Discussion-One on One: Abortion (red77 vs. Turbo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have no right to condemn any actions of a rape victim either, whether they be right or wrong, according to the teachings and example of Jesus
Glenda
If I make the following statement... "the government should convict people who murder their children, of a crime" ... Would this prove that I have rejected the teachings of Jesus?

If a woman was raped, became pregnant and raised the child for four years, and the child looks just like his rapist daddy...
If I actually saw the woman killing her four year old child and made the statement " the government should convict that woman of murder" Would that, in your view, be a rejection the teachings of Jesus?

Glenda

JAS 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be [ye] warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what [doth it] profit?

Talk is cheap. What is a life REALLY worth ... in physical reality rather than words, to those claiming to be desperate to save new life at any cost?

What if there is a raped pregnant girl who may wish to take 'morning-after' pill following the rape? Would you simply talk at her, or would you offer to actually put your money and efforts where your mouth is and do whatever it takes to save the fertilized egg? Would you offer to sponsor the pregnant girl so she could afford to have the baby if she wanted? Would you offer to pay all the associated costs of having and raising the child?
If she was intent on NOT carrying the pregnancy, then would you offer to pay for her to have the fertilized egg harvested at an IVF clinic so you could in fact save the life of the newly fertilised egg and you could organise to have it implanted in wife or daughter womb so as this new life is carried, born and grows up in your family? What is a new life worth to you???????? Please give a dollar and effort value instead of empty talk ... would you care what colour or race the baby was (considering the racist threads on TOL) or whether fertilized egg carried any disease from the rape? Would you be happy to risk the disease danger on your wife or daughter womb since you are happy for a child stranger to risk this danger?

What is a life of poverty-stricken pregnancy (mother and baby) really worth to financial Christians? Not in placards, but in dollars and personal effort?

Think of Schindler's list ... he personally paid to save lives. What will you pay to save lives? How personal are you willing to make the effort ... rather than talk to promote them to go somewhere else to get help.

What would you be willing to pay poverty-stricken pregnant females to have babies that would have been otherwise aborted coz females could not afford pregnancy or resulting child ... what is the price you are willing to put on a life that you expect others to be able to afford? Are you willing to carry a fertilized egg that you push a raped child to carry? Instead of telling people where they can look for help, why don't you actually physically help them yourself instead of simply talk?

Are you really prepared to personally help or simply talk?

What is a new life worth to you in REAL terms????

JAS 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be [ye] warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what [doth it] profit?

Talk is cheap ... and sometimes even worthless.
Fertilized eggs are depending on YOUR intervention because nobody else seems to want them ... if the current womb doesn't want it, are you willing to offer an alternative womb?
Maybe you could adopt an egg instead of an unwanted baby. The egg doesn't mind which womb it lives in. If someone else's daughter can't handle a pregnancy, then maybe your daughter could.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame

Talk is cheap. What is a life REALLY worth ... in physical reality rather than words, to those claiming to be desperate to save new life at any cost?

What if there is a raped pregnant girl who may wish to take 'morning-after' pill following the rape? Would you simply talk at her, or would you offer to actually put your money and efforts where your mouth is and do whatever it takes to save the fertilized egg? Would you offer to sponsor the pregnant girl so she could afford to have the baby if she wanted? Would you offer to pay all the associated costs of having and raising the child?
If she was intent on NOT carrying the pregnancy, then would you offer to pay for her to have the fertilized egg harvested at an IVF clinic so you could in fact save the life of the newly fertilised egg and you could organise to have it implanted in wife or daughter womb so as this new life is carried, born and grows up in your family? What is a new life worth to you???????? Please give a dollar and effort value instead of empty talk ... would you care what colour or race the baby was (considering the racist threads on TOL) or whether fertilized egg carried any disease from the rape? Would you be happy to risk the disease danger on your wife or daughter womb since you are happy for a child stranger to risk this danger?

What is a life of poverty-stricken pregnancy (mother and baby) really worth to financial Christians? Not in placards, but in dollars and personal effort?

Think of Schindler's list ... he personally paid to save lives. What will you pay to save lives? How personal are you willing to make the effort ... rather than talk to promote them to go somewhere else to get help.

