (4), twice (4), at the time (2), corners (2), his feet (2), of my feet (2), ranks (2), this time (2), to me that time me (2), - (1), all (1), are your feet (1), as usual (1), feet (1), for my steps (1), in order (1), my footsteps (1), my goings (1), my steps (1), occurrence (1), of his steps (1), oftentimes (1), out as at other (1), second time (1), stroke (1), the anvil (1), the second time (1), the steps (1), the time (1), the wheels (1), times us (1), two times (1), Your feet (1).

I'm not seeing anything about it being a long time at all.

Rather, it seems to indicate an instant (not that God created Eve in an instant, but that at that specific instant, he called Eve "bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh."

In other words, it has nothing to do with how long it took for God to create Eve.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Where is the term 'Eden' in this passage?

God established Earth’s atmosphere and water cycle on Creation 'Day' 2.
Why are you putting day in quotes?

The context indicates a normal day.

Eden isn't mentioned by name until later, in chapter 2.

And I don't disagree that that's when God did so, but that's not what the passage says, nor does it have anything to do with the point I was making.

Apple7

The context of each word "day" in Genesis 1 indicates a normal day, like any other day.

Context.

Please tell us why creation 'Day' 7 was opened - but NEVER closed like the previous 6...

Its because we are still in the 7th 'day'.

Are we going for a new Guinness World Record for the longest 24 hr day?

Apple7

Eden isn't mentioned by name until later, in chapter 2.

Eden was not created on 'Day' 2...

ו וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יְהִי רָקִיעַ בְּתוֹךְ הַמָּיִם, וִיהִי מַבְדִּיל, בֵּין מַיִם לָמָיִם.

1.6 Vayomer Elohim yehi rakia betoch hamayim vihi mavdil bein mayim lamayim.

And said God, Let be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it (be) dividing between waters (and) the waters.

Strong’s #H7549 “rakia” identifies God’s heavenly expanse. The Mosaic account of creation uses this term interchangeably for “on the face of the expanse of the heavens.” in which birds fly (Genesis 1:20) i.e. the atmosphere, and that farther expanse of sky which God placed “the lights….for signs and seasons” (vv.14, 17, referring apparently to their becoming visible through the cloud cover.

The former receives greater emphasis, particularly during that period before the second day, when the earth cooled sufficiently to permit surface waters, separated from what must still have been a massive cloud-bank above, by the atmospheric expanse (Gen 1:6-8).

Reference:

TWOT
Harris, Archer, Waltke
Page 862

ז וַיַּעַשׂ אֱלֹהִים, אֶת-הָרָקִיעַ, וַיַּבְדֵּל בֵּין הַמַּיִם אֲשֶׁר מִתַּחַת לָרָקִיעַ, וּבֵין הַמַּיִם אֲשֶׁר מֵעַל לָרָקִיעַ; וַיְהִי-כֵן.

1.7 Vaya'as Elohim et-harakia vayavdel bein hamayim asher mitachat larakia uvein hamayim asher me'al larakia vayehi-chen.

And made God the expanse, and He separated between the waters which (were) under the expanse, and the waters which (were) above the expanse, and it was so.

Right Divider

Body part
Show us...
Mat 19:4-6 KJV And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, (5) And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? (6) Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

If you think that "at the beginning" does not refer to creation, give a reasonable alternative.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Context.

Please tell us why creation 'Day' 7 was opened - but NEVER closed like the previous 6...

It was closed, just not in the same way as the first six, because it was the end of the creation week.

Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished.And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made. - Genesis 2:1-3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis2:1-3&version=NKJV

The "Then" in the above passage is when the seventh day closed.

What does it describe God doing? Blessing the seventh day, "because in it He rested."

Its because we are still in the 7th 'day'.

Nope.

We're in the here and now, not 7000 years ago.

Are we going for a new Guinness World Record for the longest 24 hr day?

:blabla:

Eden was not created on 'Day' 2...

Eden is a geographical region.

The Garden of Eden (which is sometimes referred to as simply Eden) is a specific location in Eden.

ו וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יְהִי רָקִיעַ בְּתוֹךְ הַמָּיִם, וִיהִי מַבְדִּיל, בֵּין מַיִם לָמָיִם.

1.6 Vayomer Elohim yehi rakia betoch hamayim vihi mavdil bein mayim lamayim.

And said God, Let be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it (be) dividing between waters (and) the waters.

