• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Mutations: Accidents or not?

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
When you define "evolution" as "change over time," atheists win the discussion, because no one here argues that species do not change ever.

Stripe

No atheist ever wins an argument with me. lol. Let them think what they want. If no one here argues that species do not change ever then what is all the hollering about. It looks like everyone agrees.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You mean, like the earth is only 100,000 years old or something like that?

No, I mean that the earth is no more than 10,000 years old, and most likely right around 7,000 years old.

Sorry but I do not go in for that fundamentalist extremism stuff. You are welcome to it though.

What, you don't agree with what the Bible teaches?

You don't "go in for" what Jesus said, which is that God made man at the beginning of creation?

You don't believe God who gave the 10 commandments, one of which specifically says "for in six days God created the heavens, the earth, the seas, and all that is in them, and then rested on the seventh day"?

That sort of fundamentalist extremism?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No atheist ever wins an argument with me. lol. Let them think what they want.

You probably haven't debated (and I mean, actually debated them) many atheists on this forum then, not that they're correct, but they do have some, at least to the untrained newbie Christians on TOL, pretty convincing on their face arguments.

It takes a bit of skill to realize most of it is just bluster and complaining though, which so far I personally have not seen you exhibit yet.

Don't worry, we'll make a Christian Creationist Debater out of you yet! :thumb:

If no one here argues that species do not change ever then what is all the hollering about. It looks like everyone agrees.

Which is exactly what I was warning you about.

It's the atheists who claim "evolution means change." Not Creationists. And so you've been lied to, and have been swayed by their argument, as is evident in this very post of yours that I'm quoting now.

Creationists recognize what evolution really is about:

"Evolution is the idea that all life is descended from a universal common ancestor." (Stripe)

Like I said, Evolutionists like defining the problem out of existence. It's moving the goalposts away from what the "theory" of evolution actually is, to try to protect their beliefs from examination.

If evolution is "change over time," then they've won, because no one disagrees that species change over time.

But since evolution is not "change over time," but rather that "all life is descended from a universal common ancestor," we can properly determine that evolution is false, because God said that He created different kinds of animals in a single week, and that God specially made man by breathing life into a form he made from the dust of the ground, not from any other creature that was already in existence.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't plan on getting into a giant argument with you. I will just say that the Bible is not a science book and God did not intend for it to be used as one. Using the Bible for things it was not intended for is one of the biggest mistakes that too may people make. The Bible does not exclude the possibility of evolution. Evolution as explained by atheists is obviously wrong. But legitimate evolution is not disproved by the Bible.
Do you have any idea how many times that I've heard this lame argument?

I did NOT say that the Bible is a science book, BUT when it says something, it's true. When God says that He created in six days, that's what He did. When God says that He created KINDS what reproduce AFTER THEIR KIND, that's how it works.

What do you mean by "legitimate evolution"? That's a very vague term.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
What, you don't agree with what the Bible teaches?

Don't go there man. That's cheap shot stuff. Just because I don't believe in your spin on the Bible does not mean I don't believe in what the Bible teaches.

I believe in what the Bible teaches, I just don't believe in what you say the Bible teaches.

If you need to resort to that garbage then I am out of this discussion.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Don't go there man. That's cheap shot stuff. Just because I don't believe in your spin on the Bible does not mean I don't believe in what the Bible teaches.

I in what the Bible teaches, I just don't believe in what you say the Bible teaches.

If you need to resort to that garbage then I am out of this discussion.

The Bible teaches a six day creation ~7000 years ago. Do you believe that?

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The Bible teaches a six day creation ~7000 years ago

That is just your interpretation. Most people have a different interpretation. In fact I doubt if even 5% of Christians buy into that interpretation. You are welcome to your own interpretation, but don't do what that other guy did - If you disagree with me then you are disagreeing with the Bible - garbage. People who act like that immediately make themselves extremists. There is no talking to someone who thinks they are God.

The age of the earth does not change what Jesus taught. Live like Christ. If you do that, you will learn the age of the earth soon enough.

Right Divider

Body part
That is just your interpretation. Most people have a different interpretation. In fact I doubt if even 5% of Christians buy into that interpretation. You are welcome to your own interpretation, but don't do what that other guy did - If you disagree with me then you are disagreeing with the Bible - garbage. People who act like that immediately make themselves extremists. There is no talking to someone who thinks they are God.
How is that "my interpretation"?

How many believe something does not determine whether it's true or not. That's fallacious reasoning.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
You ignored the most important part of my post: The age of the earth does not change what Jesus taught. Live like Christ. If you do that, you will learn the age of the earth soon enough.

Right Divider

Body part
You ignored the most important part of my post: The age of the earth does not change what Jesus taught. Live like Christ. If you do that, you will learn the age of the earth soon enough.
The entire Bible is what Jesus teaches and it shows a six day creation ~7000 years ago.

So again... how is that "my interpretation"?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Don't go there man. That's cheap shot stuff.

Grow thicker skin, TG. It was meant as a jest.

I in what the Bible teaches, I just don't believe in what you say the Bible teaches.

The Bible teaches, as RD says, that God created in 6 days about 7000 years ago. That is actually what it and the evidence says. What I personally believe has very little to do with that statement.

What YOU believe should line up with what the Bible says, not because I say that it says it, but because you have confirmed for yourself what it says.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The Bible teaches, as RD says, that God created in 6 days about 7000 years ago

And as I said, that is YOUR interpretation of the words. Most Christians have a different interpretation of what it says. You speak in absolutes. "The Bible teaches this!" Sorry, but you have no place to do that.

You should remember something very important: The Bible is a book, an inanimate object. It does not "teach". It just sits there. YOU have to read it, and you may come to a conclusion as to what the words mean, but it is YOU who are doing the reading and the interpreting. What you think it teaches is merely what you have personally decided it means. And that does not just go for this particular topic, it goes for any Biblical topic.

I am sure that you not being Catholic means that you reject Papal Infallibility. Don't expect me to believe in your Infallibility.

I tend to think that what the pope says makes more sense. You should try considering other points of view. You might come off a little less arrogant if you do.

I think I am done here. (Did I say that already?)

Right Divider

Body part
And as I said, that is YOUR interpretation of the words. Most Christians have a different interpretation of what it says. You speak in absolutes. "The Bible teaches this!" Sorry, but you have no place to do that.
AGAIN... how is this "our interpretation"?

What "most Christians" have for their interpretation does NOT determine whether it is TRUE or not.

You should remember something very important: The Bible is a book, an inanimate object. It does not "teach". It just sits there.
Your complete lack of respect for God's Word is duly noted.

YOU have to read it, and you may come to a conclusion as to what the words mean, but it is YOU who are doing the reading and the interpreting. What you think it teaches is merely what you have personally decided it means. And that does not just go for this particular topic, it goes for any Biblical topic.
And you are arguing that YOUR INTERPRETATION is the correct one that "most Christians" agree with. You need to support that with something other than a fallacy.

I am sure that you not being Catholic means that you reject Papal Infallibility. Don't expect me to believe in your Infallibility.
Nor yours.