What would you be willing to pay poverty-stricken pregnant females to have babies that would have been otherwise aborted coz females could not afford pregnancy or resulting child ... what is the price you are willing to put on a life that you expect others to be able to afford? Are you willing to carry a fertilized egg that you push a raped child to carry? Instead of telling people where they can look for help, why don't you actually physically help them yourself instead of simply talk?

Fertilized eggs are depending on YOUR intervention because nobody else seems to want them ... if the current womb doesn't want it, are you willing to offer an alternative womb?
Maybe you could adopt an egg instead of an unwanted baby. The egg doesn't mind which womb it lives in. If someone else's daughter can't handle a pregnancy, then maybe your daughter could.

Funny thing...you said a lot of nothing :blabla: but never answered Delmar's question.

Glenda, why don't you following all of the sayings of Jesus. According to you if you don't that means you don't love Jesus.

Jesus said to sell everything you have and give to the poor.

Have you done that yet Glenda?

Why do you hate babies?

Silk Queen

Funny thing...you said a lot of nothing :blabla: but never answered Delmar's question.

Glenda, why don't you following all of the sayings of Jesus. According to you if you don't that means you don't love Jesus.

Jesus said to sell everything you have and give to the poor.

Have you done that yet Glenda?

Why do you hate babies?
I think Glenda brought up some very good points, Would anyone be willing to take the young pregnant girl in their home and care for her?
Would any one be willing to adopt the baby?
Would anyone be willing to put some money toward the welfare of young pregnant girls raped or otherwise?
What I glean from her post is everyone is willing to say have the baby, but who is willing to help in a spiritual or finiancial way?
Correct me Glenda if I misunderstood.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can you answer my question yes or no??????
I asked first :)

Red and I have been following the teachings of Jesus by NOT CONDEMNING a rape victim's actions!

Jesus commanded we CONDEMN NOT!
Do you embrace the teachings of Jesus or do you reject them?
ie do you love Jesus or not?????????
(ONLY those who love him keep his teachings according to Jesus!)

Something else to chew on ... when David and Bathsheba had unlawful sex, God killed the resultant baby rather than the adults!

Neither Red nor I condone killing anyone! Neither Red nor I approve of abortion. Neither Red nor I CONDEMN actions of a rape victim!!!!!!! This is in agreement with the teachings of Jesus!!!!!!!!
If you love Jesus then you keep his sayings and obey him.

However ... back to the issue and question you have not yet answered:
The CLEAR teachings of Jesus we MUST embrace IF we LOVE Jesus:

LK 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

JN 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
JN 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
JN 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Where does Jesus ever change his mind and suddenly APPROVE or CONDONE condemning anyone for doing the wrong thing ????????

Jesus did NOT condone adultery, yet he did NOT condemn the adulteress!!!!!

Who considers thay should reject the teachings and example of Jesus by condemning the wrongs of others?????????????

Show me where Jesus gives you the right to condemn others in opposition to his clear teachings and example!

Would it be wrong for me to quote John 3:18 to an abortion doctor?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think Glenda brought up some very good points, Would anyone be willing to take the young pregnant girl in their home and care for her?
Would anyone be willing to put some money toward the welfare of young pregnant girls raped or otherwise?
What I glean from her post is everyone is willing to say have the baby, but who is willing to help in a spiritual or finiancial way?

Have you ever heard of Crisis Pregnancy Center?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame

Yes I would.

Now let's see what I gleaned from Glenda's post...

Delmar asked:

If I make the following statement... "the government should convict people who murder their children, of a crime" ... Would this prove that I have rejected the teachings of Jesus?

and then:

If I actually saw the woman killing her four year old child and made the statement " the government should convict that woman of murder" Would that, in your view, be a rejection the teachings of Jesus?

And in response Glenda basically said that it is better to kill a baby than to grow up poor. How sad.

Glenda said:

Would you offer to sponsor the pregnant girl so she could afford to have the baby if she wanted?

implying she would rather kill the baby.

Glenda said:

would you care what colour or race the baby was (considering the racist threads on TOL) or whether fertilized egg carried any disease from the rape?

implying that it is better to kill a baby than to have it born with disabilities.

Glenda said:

What would you be willing to pay poverty-stricken pregnant females to have babies that would have been otherwise aborted coz females could not afford pregnancy or resulting child

implying it is better to kill a baby than to have it grow up poor.

Glenda said:

if the current womb doesn't want it,

proving she is crazy because wombs can't "want".

