• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Q. What do Christians and Darwinists have in common with one another?

Right Divider

Body part
He can't prove they're all real people, or that the two geneologies are in the right chronological order, he has to take it on faith. That's where his defense lives, there is no proof, only faith. He could just accept that and say "I know there's no way to prove they're all real people, but I take it on faith that they're all real people" and I could at least respect his belief even if I didn't share it - and conversely, he could accept that not all people will take a "flexible" and "fluid" genealogy as a historically accurate account.

You anti-Bible unbelievers are coming out of the closet. Nothing in the Bible can be trusted by your standards.

Arthur Brain

No, I respect 100% of the Bible. I was mocking your for only accepting the "pretty" parts of the Bible and rejecting the rest.

I gave you a link that explains why there might be differences.

You don't seem to think that God can communicate without error.

AND, ONCE AGAIN.... the point is NOT that there are differences in the genealogies but that they talk about REAL PEOPLE.

Is you think that there are numerous "errors" in God's Word, then you have a false "god".
  • Is there a Creator God?
  • Is He able to communicate with His created beings?
According to you, both of those are in question.

You can "mock" all you want, it ain't gonna amount to much. The link anna provided made a whole lot more sense but then, that wouldn't fit in with your fundamentalist belief would it?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
He can't prove they're all real people, or that the two geneologies are in the right chronological order, he has to take it on faith. That's where his defense lives, there is no proof, only faith. He could just accept that and say "I know there's no way to prove they're all real people, but I take it on faith that they're all real people" and I could at least respect his belief even if I didn't share it - and conversely, he could accept that not all people will take a "flexible" and "fluid" genealogy as a historically accurate account.

Was Jesus a real person?

Right Divider

Body part
You can "mock" all you want, it ain't gonna amount to much. The link anna provided made a whole lot more sense but then, that wouldn't fit in with your fundamentalist belief would it?

And you mock Christians for actually believing God's Word. You're clearly playing for the other team.

Again... a GENEALOGY is NOT an "ethnography". But I expect that kind of deflection from you, since you cannot deal with the truth.

And AGAIN I'll ask: Where do the "allegories" end the the facts begin in those GENEALOGIES? Is Jesus also just an "allegory"? How about Jacob, or Isaac or Abraham?

The fact is that they are ALL real people. God does not lie.

Arthur Brain

And you mock Christians for actually believing God's Word. You're clearly playing for the other team.

Again... a GENEALOGY is NOT an "ethnography". But I expect that kind of deflection from you, since you cannot deal with the truth.

And AGAIN I'll ask: Where do the "allegories" end the the facts begin in those GENEALOGIES? Is Jesus also just an "allegory"? How about Jacob, or Isaac or Abraham?

The fact is that they are ALL real people. God does not lie.

"Playing for the other team"? What is that even supposed to mean? The link anna sent made a darn sight more sense than yours even if it conflicts with your fundamentalist belief system. That isn't everyone else's problem though.

Right Divider

Body part
"Playing for the other team"? What is that even supposed to mean? The link anna sent made a darn sight more sense than yours even if it conflicts with your fundamentalist belief system. That isn't everyone else's problem though.

Please explain to us which people are real and which ones are "allegory".

Was Jesus an "allegory"?
Jacob?
Isaac?
Abraham?
Noah?

Or was Adam the only "allegory"?

Please give us your method for determining how to know the difference.

Arthur Brain

You've made it clear where you stand. You think that the Bible isn't much better than a comic book when it comes to telling historical facts.

No, but then again it's nothing new to hear that from fundamentalists, especially ones with ironic and pompous usernames like yours. You're just an arrogant little man who attempts to disparage anyone who doesn't conform to the same rigid, literalist belief as you do. You are not the arbiter of truth and your division skills aren't too great either.

Arthur Brain

Please explain to us which people are real and which ones are "allegory".

Was Jesus an "allegory"?
Jacob?
Isaac?
Abraham?
Noah?

Or was Adam the only "allegory"?

Please give us your method for determining how to know the difference.

Go read the link that anna supplied you with. Nothing more to add.

Right Divider

Body part
No, but then again it's nothing new to hear that from fundamentalists, especially ones with ironic and pompous usernames like yours.
From the guy with "brain" in his username. Irony x 10

You're just an arrogant little man who attempts to disparage anyone who doesn't conform to the same rigid, literalist belief as you do. You are not the arbiter of truth and your division skills aren't too great either.
You're a pompous know-it-all that thinks that God cannot communicate with His creation.

You're a rigid non-literalist that picks and chooses whatever he wants as "real" and "allegory" based on whim.

You think that your great, great, great, great, great, great granddaddy was a monkey. Now that's funny stuff.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Arthur Brain
That "article" is from the same unbelieving approach that you use. I can see why you love it.

Like this gem:
A special problem is the long life spans in Genesis 5:1-32. In that passage, for example, Adam is said to have lived to be 930 years old.
Why is this a "special problem"? (Hint: It's not)

P.S. I'll bet that you'll want to buy this resource that agrees with your unbeleif.
This post is an excerpt from the Apologetics Study Bible by Holman Bible Publishers. It is used with permission. You can purchase this resource in its entirety here.

Arthur Brain

From the guy with "brain" in his username. Irony x 10

Not if you actually got the joke, that several people on this forum actually did btw. "Arthur Brain" is a joke name and a self deprecating one. "Half A Brain" if you still need it explained to you. My actual name is no such thing.

You're a pompous know-it-all that thinks that God cannot communication with His creation.

You're a rigid non-literalist that picks and chooses whatever he wants as "real" and "allegory" based on whim.

You think that your great, great, great, great, great, great granddaddy was a monkey. Now that's funny stuff.

I've never stated that God can't communicate with His own creation, nor do I believe that any of my distant relatives was a monkey. That's just wildly bizarre on your part.

Right Divider

Body part
Not if you actually got the joke, that several people on this forum actually did btw. "Arthur Brain" is a joke name and a self deprecating one. "Half A Brain" if you still need it explained to you.
Then you have chosen wisely.

My actual name is no such thing.
No kidding? Really?

I've never stated that God can't communicate with His own creation, nor do I believe that any of my distant relatives was a monkey.
Did you not say that man is descended from apes?

That you are the descendant of some single celled creature?

That's just wildly bizarre on your part.
Just listening to what you say.