• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

What is the best explanation for Polystrate Fossils?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Sorry... I was asking a question.

Are there any fossils forming today?

Fossils require very special conditions to form. Dead plants and animals do not normally leave fossils.

The fact that there are many fossils worldwide is confirmation of a global flood. I know that you will disagree.

Yes, and I asked a question back to see if you had an answer to the question you posed. Yes fossils require very special conditions to form, dead plants and animals do not normally leave fossils.

The fact that there are many fossils worldwide is could be confirmation that the earth is mucho old, much, much more than Biblically old, billions of years old.

The evidence provided by science supports billions of years.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, and I asked a question back to see if you had an answer to the question you posed. Yes fossils require very special conditions to form, dead plants and animals do not normally leave fossils.

The fact that there are many fossils worldwide is could be confirmation that the earth is mucho old, much, much more than Biblically old, billions of years old.

The evidence provided by science supports billions of years.

Nope... the evidence "provided by science" does not support billions of years. Your bias forces you to chose that "option", even though it has many, many problems.

The many fossils are much more readily explained by a... global flood.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Nope... the evidence "provided by science" does not support billions of years. Your bias forces you to chose that "option", even though it has many, many problems.

The many fossils are much more readily explained by a... global flood.

Well, in language my wife uses when teaching high school "I'd agree with you but then we would both be wrong."

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[Bioclastic limestone] cannot be formed in a single global flood.

But you're not going to explain why. :rolleyes:

Do you even have a handle on the fundamentals?

What three things are required to make a rock? What are the three necessary processes?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I can see that actually discussing science and facts is a problem for you. So instead you try to be cute. Are you in her high school class?

Problem is that you are unable to discuss science because your "acience" needs to be filtered through Scripture. And no, I am not in her high school class. Although she has said that to me in the 50+ years we have been married.

Right Divider

Body part
Problem is that you are unable to discuss science because your "acience" needs to be filtered through Scripture. And no, I am not in her high school class. Although she has said that to me in the 50+ years we have been married.

False accusations do not help your case. Your "science" needs to be filtered through your materialist world-view.

She's right to say that.

Last edited:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
False accusation do not help your case. Your "acience" needs to be filtered through your materialist world-view.

She's right to say that.

well, science is not supernatural. So what is the issue?

And, do you know the 3 things required to make rock and will you tell me?

And yes, she is often (not always) right.

Right Divider

Body part
well, science is not supernatural. So what is the issue?
Science is neither supernatural nor natural. You try to stack the deck, but we know better.

The best scientific explanation for many fossils all over the earth is a global flood and not some long, slow and gradual process.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Science is neither supernatural nor natural. You try to stack the deck, but we know better.

The best scientific explanation for many fossils all over the earth is a global flood and not some long, slow and gradual process.

Science is the study of the natural world. And the 3 things required to form rock?

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Science is the study of the national world. And the 3 things required to form rock?
  • No... science simply means knowledge. Natural science is the study of the natural world. There are other non-natural sciences... like the science of logic. You cannot find logic in the material world.
  • Ask Stripe, I didn't say anything about it.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
  • No... science simply means knowledge. Natural science is the study of the natural world. There are other non-natural sciences... like the science of logic. You cannot find logic in the material world.

You asked me if I knew stripe's 3 things required to make rock, I said no, I thought perhaps you knew. If you do please tell me, if you don't then tell me that as well

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Yeah, sorry, got you confused with someone else re stripe's 3 rock forming methods.

I'm not going to play a semantic game with you. If you wish to define "science" as knowledge then there can be a "science" of anything. Woodworking, as I sit at a wooden table, and broadly defined you are correct. But that is simply a word game. I take "science" with a more restrictive definition. I take it to be the study of the natural world. I have no idea whether you can find "logic" in the material world, nor do I care at the moment to become embroiled in some philosophical discussion. It is clear, that the natural sciences if you will, do not support your version of the earth's history.

Right Divider

Body part
Yeah, sorry, got you confused with someone else re stripe's 3 rock forming methods.

I'm not going to play a semantic game with you. If you wish to define "science" as knowledge then there can be a "science" of anything.
That's not "my definition", it's actually what the word means.

Woodworking, as I sit at a wooden table, and broadly defined you are correct. But that is simply a word game. I take "science" with a more restrictive definition.
Indeed, you've tried to limit science to only the material world so that you can "win" the argument.

I take it to be the study of the natural world.
So you do not believe that logic is a valid science?

How about mathematics? Is that not "real science"? You cannot find mathematics in the material world either.

I have no idea whether you can find "logic" in the material world, nor do I care at the moment to become embroiled in some philosophical discussion.
It is best that you avoid rational discussion, otherwise your ideas are exposed for the broken mess that they really are.

It is clear, that the natural sciences if you will, do not support your version of the earth's history.
That is a claim that you cannot support. Otherwise you might have actually tried.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Sorry RD but discussing science with someone who must trust a Holy Scripture no matter what and who buys Walt Brown's fantasy is doomed from the start because your side needs no evidence for Scripture (other than the self serving document itself--no matter what the particular religious document is) and Brown ignores evidence to lend support to a few Bible verses and makes up the rest.
Have a nice life, wear a mask