Glenda would rather kill a baby than have a baby born that isn't perfect or has less money than most people.

Why does Glenda hate babies so much and why didn't she answer Delmar's question?

Glenda

Yes I would.

Now let's see what I gleaned from Glenda's post...

Delmar asked:

and then:

And in response Glenda basically said that it is better to kill a baby than to grow up poor. How sad.

Glenda said:

implying she would rather kill the baby.

Glenda said:

implying that it is better to kill a baby than to have it born with disabilities.

Glenda said:

implying it is better to kill a baby than to have it grow up poor.

Glenda said:

proving she is crazy because wombs can't "want".

Glenda would rather kill a baby than have a baby born that isn't perfect or has less money than most people.

Why does Glenda hate babies so much and why didn't she answer Delmar's question?

Evidently you don't understand when people speak clearly exactly what they mean.

You read your personal imagination and interpretation into what others write in plain English.

What I said and implied is that people should put their money and physical efforts where their mouth is. I quoted James also, in case you couldn't understand me.
Because James says to put your money and physical, rather than verbal, efforts where your mouth is, do you think he didn't like babies?

If I said 'I like cats', that is NOT an implication that I desire the death of dogs or any other creatures.

I like babies and do not desire the death of any born or unborn, yet basic morals and scripture allow us to know that it's not ok to criticize the choices of others, if we are unwilling to physically (NOT verbally) relieve their situation and put ourselves in their place and carry their load. I'm unwilling to carry the fertilised egg of a raped child, so I'm unwilling to criticize what choice they make about carrying a fertilized egg they had no choice in. It's so easy to pretend to be more righteous and simply verbalise willingness to be in the place of the raped child ... but such talk is cheap or worthless. ACTIONS speak louder than words ... so instead of speaking, actually BE in the place of the pregnant raped child and carry their load ... either financially by PERSONALLY supporting them and their offspring, or physically by actually carrying their load, in this instance a fertilized egg.

It would be a relief to hear people say 'that child is unwilling to carry the fertilized egg resulting from a rape and I know how she feels because I'm unwilling to carry it either, so I'm the same as her'. That would be so much more honest and compassionate than saying 'I'm better than her because I told her she should carry the fertilized egg yet she wickedly chose not to so I decided to publicize how there are many wicked people like her and gossip about them and slander anyone who says such self-righteous gossip is wrong'. (here's a thought, maybe you could promote implying anti-gossips are saying something they never said ... you know, twisting what someone says is an effective form of false witnessing for purposes of slander)
Maybe some people could even promote someone who is against self-righteous gossip, as a baby hater or a nazi or a murderer ... that should be easy to spread with the aid of other self-righteous people who enjoy nasty gossip about the wickedness of others. Instead of self-righteous people looking at their own wickedness and fixing that and minding their own business about the situations and choices of others, they could slander the one saying put up or shut up. Oh yes, that should work and then self-righteous people could get back to being comfortable with their gossip about others.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Evidently you don't understand when people speak clearly exactly what they mean.

You read your personal imagination and interpretation into what others write in plain English.

What I said and implied is that people should put their money and physical efforts where their mouth is. I quoted James also, in case you couldn't understand me.
Because James says to put your money and physical, rather than verbal, efforts where your mouth is, do you think he didn't like babies?

If I said 'I like cats', that is NOT an implication that I desire the death of dogs or any other creatures.

I like babies and do not desire the death of any born or unborn, yet basic morals and scripture allow us to know that it's not ok to criticize the choices of others, if we are unwilling to physically (NOT verbally) relieve their situation and put ourselves in their place and carry their load. I'm unwilling to carry the fertilised egg of a raped child, so I'm unwilling to criticize what choice they make about carrying a fertilized egg they had no choice in. It's so easy to pretend to be more righteous and simply verbalise willingness to be in the place of the raped child ... but such talk is cheap or worthless. ACTIONS speak louder than words ... so instead of speaking, actually BE in the place of the pregnant raped child and carry their load ... either financially by PERSONALLY supporting them and their offspring, or physically by actually carrying their load, in this instance a fertilized egg.

