• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Fossils can be made quickly

Right Divider

Body part
I didn't suggest the fossils were "unicorns", you did

Why are they not unicorns? Do only you get to define what a unicorn is?

I'm guessing that you are assuming that the these unicorn fossils somehow cannot be the same unicorns mentioned in the Bible.

Gotta keep your story intact regardless of opposing evidence.

Stuu

Idiots. The bunch of them. You included if you think that distinction is of any value.
And have you emailed them yet to tell them they are idiots?

A useless distinction.
I think it highlights the point that 10,000 years is almost always not enough time to produce the objects people think of as fossils.

If we take your alt-view, it must be that each week you go to the supermarket and bring home fossils that you keep in your freezer.

Stuart

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And have you emailed them yet to tell them they are idiots?
:yawn:

I think it highlights the point that 10,000 years is almost always not enough time to produce the objects people think of as fossils.
Except we can recreate the process of fossilization and show that it can take as little as a few hours. Evidence trumps your definitions, which only insulate Darwinists against having to discuss their ideas rationally.

If we take your alt-view, it must be that each week you go to the supermarket and bring home fossils that you keep in your freezer.
:yawn:

Stuu

Except we can recreate the process of fossilization and show that it can take as little as a few hours.
And what does that tell you about natural history? That fossils formed by humans recreating the process?

Stuart

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And what does that tell you about natural history?

The discussion was over whether the arbitrary 10,000-year requirement is sensible. It's telling that you don't seem to have anything sensible to say in defense of it.

Stuu

So the consensus of the thread is that fossils can be made quickly, in as little as 10,000 years?

End of thread?

Stuart

Right Divider

Body part
So the consensus of the thread is that fossils can be made quickly, in as little as 10,000 years?

End of thread?

Stuart

With the right conditions, fossils can form in a day (that's 24 hours).

Why is this hard for you to understand? Oh... that's right.... your religion will not allow facts to get in your way.

Try reading the OP and the referenced article for a change.

Stuu

With the right conditions, fossils can form in a day (that's 24 hours). Why is this hard for you to understand? Oh... that's right.... your religion will not allow facts to get in your way. Try reading the OP and the referenced article for a change.
I think you should try reading the referenced article.

Stuart

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
On earth during the aftermath of a global catastrophic event.

Not very specific, think you can do better? Although, if your position is that ALL fossils formed under the conditions needed for rapid formation, then that took place all over the earth at the same time. Is that your position? Or can you be more specific?