ARCHIVE: Bob Enyart has already lost the debate ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bmyers
Because, unlike some who post here, I will quite often at least attempt to be diplomatic rather than blunt. I understand that this runs the risks of people interpreting what I say per their own biases, but that's at least in part their problem. You, for example, not only interpreted my statement in the worst possible light, but saw fit for some reason to then post this conclusion and to come very close to a public accusation of lying on my part. Why you seemed to think this was necessary, I could only speculate.

Frankly, I haven't found that I do appear less credible, to those whose opinions of my credibility concern me.
Uhh..ok

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mr Potato Head
Hey Aussie!

I beg to differ... just go to infidelguy.com - Go a third of the way down the page, look on the left side. They give you two sites that you can donate through, stormpay and paypal! Whoops. Oh, and then have you ever noticed that in order to do anything you need money? Apparently not. Maybe it's true that some churches have illegal drug runs to raise money but most have to rely on private donors. You ever think about that??

Oh, and I found a couple church sites that don't ask for money (www.nefc.net and www.apc-online.org). So that didn't work either.

One last thing, don't start quoting the Bible when you have no idea what's going on. It had nothing to do with the money that was being given to the temple (see Mark 12:41-44) as to why Jesus cleared it, it was the fact that they were mocking the sacrificial system (the very thing Jesus came to fulfill) by selling animals for the sacrifice while ripping people off and being "robbers." It had nothing to do with giving money to the Church or to projects it undertakes.
GREAT post, Mr. Potato Head!

:thumb:Welcome to TOL!

Freak

Originally posted by Zakath

The tone of you post comes across as disappointed; but you should realize that, unlike Enyart, I do not make my living from arguing about religious beliefs. I think the rapidity with which Enyart self-published the debate (on sale at his website for a mere $19.95 plus shipping and handling), without even the common courtesy of allowing the other major party involved (me) to review the text prior to publication, demonstrates where his head was in the matter.

For me, debating on boards like this was just a pastime. For him, debating here appears to be merely another way to make money off of religion.

(edited to add the link to Enyart's website) - Z

I was not aware of this. I'm going to pm Knight about this. :shut:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
NO kidding Freak!!!

KNIGHT!!!!

This could be another member perk! Platinum Level : Read the infamous Battle Royal between Bob Enyart and Zakath!

Aussie Thinker

BANNED
Banned
I want to go to his website and tell everyone come here and get it free.

Also tell them to try listening to a few of the resident atheists here and start to live a real life instead of a fantasy one !

LightSon

Originally posted by Aussie Thinker
We both conclude that religion is generally greedy !

Man is generally greedy, and to the extent that religion is comprised of men, it too will be generally greedy.

Jesus was clear; we cannot serve God and mammon (money).

"The love of money is the root of all evil".

There are scores of Bible passages that warn about misplaced attitudes about and desires for money.

Last edited:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Aussie Thinker
I want to go to his website and tell everyone come here and get it free.

Anyone who actually cares prolly already has.

Also tell them to try listening to a few of the resident atheists here and start to live a real life instead of a fantasy one !

Oh.. yeah! Hey Knight! Another good ToL tagline :

Debate the facts of spontaneous regeneration with athiests on ToL!

bmyers

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by Nineveh
bmyers,

What did you read by Mr. Enyart?

You mean besides the contents of his web site, his postings here, listening to his radio show on occasion (it's good for a laugh, if nothing else), and the occasional missive he manages to get into the local press? Outside of those, just a couple of publications that he's at least contributed to (sorry, I can't cite the titles right now - they weren't mine, but rather some pieces that a friend gave me to look over a couple of years back). All were, as I said early, consistent only in their utter lack of meaningful content. Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception. I can't tell which, but I know from what I've read that there is little sense in continuing to look for any sort of significant contribution from that source.

And if that is not a sufficient answer for you, I'm sorry - but it's all you'll get on this particular subject. Shall we return to the topic at hand? I.e., the merits of the points made in THIS particular debate?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
bmyers,
"utter lack of meaningful content. Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception. I can't tell which"

Could you please cite somethng for an example, or am I just to take your word for it?

bmyers

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
bmyers,
"utter lack of meaningful content. Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception. I can't tell which"

Could you please cite somethng for an example, or am I just to take your word for it?

Well, you COULD try to read his stuff yourself with a more objective, critical eye, but if you're not going to do that, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. As I said, I've said all I feel is necessary on this particular topic. If you find someone else who sees value in continuing on this line, please feel free to carry on.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Well, from what I've read, he has not contradicted Scripture. I was wondering if maybe you had found where he had.

Your word doesn't agree with my own reason and my own common sense.

bmyers

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Well, from what I've read, he has not contradicted Scripture. I was wondering if maybe you had found where he had.

No, I haven't, and that's not what I said in the first place. Frankly, I could not possibly care less if he has or has not contradicted Scripture, or at least your interpretation of it.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
No, I haven't, and that's not what I said in the first place.

I didn't say that you did.

Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception

You said that.

My common sence says not to believe you.

bmyers

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod

My common sence says not to believe you.

Then don't. My opinions of Mr. Enyart do not depend on you believing them. Nor would I expect you to believe anything that did not agree with your own common "sence", assuming, of course, that I was concerned with what you believed in the first place.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
My opinions of Mr. Enyart do not depend on you believing them.

Besmirching someone and coming so close to calling them a liar ("willful deception") ... and with no evidence or argument to back it up ...

I imagine you don't care what I think :)

bmyers

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Besmirching someone and coming so close to calling them a liar ("willful deception") ... and with no evidence or argument to back it up ...

More than sufficient evidence has already been presented in this and other threads relating to the so-called "Battle Royale." If you can't be troubled to look it up, that's hardly my problem.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
bmyers,
I didn't say "Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception", you did, they are your beliefs. I guess your beliefs are as good as the evidence you see fit to present.

bmyers

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
bmyers,
I didn't say "Enyart argues his points from either a condition of woeful ignorance of the subject matter at hand, or out of willful deception", you did, they are your beliefs. I guess your beliefs are as good as the evidence you see fit to present.

What part of "the evidence has already been presented" are you incapable of understanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.