It would be a relief to hear people say 'that child is unwilling to carry the fertilized egg resulting from a rape and I know how she feels because I'm unwilling to carry it either, so I'm the same as her'. That would be so much more honest and compassionate than saying 'I'm better than her because I told her she should carry the fertilized egg yet she wickedly chose not to so I decided to publicize how there are many wicked people like her and gossip about them and slander anyone who says such self-righteous gossip is wrong'. (here's a thought, maybe you could promote implying anti-gossips are saying something they never said ... you know, twisting what someone says is an effective form of false witnessing for purposes of slander)
Maybe some people could even promote someone who is against self-righteous gossip, as a baby hater or a nazi or a murderer ... that should be easy to spread with the aid of other self-righteous people who enjoy nasty gossip about the wickedness of others. Instead of self-righteous people looking at their own wickedness and fixing that and minding their own business about the situations and choices of others, they could slander the one saying put up or shut up. Oh yes, that should work and then self-righteous people could get back to being comfortable with their gossip about others.

Are you ever going to answer Delmar's question?

Since you mentioned Schindler, can I justly call Hitler evil for killing six million jews...or will I have had to have walked in his shoes first...or carry his load?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
well dear little one, I know you just suffered a heinous crime that was very painful and embarrassing, but I have decided that you will now also suffer morning sickness and regular embarrassing gyneacology check-ups and lack of ability to enjoy any more childhood activities like climbing trees with your friends (such activities endanger the pregnancy) and you will also suffer embarrassment

Glenda,

Seriously...here is why I believe you hate babies. You think it is justifiable to kill an unborn baby to save the mother from embarrassment, morning sickness, doctor visits, and not being able to climb trees while pregnant!

Can you imagine when this woman stands at the Judgement seat of Christ and explains to God that she read on an online forum from someone named Glenda that it was better to kill her unborn baby so that she could climb trees with her friends!

Do you think God will be happy about that you convinced an 11 year old to kill her baby?

Luke 17:2

It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Since you mentioned Schindler, can I justly call Hitler evil for killing six million jews...or will I have had to have walked in his shoes first...or carry his load?

:shocked: How could any person condemn Hitler? It isn't in the Bible!
We must love chatmaggot, love.....

....love them straight to Hell.
:dead:

Glenda

I can see how you would be enormously eager to promote a child rape victim of Hitler to have his baby or you would wish to have such a fertilized egg transferred to a womb in a member of your family. You are very generous and loving and I'm sure you would adore the child if it looked identical to the dad and had any genetic madness defect or disease the same as the dad.
I applaud your willingness to act according to your words and place yourself in the shoes of a rape victim and carry their load, even if it is spawn of Hitler. You are willing to bring this new life to maturity and that is a huge task and responsibility and I congratulate you for taking over the load of someone who could not cope with bearing Hitler's seed.
Congratulations on willingness to ensure Hitler lives on in his offspring.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
I can see how you would be enormously eager to promote a child rape victim of Hitler to have his baby or you would wish to have such a fertilized egg transferred to a womb in a member of your family. You are very generous and loving and I'm sure you would adore the child if it looked identical to the dad and had any genetic madness defect or disease the same as the dad.
I applaud your willingness to act according to your words and place yourself in the shoes of a rape victim and carry their load, even if it is spawn of Hitler. You are willing to bring this new life to maturity and that is a huge task and responsibility and I congratulate you for taking over the load of someone who could not cope with bearing Hitler's seed.
Congratulations on willingness to ensure Hitler lives on in his offspring.

Are you saying we should punish the child for the sins of the father?

The Bible strictly forbids that!

Ezekiel 18:1-3

1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "What do you people mean by quoting this proverb about the land of Israel:
" 'The fathers eat sour grapes,
and the children's teeth are set on edge'?
3 "As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, you will no longer quote this proverb in Israel. 4 For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the son—both alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

Glenda...please understand this. You would kill a baby because it looks like its father or because of the sins of the father. However...God says to NOT punish the child for the sins of the father.

You would go against the commands of God?

Glenda

Are you saying we should punish the child for the sins of the father?

The Bible strictly forbids that!

Ezekiel 18:1-3

1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "What do you people mean by quoting this proverb about the land of Israel:
" 'The fathers eat sour grapes,
and the children's teeth are set on edge'?
3 "As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, you will no longer quote this proverb in Israel. 4 For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the son—both alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

Glenda...please understand this. You would kill a baby because it looks like its father or because of the sins of the father. However...God says to NOT punish the child for the sins of the father.

