• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

What is the origin of earth's radioactive elements?

Arthur Brain

You think I'm going to get back into this pointless merry go round again with you? Pass.. You've had it explained to you time and again and you don't listen to anyone or anything that contradicts an entrenched belief system as evidenced with Alate One. Believe the earth is young as you will. Doesn't really matter ultimately anyway.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And there you have it. Artie doesn't understand Alate One's argument well enough to argue it himself, he just has a strong belief that it's correct and so can do no more than continually refer to it.

Like a child. :sigh:

Right Divider

Body part
You think I'm going to get back into this pointless merry go round again with you? Pass.. You've had it explained to you time and again and you don't listen to anyone or anything that contradicts an entrenched belief system as evidenced with Alate One. Believe the earth is young as you will. Doesn't really matter ultimately anyway.

So... you're saying that you have no idea where earth's radioactive elements came from? OK

BTW, it's hugely funny that YOU think that I have "an entrenched belief system". I was raised, like most people, to "believe in" an ancient earth. I've learned better and I still think that there's hope for you.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

So... you're saying that you have no idea where earth's radioactive elements came from? OK

BTW, it's hugely funny that YOU think that I have "an entrenched belief system". I was raised, like most people, to "believe in" an ancient earth. I've learned better and I still think that there's hope for you.

No, wasn't saying that at all but you knew that.

Yes, you do have an entrenched belief system. Alate One had the same at one point and went through a crisis of faith when she realized that the scientific evidence couldn't possibly support it. Thankfully she also realized that a fundamentalist belief could be discarded and that faith and an acknowledgement of science weren't incompatible. So, maybe there's hope for you yet in turn.

Right Divider

Body part
No, wasn't saying that at all but you knew that.
I figured that you had some idea. I was just poking a little fun at ya. We can still do that, right?

Yes, you do have an entrenched belief system.
I have a belief system informed by empirical science and not the religious dogma of naturalistic materialism.

Alate One had the same at one point and went through a crisis of faith when she realized that the scientific evidence couldn't possibly support it. Thankfully she also realized that a fundamentalist belief could be discarded and that faith and an acknowledgement of science weren't incompatible. So, maybe there's hope for you yet in turn.
If you'd like to persuade me, you're going to have to deal with the facts and quit telling me who believes it or how really smart those that believe it are, etc. etc. etc.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I figured that you had some idea. I was just poking a little fun at ya. We can still do that, right?

I have a belief system informed by empirical science and not the religious dogma of naturalistic materialism.

If you'd like to persuade me, you're going to have to deal with the facts and quit telling me who believes it or how really smart those that believe it are, etc. etc. etc.

He already gave you an answer. My response would have been to suggest you hie yourself to your local university and seek out a geologist. Why dont you do that and get back to us.

Arthur Brain

No, you don't have "empirical science" because science does not support a young earth. Calling established scientific theory "religious dogma" is just silly to boot. As before, I'm not interested in a pointless endeavour as you don't listen to people who provide detailed responses to you and are better versed than I. Got better things to do so I wish you well and believe as you will.

Right Divider

Body part
No, you don't have "empirical science" because science does not support a young earth.
Your materialist opinions don't do anything for me.

Calling established scientific theory "religious dogma" is just silly to boot.
Is "established scientific theory" unchangeable and 100% correct?

As before, I'm not interested in a pointless endeavour as you don't listen to people who provide detailed responses to you and are better versed than I. Got better things to do so I wish you well and believe as you will.
So you cannot help me at all?

You've already shown that you don't even know that there are significant problems with the big bang cosmology... and yet you believe in it as "the established scientific theory" as if God handed it to you personally.

Arthur Brain

Your materialist opinions don't do anything for me.

Is "established scientific theory" unchangeable and 100% correct?

So you cannot help me at all?

You've already shown that you don't even know that there are significant problems with the big bang cosmology... and yet you believe in it as "the established scientific theory" as if God handed it to you personally.

No, I can't because you're not interested in science and have already convinced yourself that globally accepted science is wrong. If you're familiar with how the term "theory" is used in science then you'll know that it's different to general usage. That's it for me on this because a waste of time is not something on my priority list. If someone else wants to pick it up then good luck to them.

Right Divider

Body part
No, I can't because you're not interested in science and have already convinced yourself that globally accepted science is wrong.
  • You're lying. I love science.
  • There you go AGAIN with your hero worship.
You NEVER discuss any fact or detail. You just KEEP using that fallacious appeal to authority.

If you're familiar with how the term "theory" is used in science then you'll know that it's different to general usage. That's it for me on this because a waste of time is not something on my priority list. If someone else wants to pick it up then good luck to them.
You bring not a SINGLE fact to the table... just more appeals to authority.

You are a quite a piece of work.

Arthur Brain

• You're lying. I love science.
  • There you go AGAIN with your hero worship.
You NEVER discuss any fact or detail. You just KEEP using that fallacious appeal to authority.

You bring not a SINGLE fact to the table... just more appeals to authority.

You are a quite a piece of work.

You are quite the immature juvenile.

Peace out.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I must have missed it... what was it?

So you want me to go to yet another "true believer" of your religion?

No I want you to go to someone who knows what they are talking about. Feel free to ask questions, to ask what he or she thinks about the Hydroplate Theory, 6 day creation, etc., and your specific question about the origin of earth's radioactive elements. Report back.

Right Divider

Body part
No I want you to go to someone who knows what they are talking about. Feel free to ask questions, to ask what he or she thinks about the Hydroplate Theory, 6 day creation, etc., and your specific question about the origin of earth's radioactive elements. Report back.

So you cannot just give a simple explanation of were earth's radioactive elements come from? Why are you in this thread at all? You're useless.