• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Darwin was right but did not know it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WYRose

BANNED
Banned
Poor Old Charles Darwin gets vilified by all true and lukewarm Christians for apparently claiming everything evolved. He his held up as wonderful by every evolutionist and atheist in the world. But in fact his Origin of Species book frequently has him saying he has no idea of things can evolve.
On the other hand Darwin did inadvertantly prove Earth is very young and the Flood was a worldwide catastrophe as recently as the Bible says!
The evidence is staring at you on every overgrown footpath or abandoned vacant lot.
However to accept and understand this proof you have to accept both Genesis 2:9 and 9:12 are true as they are the key.
If you do accept those verses as truth just post 'Tell more!' and I will explain even though many of you will not like what I post.
I am a very Fundamentalist Christian.

Alate_One

It's almost as if you think that there hasn't been any scientific investigation of the process of evolution since 1859 . . .

There are plenty of good explanations for the process of evolution. Scientists today have a handle on genetics that Darwin could only dream of. And genetics continually supports evolution.

WYRose

BANNED
Banned
It's almost as if you think that there hasn't been any scientific investigation of the process of evolution since 1859 . . .

There are plenty of good explanations for the process of evolution. Scientists today have a handle on genetics that Darwin could only dream of. And genetics continually supports evolution.

Who was talking about genetics?

I was talking about Darwin's research that proves Earth is young and these cannot have been any evolution.

Best bit of genetics research is that which proves all humans date back to Eve.

Right Divider

Body part

The false claim made again and again....

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are plenty of good explanations for the process of evolution.

Really? Please explain how random mutations and natural selection can generate the biosphere from a universal common ancestor. :up:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Really? Please explain how random mutations and natural selection can generate the biosphere from a universal common ancestor. :up:

Stripy wants some random person on the internets to explain scientific issues that can be rather complex to him. Easier to go to a local university and learn something. But that would challenge his "beliefs"

Right Divider

Body part
You say that to everybody but you never make a cohesive argument.

Go back and READ. Myself and others have made plenty of "cohesive arguments" showing the problems with and impossibility of "evolution" (i.e., dead matter came to life on its own and all life is descended from that single common ancestor).

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Easier to go to a local university and learn something.

I did, lots. Got a bunch of degrees in science, among other things.

And was taught that the defining characteristic of a valid scientific theory is reproducibility.

The theory of evolution as promoted by those who believe what Stripe said (random mutations and natural selection can generate the biosphere from a universal common ancestor) has not yet been proven in the lab or in the field.

The first scientist who does will win a Nobel Prize

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Me too. On one of the first days, the lecturer said: "The universe is billions of years old and the planet millions. We don't discuss any other ideas."

Jonahdog seems to think that this attitude is better than a rational, scientific discussion.

Typical Darwinist.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I did, lots. Got a bunch of degrees in science, among other things.

And was taught that the defining characteristic of a valid scientific theory is reproducibility.

The theory of evolution as promoted by those who believe what Stripe said (random mutations and natural selection can generate the biosphere from a universal common ancestor) has not yet been proven in the lab or in the field.

The first scientist who does will win a Nobel Prize

And the Nobel awaits for the first person who shows that evolution is not an accurate description of how the world works. And/or that the universe is less than 10,000 years old.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Me too. On one of the first days, the lecturer said: "The universe is billions of years old and the planet millions. We don't discuss any other ideas."

Jonahdog seems to think that this attitude is better than a rational, scientific discussion.

Typical Darwinist.

Sounds like a good start to the course.
Well,that was a bit flippant of me. Although how much time does Stripe wish the lecturer to spend on alternate versions? And which one does he demand? just the Biblical one. Or should the professor also include Native American creation stories? Creation stories from different cultures?
What kind of class was this---geology perhaps? If you want to examine different creation stories then take an anthropology class maybe.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Nobel awaits for the first person who shows that evolution is not an accurate description of how the world works. And/or that the universe is less than 10,000 years old.

No, it doesn't.

Sounds like a good start to the course.
Sounds like you hate science.

How much time does Stripe wish the lecturer to spend on alternate versions?
None. The course relied not at all on the age of the planet.

Which one does he demand?
None. As a scientist, I assess ideas based on the evidence, not prejudice.

Status
Not open for further replies.