You would go against the commands of God?

Of course I wouldn't go against the commands of God, but neither would I offer to have a rape victim's fertilized egg implanted in my womb since I'm unwilling to bear their load. Since I'm unwilling to bear their load, I have no right to criticize any choice they may make.

However YOU have the right to criticize their choice since YOU are willing to carry their load for them by ensuring the fertilized egg is welcome to be transferred to a womb of one of your family members to keep it alive if the rape victim chooses not to keep the fertilized egg alive in their womb. You can keep more rape victim fertilized eggs in frozen storage so that no fertilzed egg need be lost and you can have them implanted after the previous egg matures and vacates the womb.

This is where you and I are different. YOU have the right to criticize because YOU are personally saving the egg at great personal effort, discomfort and expense to yourself ... instead of spruking worthless, empty self-righteous words in absence of offering alternative ways of saving the fertilized egg. Words will not save a fertilized egg, but an alternative womb or frozen storage will save it.

You are more righteous than I in taking such measures to ensure you secure the life of the fertilized egg, since these medical options are available, yet I am unwilling to participate in them while you are. Good on you. That is definitely being a true pro-life activist because you are 'actively' involved in saving the life of the fertilized egg!

It certianly would be more refreshing to discuss taking such positive steps instead of worthlessly criticising pregnant rape victims who aren't aware you offer these fertilized egg life-saving options.

It would be worthless to criticize a pregnant rape victim being unwilling to nurture a fertilized egg if the critic was ALSO unwilling to nurture that same fertilized egg! No point criticizing someone for NOT doing something you are also NOT willing to do.

rexlunae

chatmaggot and Shimei:

I'm going to reassert my earlier question about compulsory adoption. For or against and why?

A lot of anti-abortion advocates like to pretend that it's just a matter of liking or hating babies. But that's not the point at all. The question is, if a woman has done nothing wrong, nothing to deserve the burdon of the care of a baby, what right does the law have to assign her that burdon merely as a result of her being a victim of a hideous crime? Does the need of the child to have that kind of support trump the right of the mother to choose her own life?

If you say the child's needs trump the woman's rights, then it seems like you pretty much have to support compulsory adoption.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Do you know a young lady, who wants to put her baby up for adoption, that needs a place to stay until the child is born. I'll have to talk to my wife, but I think we could take her in. We would certainly be willing to adopt the baby!

Glenda

Do you know a young lady, who wants to put her baby up for adoption, that needs a place to stay until the child is born. I'll have to talk to my wife, but I think we could take her in. We would certainly be willing to adopt the baby!

Delmar, this is an absolutely excellent thing to do and I'm certain if you spoke with a Crisis Pregnancy Center that they would have a list of needy pregnant young women who would jump at the opportunity you offer of taking them in until baby is born. Adoption centres can't usually keep up with demand for babies so you would probably find you are temporarily parenting needy pregnant young women rather than permanently adopting a baby. Whatever the outcome, it would be wonderful real needed help you are giving and that is so much more valuable than any words.
God bless you in this.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
chatmaggot and Shimei:

I'm going to reassert my earlier question about compulsory adoption. For or against and why?

A lot of anti-abortion advocates like to pretend that it's just a matter of liking or hating babies. But that's not the point at all. The question is, if a woman has done nothing wrong, nothing to deserve the burdon of the care of a baby, what right does the law have to assign her that burdon merely as a result of her being a victim of a hideous crime? Does the need of the child to have that kind of support trump the right of the mother to choose her own life?

If you say the child's needs trump the woman's rights, then it seems like you pretty much have to support compulsory adoption.

If a girl finds herself in this position there are three options.
Find a way to raise the baby.
Put the child up for adoption.
Murder the baby.

Non of the available options are free of "burden", but the greater burden is to live with the reality that you have committed murder!

rexlunae

If a girl finds herself in this position there are three options.
Find a way to raise the baby.
Put the child up for adoption.
Murder the baby.

Non of the available options are free of "burden",

From your response, I'm not sure which way you are answering. Does she or does she not have an obligation to support the child at her own expense, and do you answer the same way to compulsory adoption?

but the greater burden is to live with the reality that you have committed murder!

That's nothing more than your preference. Giving birth to a child from a rape is a lot to demand of a woman, and some may consider that to be a greater burden, especially if they don't see abortion as murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.