Strong’s #H7549 “rakia” identifies God’s heavenly expanse. The Mosaic account of creation uses this term interchangeably for “on the face of the expanse of the heavens.” in which birds fly (Genesis 1:20) i.e. the atmosphere, and that farther expanse of sky which God placed “the lights….for signs and seasons” (vv.14, 17, referring apparently to their becoming visible through the cloud cover.

The former receives greater emphasis, particularly during that period before the second day, when the earth cooled sufficiently to permit surface waters, separated from what must still have been a massive cloud-bank above, by the atmospheric expanse (Gen 1:6-8).

Reference:

TWOT
Harris, Archer, Waltke
Page 862

ז וַיַּעַשׂ אֱלֹהִים, אֶת-הָרָקִיעַ, וַיַּבְדֵּל בֵּין הַמַּיִם אֲשֶׁר מִתַּחַת לָרָקִיעַ, וּבֵין הַמַּיִם אֲשֶׁר מֵעַל לָרָקִיעַ; וַיְהִי-כֵן.

1.7 Vaya'as Elohim et-harakia vayavdel bein hamayim asher mitachat larakia uvein hamayim asher me'al larakia vayehi-chen.

And made God the expanse, and He separated between the waters which (were) under the expanse, and the waters which (were) above the expanse, and it was so.

Apple, this passage does not describe the atmosphere and the seas. It describes the waters above (what would become the seas) and the waters below (the subterranean chambers of water which would eventually break forth in the Flood of Noah).

The waters of day 2 are the waters of verse 2.

And the firmament that God made in the midst of those waters is the crust of the earth.

Everything we have talked about can be found explained in detail on http://kgov.com/firmament. I suggest you watch the five minute clip on that page, as it is directly related to this discussion.

I also recommend that you watch the following video, which goes through the Hydroplate Theory, breaking it down and showing how it works. The reason for thus is that the Hydroplate Theory, which is primarily a Flood model, also includes how the earth was formed. Bryan Nickel does a good job animating each step God took when He created the Earth and formed it.

https://youtu.be/4hhE6tzJR_c

(You can find the individual parts of the video on Bryan's YT channel, there are six parts total, plus some other videos that explain other aspects of our universe.)

chair

The Garden of Eden is a place on Earth. The text is extremely clear on that point.
The verses in Isaiah about "Lucifer" are not referring to "Satan". Read them in context, and you'll see.

Jerry Shugart

Oh... I see. So, you believe in the gap theory?

But Jerry... Jesus did not believe in the Gap theory. He referred to Adam and Eve existing from "the beginning".

The "beginning" being referred to is the "creation" of humans. When the LORD began to create humans He made them male and female:

"The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?" And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female,'" (Mt.19:3-4).

On the other hand, when the LORD created the earth it was created to be inhabited:

"For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited" (Isa.45:18).​

According to you the following verse describes the way the earth was created:

"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep" (Gen.1:2).​

Unlike you I cannot trick my mind into believing that Genesis 1:2 describes an earth which was created to be inhabited.

Apple7

Mat 19:4-6 KJV And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, (5) And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? (6) Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

If you think that "at the beginning" does not refer to creation, give a reasonable alternative.

The literal reading of this passage is as thus…

ο δε αποκριθεις ειπεν ουκ ανεγνωτε οτι ο κτισας απ αρχης αρσεν και θηλυ εποιησεν αυτους

ho de apokritheis eipen ouk anegnōte hoti ho ktisas ap arches arsen kai thēly epoiēsen autous

But answering, He said, ‘Have you not read that The One who created from the beginning, made them male and female’? Mat 19.4

Many modern English translations, like the KJV that you referenced, completely camouflage the original Greek terms – showing absolutely no distinction between them - and then further insert terms (them) which simply do not exist in the original text order.

As the reader can see, two separate creation verbs are employed, ‘ktisas’ (always used of God via creation ex nihilo), and ‘epoiēsen’ (made).

In keeping with the OT reference, to which this passage applies, the original Hebrew verbs would be ‘bara’ (always used of God via creation ex nihilo), and ‘yatsar’ / ‘banah’ (made).

When these terms are applied to the first man and woman, in Genesis, they are likewise applied first in Gen 1, and then in Gen 2, showing that Adam and Eve were NOT created ‘from the beginning’.

Apple7

It was closed, just not in the same way as the first six, because it was the end of the creation week.

Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished.And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made. - Genesis 2:1-3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis2:1-3&version=NKJV

The "Then" in the above passage is when the seventh day closed.

What does it describe God doing? Blessing the seventh day, "because in it He rested."

Incorrect.

Blessing and sanctifying (anything) has absolutely ZERO association with 'closing' that event, as demonstrated by the Hebrew usage of these terms in ANY OT context.