• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Fossils can be made quickly

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/how-to-make-a-fossil

Making fossils doesn't require long periods of time. Saying all fossils were formed over long periods of time (for example, millions of years) ignores that fact, and makes the claim special pleading.

Fossils can form quickly enough that they could occur during the time it took for the Flood in Genesis to occur.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/how-to-make-a-fossil

Making fossils doesn't require long periods of time. Saying all fossils were formed over long periods of time (for example, millions of years) ignores that fact, and makes the claim special pleading.

Fossils can form quickly enough that they could occur during the time it took for the Flood in Genesis to occur.

Interesting, can you point me to any particular fossil in the real world that was created during the flood that met the conditions noted in the paper? Clay substrate, 410 degrees F and 3500 psi?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
More significantly, it's nearly impossible for something to fossilize solely as part of a slow, gradual process.

Right Divider

Body part
More significantly, it's nearly impossible for something to fossilize solely as part of a slow, gradual process.

Indeed!

The huge number of fossils found all over the earth indicate a huge cataclysmic event that buried millions (perhaps billions) of plants and animals quickly. :think:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Didnt answer my question. Anyone have any idea of the size of the human population just before the Flood?

Answers in Genesis seems to say---"not sure", It was either "low" due to the general nastiness of everyone other than Noah and his family or perhaps between 750 million and 4 billion. I believe Henry Morris may have suggested about 2 billion. So where are all the human fossils intermixed with the dino or other fossils???

And however many people there were, why did the infants have to die? Were they already evil and tainted?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... why did the infants have to die (in the Flood)?

a good question Jonah, and one that is pondered by those in the Body and those seeking to justify their rejection of God

i don't have the answer, only more questions and the faith that God's mercy was at play

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
i don't have the answer, only more questions and the faith that God's mercy was at play

"God's mercy"? Sure, let me drown a 6 month old. And before I get banned for daring to ask that question---failing to ask it shows a lack of moral courage if you believe in a historical Noachian Flood. Does not really put your deity in a very merciful light. But I guess we can write it off to "We just can't know everything about the Christian god".

But still no response to the other question, How many people were killed in the Flood, and the next question---where are all those fossils.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
a good question Jonah, and one that is pondered by those in the Body and those seeking to justify their rejection of God

I think that's part of it, but I think that there's more to it than just "how many babies did God kill with the flood?".

I think a better question to ask is, "how many babies were there just before the flood?"

See the link below for why I say that...

"God's mercy"? Sure, let me drown a 6 month old. And before I get banned for daring to ask that question---

You're not going to get banned for asking questions. Only if you're disrespectful. So don't be disrespectful.

failing to ask it shows a lack of moral courage if you believe in a historical Noachian Flood. Does not really put your deity in a very merciful light.

I think your frame of reference is wrong, and is therefore causing you (perhaps willingly) to accuse God of injustice.

But I guess we can write it off to "We just can't know everything about the Christian god".

I think in this case, it's pretty easy to figure out.

But still no response to the other question, How many people were killed in the Flood, and the next question---where are all those fossils.

The answers to your questions, "Why did the infants have to die?" and, "Anyone have any idea of the size of the human population just before the Flood?" and, "Where are all those fossils?" are found here:

http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/FAQ225.html#wp16506776

Right Divider

Body part
Answers in Genesis seems to say---"not sure", It was either "low" due to the general nastiness of everyone other than Noah and his family or perhaps between 750 million and 4 billion. I believe Henry Morris may have suggested about 2 billion. So where are all the human fossils intermixed with the dino or other fossils???
As you could image (if you allow yourself to), the fossils are arranged based on several ways that they would have been sorted. Humans and dinosaurs likely were not near neighbors and that is one of the things what would determine their final resting place in the deposits left by the flood.

I'm sure that you must also be aware that there marine fossils found high in every mountain range around the globe. How does "long ages" explain that?

And however many people there were, why did the infants have to die? Were they already evil and tainted?
So you think that you can critique God's judgment on the world?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
As you could image (if you allow yourself to), the fossils are arranged based on several ways that they would have been sorted. Humans and dinosaurs likely were not near neighbors and that is one of the things what would determine their final resting place in the deposits left by the flood.

I'm sure that you must also be aware that there marine fossils found high in every mountain range around the globe. How does "long ages" explain that?

So you think that you can critique God's judgment on the world?

1. We still don't see lots of human fossils from preflood, whether they were neighbors or not. And how do you know they were not near neighbors? And where might the resting places of all the human fossils be found even if not with dinosaurs? They gotta be somewhere, right?
2. I see your knowledge of geology and earth science is limited. Find a local university, seek out at geologist, he can easily explain how the marine fossils got on mountain tops.
3. No problem on my end critiquing your deity's "judgment on the world", especially as it relates to infants who could not possibly have done anything wrong.

Right Divider

Body part
1. We still don't see lots of human fossils from preflood, whether they were neighbors or not.
Who says that there are "not lots of human fossils"?

And how do you know they were not near neighbors?
I didn't say that I KNOW that... simply that it's a likely reason that the fossils might not be found together.

And where might the resting places of all the human fossils be found even if not with dinosaurs? They gotta be somewhere, right?
There are lots of human fossils. I don't know where you get your bad information.

2. I see your knowledge of geology and earth science is limited. Find a local university, seek out at geologist, he can easily explain how the marine fossils got on mountain tops.
Why don't you just go ahead an tell me? Is it beyond your ability?

3. No problem on my end critiquing your deity's "judgment on the world", especially as it relates to infants who could not possibly have done anything wrong.
The Creator of all life can judge as He pleases. If you think that He's a meany, that's your problem.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Who says that there are "not lots of human fossils"?

I didn't say that I KNOW that... simply that it's a likely reason that the fossils might not be found together.

There are lots of human fossils. I don't know where you get your bad information.

Why don't you just go ahead an tell me? Is it beyond your ability?

The Creator of all life can judge as He pleases. If you think that He's a meany, that's your problem.

So where are those "lots of human fossils"

As to the marine fossils on mountain tops, you would be better served by seeking out a geologist at a local university, wouldn't want you to get bad information.

As far as your genocidal Creator, you are welcome to him, along with the obviously silly science you must accept to avoid punishment from your Creator.

Right Divider

Body part
So where are those "lots of human fossils"
All over the planet.

As to the marine fossils on mountain tops, you would be better served by seeking out a geologist at a local university, wouldn't want you to get bad information.
Just tell me... don't you know?

As far as your genocidal Creator, you are welcome to him, along with the obviously silly science you must accept to avoid punishment from your Creator.
God created life and God has every right to take it back. That you hate Him for that is your own personal problem.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
All over the planet.

Just tell me... don't you know?

God created life and God has every right to take it back. That you hate Him for that is your own personal problem.

1. Well you may be correct, there may be lots of human fossils. Lots of Homo fossils, right? Just a bit over 6000 years old. And even older hominid fossils.
2. Millions of years of tectonic movement.
3. I don't hate unicorns nor do I hate your deity.

See the underlying problem? I accept science, you accept a religious book cobbled together several thousand years ago. No contest.

Right Divider

Body part
1. Well you may be correct, there may be lots of human fossils. Lots of Homo fossils, right? Just a bit over 6000 years old. And even older hominid fossils.
Lots of fossils of all kinds. Just like one would expect from a global catastrophe like a global flood.

2. Millions of years of tectonic movement.
Baloney... only in the minds of those that believe fairy tales.

3. I don't hate unicorns nor do I hate your deity.
Good for you.

See the underlying problem? I accept science, you accept a religious book cobbled together several thousand years ago. No contest.
I accept BOTH science and the Bible. No contest.