• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

What is the best explanation for Polystrate Fossils?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
In an epistemology battle, you lose since you based your knowledge on a "belief" rather than facts.

Wait...what, exactly, do I lose, 'dog?

Anyway, what would you say makes something a fact?

Also, why did you write quotation marks around the word, 'belief'? What (if anything) were you trying to signify by doing so?

Also, I like to see, here, that you admit that my knowledge is knowledge--it's nice that you and I can agree on that point. (Oops....now you wish you'd have put quotation marks around the word, 'knowledge'. ;))

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
7d, it is a fact that the universe is billions of years old. And yes, you need to see what the experts say. Have doubts? Visit your local university. And wear a face mask, unless of course you have no concern for your fellow human beings.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
7d, it is a fact that the universe is billions of years old.

Saying it doesn't magically make it so, Jonah.

And yes, you need to see what the experts say.

Another appeal to authority.

Not all the experts say the same thing, and regardless of what they say, just because they're experts doesn't make what they say true. That applies to ones who disagree with you as well.

Have doubts?

No, no doubts here.

Visit your local university.

I'd rather hear it from you, Jonah. Why is the universe billions of years old and not only 7,000 years old?

Or do you not think you're qualified enough to defend your own position?

Because this is what I do:
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; - 1 Peter 3:15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Peter3:15&version=NKJV

And wear a face mask, unless of course you have no concern for your fellow human beings.

Face masks don't work.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It's not smart to lie about posts still up on the board. You know better, and I corrected you, when you ignored what I told you, so you have no excuse. Shame on you.

As you learned, there are three things needed to form rocks, even just a short distance from your house. Why would you lie about something so obvious?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Saying it doesn't magically make it so, Jonah.

Another appeal to authority.

Not all the experts say the same thing, and regardless of what they say, just because they're experts doesn't make what they say true. That applies to ones who disagree with you as well.

No, no doubts here.

I'd rather hear it from you, Jonah. Why is the universe billions of years old and not only 7,000 years old?

Or do you not think you're qualified enough to defend your own position?

Because this is what I do:
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; - 1 Peter 3:15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Peter3:15&version=NKJV

Face masks don't work.

You are well aware of the bases for the age of the universe being billions of years, you just ignore it to fit the time scale into your holy book. I'm simply not going to engage in a Gish Gallop with you. Not worth my time.
My advice remains the same, visit your local university, ask questions of those experts (always seemed like a good idea to me, ask the people who do the work).

Right Divider

Body part
You are well aware of the bases for the age of the universe being billions of years, you just ignore it to fit the time scale into your holy book. I'm simply not going to engage in a Gish Gallop with you. Not worth my time.
And yet here you are time and again... making claims and not supporting them in any way. You are a waste of everyone's time.

My advice remains the same, visit your local university, ask questions of those experts (always seemed like a good idea to me, ask the people who do the work).
Our advice remains the same... put up or shut up.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Amazing, you have an opportunity to get info from experts by just going to a nearby university, yet you would rather argue with some random guy on the internet.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not smart to lie about posts still up on the board. You know better, and I corrected you, when you mischaracterized what I told you, so you have no excuse. Shame on you.
I mischaracterized you? Could you quote what I asked, what you responded with, and what I said that mischaracterized your reply?

I'll make a prediction we'll see more punting.

As you learned, there are such fossils forming just a short distance from my house. Why would you lie about something so obvious?
If you had wanted to say "yes", you should have posted this first instead of punting. If you go to a store looking for Fruit Loops and when you can't find them on the shelf you ask the clerk, but the clerk punts and says, "Let me show you these lovely cupcake liners!", you can safely assume the clerk doesn't have anything close to Fruit Loops. Do you understand this analogy or are you too far gone?

Ok, so we have this wonderful stand of trees you are claiming are becoming fossilized. Can you show us some of the wood that has turned to rock? Where are the continent wide layers these are growing through? Do you think they'll be crushed before they turn into rock, and what will do the crushing?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Stop with the "peer review" worship and talk about the facts behind your belief.

Ah, so we found a way to weasel out of the dialog. Now, I cannot remember whether you are one of the people here who do not trust the experts, but it just makes some sense to me to look at what the experts claim and why. In science, that is through the peer review process in scientific journals. Thats the way it works. While people like Walt Brown are welcome to self-publish whatever they want, it does not make it good science. And yes, peer review is not perfect but without it we would be left with more Walt Browns, Andrew Wakefields (the vaccine/autism guy) and Donald Trump touting BS disease cures.

But you already know what the peer reviewed science, from physicists, cosmologists, astronomers, geologists, biologists, etc. indicates. a 13-14 billion year old universe, a 4 billion+ year old earth and that 6 day creation, only several thousand years ago is not in the cards. Your "understanding" comes from your particular religious text.

I asked you a question ad asked you to provide a basis for your answer. The ball is in your court.

Right Divider

Body part
Ah, so we found a way to weasel out of the dialog.
Dialog.... :rotfl:

Now, I cannot remember whether you are one of the people here who do not trust the experts, but it just makes some sense to me to look at what the experts claim and why. In science, that is through the peer review process in scientific journals. Thats the way it works. While people like Walt Brown are welcome to self-publish whatever they want, it does not make it good science. And yes, peer review is not perfect but without it we would be left with more Walt Browns, Andrew Wakefields (the vaccine/autism guy) and Donald Trump touting BS disease cures.
Rant on all that you want. Experts are not perfect... especially when they are theorizing about the unobservable past.

But you already know what the peer reviewed science, from physicists, cosmologists, astronomers, geologists, biologists, etc. indicates. a 13-14 billion year old universe, a 4 billion+ year old earth and that 6 day creation, only several thousand years ago is not in the cards. Your "understanding" comes from your particular religious text.
More distractions. Care to actually discuss the facts of the case?

I asked you a question ad asked you to provide a basis for your answer. The ball is in your court.
Why do YOU BELIEVE that the earth is billions of years old?

(And no, "because the experts say so" is not an acceptable answer).

Again... PUT UP OR SHUT UP!