This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DEVO
    Tragically I doubt Zakath will REALLY read what Bob is writing... I mean... Zakath will read it..... but will he READ it? Know what I mean?
    Does READ = agree with in this instance?

Comment

• Re: As a matter of truth

Originally posted by heusdens
      Why is the position of God declared truths in no way adequate to understand the world and to find truth?
      Uhm... are you cutting and pasting this material here?

TheologyOnLine is designed to be a "point" vs. "counterpoint" style forum.

We discourage simply coping and pasting large volumes of information on the forum.

Please dialog.
      Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
      TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

• Re: Re: As a matter of truth

Originally posted by Knight
        Uhm... are you cutting and pasting this material here?

TheologyOnLine is designed to be a "point" vs. "counterpoint" style forum.

We discourage simply coping and pasting large volumes of information on the forum.

Please dialog.
        I started a new thread, and I can testify, that are the words I wrote myself. I din't copy-paste that from somewhere else (however I did copy-paste that to some other discussion board but that's another thing).

Regards.

Rob

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: As a matter of truth

Originally posted by heusdens
          I started a new thread, and I can testify, that are the words I wrote myself. I din't copy-paste that from somewhere else (however I did copy-paste that to some other discussion board but that's another thing).

Regards.

Rob
          Please do your best to DIALOG with others on the forum...

Sort of like...

So and so says... "bla bla bla..."

And then you respond their "bla bla bla..." and counter with "bla bla bla bla".

Know what I mean?
          Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
          TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zakath
            Does READ = agree with in this instance?
            Uh no. "Read" in this instance means... "read".

As in... take the time to truly understand and acknowledge what Bob has said.

Do you think your going to do that this time?
            Freedom of choice is what you want, Freedom of choice is what you got.

sigpic

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: As a matter of truth

Originally posted by Knight
              Please do your best to DIALOG with others on the forum...

Sort of like...

So and so says... "bla bla bla..."

And then you respond their "bla bla bla..." and counter with "bla bla bla bla".

Know what I mean?
              You mean like ehmmmm.... I say 'XXX' and then they say 'YYYY' and then I respond 'ZZZZ'.... ehmmmmmmmm......

In thought I could already figure out all the range of possible counterargument in my head, and provide the counterarguments to those argumtens, and the counterargument to the counterarguments to those arguments, etc, already in my post...

Anyway, I get the picture. Thanks!

Comment

Uh no. "Read" in this instance means... "read".

As in... take the time to truly understand and acknowledge what Bob has said.

Do you think your going to do that this time?
                I disagree with quite a bit of what St. Bob the Broadcaster says, not to mention his charming ad hominem style of debating...

I'm glad he finally stated what his standard was, AFTER FIVE POSTS...

Now we'll see if he can demonstrate it to us...

Comment

You see thats just what I mean, Bob stated his standard in his very first post!

In Bob's first post he wrote...
                  If you admit to right and wrong, then you will have provided evidence for the definition of the real God, and you will also have helped us calculate the opportunity cost of atheism. For, if there is an absolute Originator, then logically, an absolute moral standard would have originated with Him.
                  We are all reading these posts.. are you?
                  Freedom of choice is what you want, Freedom of choice is what you got.

sigpic

Comment

I disagree with quite a bit of what St. Bob the Broadcaster says, not to mention his charming ad hominem style of debating...

Now we'll see if he can demonstrate it to us...
                    Why try to demonstrate it anymore than he already has, you will deny anyway. Instead why don't you show us how you think a persons conscience could evolve.

Comment

You see thats just what I mean, Bob stated his standard in his very first post!
                      Bob has argued himself into a corner this round. Stay tuned...

Comment

• Originally posted by AROTO
                        Why try to demonstrate it anymore than he already has, you will deny anyway.
                        Watch the next post for some interesting developments.

Instead why don't you show us how you think a persons conscience could evolve.
                        I'll type this slowly so you can follow...

Bob is asserting that God is responsible for the gaps in scientific knowledge that he illustrated in his posts. I concurred that they were gaps and that I have no explanation, at present. End of story.

Once I've answered a question, if he keeps asking the same questions over and over he will not get a different answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by flash
                          Interesting tactic. Bob just responded to Zakath's charges of God-of-the-Gaps arguments by making a God-of-the-Gaps argument.
                          Yep. Bob is showing that Zakath's charges are unreasonable, since science uses the same gaps-logic.
                          Attempting to get to the bottom of arguments at TOL since 2000.

"Love is the fulfillment of the law." - Romans 13:10

Comment

Bob is asserting that God is responsible for the gaps in scientific knowledge that he illustrated in his posts. I concurred that they were gaps and that I have no explanation, at present. End of story.

Once I've answered a question, if he keeps asking the same questions over and over he will not get a different answer.
                            It seems fair for Bob to do on this point, Zakath: How can you criticise Bob using God to fill gaps, when you are using nothing?

Comment

• Originally posted by .Ant
                              It seems fair for Bob to do on this point, Zakath: How can you criticise Bob using God to fill gaps, when you are using nothing?
                              How can you fill holes with holes?
                              Not that I think that Zakath gives us the best performance in providing a real and profound basis for an atheist/materialist point of view, but the Gods of the past don't do it anymore.
                              You can not built up a true and profound theory about everything when you use God as your first principle. God or any spiritual 'substance' can not be taken for the primary substance there is in the world, that actualy forms and shapes the world.
                              That role can only be provided by a substance which is known as matter.

Comment

• God is not a hole.

Everyone has a first principle. You can't make any argument without one.

Comment

Working...
                                X